Would Jerry & Charles like to see libertarianism applied worldwide. ideally?

Would Jerry & Charles like to see libertarianism applied worldwide. ideally?

Rick
Rick

January 3rd, 2004, 9:09 pm #1

What would it mean to apply libertarianism worldwide?

jerry t. searcy
jerry t. searcy

January 9th, 2004, 10:43 pm #2

It would mean worldwide freedom, & prosperity.
Jerry

Rick
Rick

January 10th, 2004, 1:20 am #3

?

j.t. searcy
j.t. searcy

January 11th, 2004, 1:53 am #4

Of course!
Jerry

Rick
Rick

January 11th, 2004, 4:29 am #5

Well, that's something to really thing about Jerry. I'm going to sleep on that and we're going to have a little history lesson in a few days.... about countries. Why is the world made up of countries? How did that happen? When did it start to occur? What was the world like before countries? That sort of thing. It's a sad day when a citizen of the country like the USA wishes it would disappear, I must say. It's amazing that you feel comfortable putting that view forth, however-- as they say, it's a free what?

j.t. searcy
j.t. searcy

January 11th, 2004, 11:24 pm #6

I worded my response incorrectly. I meant "of course there would be countries". Sorry, my mistake,
Jerry

Rick
Rick

January 12th, 2004, 4:09 pm #7

It seems to me that the libertarian philosophy in which the only purpose of government would be to defend national borders is superfluous if you could have a world-wide libertarian government whose sole purpose was to prevent individuals from using force against one another. Shouldn't a completely borderless and country-less world be the true aim of libertarians? Where am I going wrong here?

If the world wide application of libertarianism isn't feasible, then why not, as Vincente Fox has apparently recently suggested, do away with the border between Mexico and the US? Wouldn't that be a positive developement for libertarian thinkers? As well, the Canadian border can be eliminated. A tri-partite Canada, US, Mexico authority would make sure that no force was used by anyone against anyone else in that contiguous area.

Non E. Moose
Non E. Moose

January 20th, 2004, 4:31 am #8

No borders to keep poorer people out? Within two years the USA and other affluent nations would have a majority of their populace reduced to the same level as the poor of other nations - maybe a cup of rice a day (plus a handful of mealworms if lucky).

This would also give free reign to the libertarian philosophy, with no restraints on the more intelligent to figure out ways to oppress the less. Tribalism and feudalism would then develop, and the entire planet would be set back centuries, such as is the case even now in the border regions of Afghanistan/Pakistan, and some African areas.