Dr Check-need info please

Dr Check-need info please

joanne434
joanne434

December 12th, 2008, 2:25 pm #1

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm in Montgomery County, PA and was just recently diagnosed with high FSH (35 on cd3) and during my search for an RE that specializes in high FSH I've come across Dr Check's name frequently and was hoping you'd be willing to share your experiences - the good, bad and ugly.

Here's a little background on me......

I've had a problem with ovarian cysts since 12 and was put on bcp from 13-22. At 22 I went of bcp to ttc and got preg 3 mos later. I now have a DD who is 14. I'm now 37, remarried and had been actively ttc for 2+ yrs. My cycles had been a bit sporadic for the past 12-15mos, sometimes 25-28 days and then every now and then I'd bleed after only 2 weeks. Finally broke down and consulted with an RE in late Aug. DH's SA was great - no issues there. I was to do the clomid challenge the next cycle...well AF refused to show up for 52+ days so I finally broke down and took Provera to bring on AF and then had lap surgery, D&C and hysterscopy last month. RE found I was loaded with endo, the left ovary was just a sliver (I'm assuming because it's run out of eggs) and left tube mis-shaped. Right ovary was normal size but locked up by the endo and when "released" during the surgery a large endomtrioma was found and removed. Right tube looked good. RE was very hopeful after the surgery indicating he thought I'd be able to get preg on meds. 3 weeks ago AF started so I went in for cd3 bloodwork and u/s and my FSH came back 35, prog was normal and E2 was 30. The RE had me on 100mg clomid cds5-9 and on cd10 (which was Thanksgiving, ugh) I went back in for bloodwork and u/s...u/s showed 6-8 small follies but bloodwork showed the clomid did nothing for me...my E2 only went up to 32 so the RE skipped right to another consult. At this consult he recapped that IVF is out for me due to my high FSH and only had a 1% chance w/IVF. He said we could give injectables a shot for a few cycles with IUI but our chances would only be 1-9% at best. Needless to say I've been completely devastated. We're planning on taking injections classes after the New Year (I'm just too emotionally unhealthy right now) along with acupunture with this RE but I have this nagging feeling that I need a Dr that specializes in high FSH.

Sorry this is so long.

I welcome any and all stories, suggestions, comments - anything you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

You can also reach me by email at joanne9_4@yahoo.com.

Thank you sooooo very much.

Joanne

JenB
JenB

December 12th, 2008, 4:04 pm #2

You would be better off posting this question on the New High FSH board as this board is really really slow. There are many women on that board who have experience with Dr. Check and you will likely get quick responses.
good luck! Here is the link to the other board.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/

January 14th, 2009, 1:10 pm #3

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm in Montgomery County, PA and was just recently diagnosed with high FSH (35 on cd3) and during my search for an RE that specializes in high FSH I've come across Dr Check's name frequently and was hoping you'd be willing to share your experiences - the good, bad and ugly.

I've had a problem with ovarian cysts since 12 and was put on bcp from 13-22. At 22 I went of bcp to ttc and got preg 3 mos later. I now have a DD who is 14. I'm now 37, remarried and had been actively ttc for 2+ yrs. My cycles had been a bit sporadic for the past 12-15mos, sometimes 25-28 days and then every now and then I'd bleed after only 2 weeks. Finally broke down and consulted with an RE in late Aug. DH's SA was great - no issues there. I was to do the clomid challenge the next cycle...well AF refused to show up for 52+ days so I finally broke down and took Provera to bring on AF and then had lap surgery, D&C and hysterscopy last month. RE found I was loaded with endo, the left ovary was just a sliver (I'm assuming because it's run out of eggs) and left tube mis-shaped. Right ovary was normal size but locked up by the endo and when "released" during the surgery a large endomtrioma was found and removed. Right tube looked good. RE was very hopeful after the surgery indicating he thought I'd be able to get preg on meds. 3 weeks ago AF started so I went in for cd3 bloodwork and u/s and my FSH came back 35, prog was normal and E2 was 30. The RE had me on 100mg clomid cds5-9 and on cd10 (which was Thanksgiving, ugh) I went back in for bloodwork and u/s...u/s showed 6-8 small follies but bloodwork showed the clomid did nothing for me...my E2 only went up to 32 so the RE skipped right to another consult. At this consult he recapped that IVF is out for me due to my high FSH and only had a 1% chance w/IVF. He said we could give injectables a shot for a few cycles with IUI but our chances would only be 1-9% at best. Needless to say I've been completely devastated. We're planning on taking injections classes after the New Year (I'm just too emotionally unhealthy right now) along with acupunture with this RE but I have this nagging feeling that I need a Dr that specializes in high FSH.

Sorry this is so long.

I welcome any and all stories, suggestions, comments - anything you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Joanne
Hey,

I don't get out here much anymore, but lived on this board for months looking for advice,help and people who understood. My first son was a pill baby and then the high FSH hit...I had an FSH of 94.4 someone out here told me to see DR. Check and I did. I now have a 2 and a half year old that i got pregnant with with an FSH of 25 at the age of ummm Gosh I think I was 33 or 34!!!! Anyway, he was a natural pregnancy ( I mean no IVF) We took some pills from Check, but nothing major and in 3 months of seeing him we were rgnant. I carried full term and he is healthy and fine!!! There is hope Check is a God and a positive attitude is a big boost. Never give up, no matter what!!! Feel free to email me at home I'd be happy to write to you, just be sure to write something in the RE as high FSH otherwise I may delete it thinking it's junk mail :0)

scholden3@verizon.net

Best wishes and good luck to all out here and never give up!!!!
Cheryl

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 19th, 2009, 2:49 am #4

Sorry this is so long.

Joanne
if you have a high FSH try Penn. Check is a mess and I heard he is loosing business and had to lay off a lot of people to keep afloat. Waste of time.

March 28th, 2009, 5:26 pm #5

I was at Penn and did not get good support! I am now off to see Dr. Check! I have been a life long patient at Penn and feel it is a great institution, but not for high fsh.

new gal
new gal

June 17th, 2009, 10:05 pm #6

if you have a high FSH try Penn. Check is a mess and I heard he is loosing business and had to lay off a lot of people to keep afloat. Waste of time.
why are you so negative against dr. check. just curious bc i am going there i see it is not a well run machine there. but would love your input thanks

new gal
new gal

June 19th, 2009, 4:46 pm #7

i am just wondering why you are so against dr check. i am going to him and would prefer not to waste time if you have any input. i have seen other posts that his office is laying off and so on. what does that have to do with dr. check