Darkhorses?

Darkhorses?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 5:21 am #1

Anyone wanna call some darkhorses out there that can take up a spot to state?

Farkas darkhorse 1600 meters
Farkas darkhorse 1600 meters

May 25th, 2010, 6:02 am #2

Re: Darkhorses?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 7:11 am #3

I was just about to call that.. Farkas has dropped some really fast PR's lately

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 8:07 am #4

Dark horses, in this reserved opinion, consist of Kellen Blumberg in the 3200m and Karly Zlatic in the (girl's) 200m. Blumberg can crank out a hilly (approx) 3 mile @ XC Mt Sac in the 14's and we're supposed to doubt he can muscle out a 910 or faster??! I suspect he can. With breathing room.

As for Zlatic, is it possible she just gets faster every week, or every race? I, for one, have never seen a fresh-woman, look so poised, committed, game, and flat-out aggressive in years. Not since, without the pedigree, Monique Henderson.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 3:30 pm #5

Could be considered a darkhorse? Carlos B. from Kearny! He has the fastest seed time and was placed in the slower race which he won by 10-15 meters but since he wasnt pushed he has no chance to make it into the A race. However, I predict he will run the fastest 800 of the day and have to watch everyone in the A race go to state with slower times. Isn't CIF Awesome!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 3:41 pm #6

he sure didn't take his race out like a 1:55 guy...there were guys to push in that heat too...no excuses!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 4:54 pm #7

My point will be proven on Saturday. So I bid you all adieu!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 5:51 pm #8

he sure didn't take his race out like a 1:55 guy...there were guys to push in that heat too...no excuses!
Agreed. He finished almost a full second behind the winner of his heat (Valente, Cathedral Catholic), who himself qualified for the "A" final. NOT that Carlos himself is complaining, but in regard to the the author of the post who officiously complained on Carlos' behalf, it hardly sounds like he had to make the race by himself.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 5:58 pm #9

Officiously - objectionably aggressive in offering one's unrequested and unwanted services, help, or advice; meddlesome: an officious person.

Geez, someone asked for a darkhorse.

The guy gave you one.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

May 25th, 2010, 6:39 pm #10

I'm talking about the "potential" Rancho Bernardo XC team (I say "potential" only because (a) it's unrealistic to insist that track times translate into equally strong XC performances, and (b) I don't know if these 5 young men will necessarily even run XC). To be honest, up until 10 minutes ago, I wouldn't have been able to name a runner on the squad. However, in flipping through the CIF Prelim results, RB runners kept posting great, though not headline-making marks. I figured there might be some recycling in the mix (i.e., runners who doubled), and certainly some seniors. Largely, there was neither. Consider a squad built around this "potential" core group: Juniors (Class 2011) -- Ian Cable 1:57.8, Jake Fenlason 1:58.8, Geoff Bogan 4:18.3, 9:35.6, Anthony Girolamo 9:41.8; Sophomore (Class 2012) -- Kevin Mihalik 9:40.5. That looks like the makings of a frighteningly fast pack.

Confirmation of reply: