SA Inc to make presentation to Boca Raton council on Tues.

SA Inc to make presentation to Boca Raton council on Tues.

January 13th, 2004, 3:23 am #1

I checked in with Klein's Imminst.org and noted, in the news section, that the Boca Raton newspaper is reporting that SA Inc is going ahead with a presentation despite indications last fall that they'd be turned down. So we'll see how this goes for them tomorrow.

SA Inc is going to be doing research but I never quite understood why Saul is funding SA Inc when 21CM seems to be doing quite well in terms of the same research. What is he doing? What is the strategy here? Does anyone understand this? Why am I the only one asking this sort of question amongst 1000 cryonicists?

Rick
Rick

January 13th, 2004, 1:38 pm #2

I wonder who's going to the council meeting tonite? I would imagine Saul and Bill will be there. And of course Shumaker and Hayes. And maybe the ARFF people (animal rights). It's hard to imagine what the animal rights people are up to these days. You would think that they would want pets to be able to be recovered just like humans. This is a final do or die meeting, I think. Until yesterday I thought it was a dead issue.

January 13th, 2004, 2:33 pm #3

I checked in with Klein's Imminst.org and noted, in the news section, that the Boca Raton newspaper is reporting that SA Inc is going ahead with a presentation despite indications last fall that they'd be turned down. So we'll see how this goes for them tomorrow.

SA Inc is going to be doing research but I never quite understood why Saul is funding SA Inc when 21CM seems to be doing quite well in terms of the same research. What is he doing? What is the strategy here? Does anyone understand this? Why am I the only one asking this sort of question amongst 1000 cryonicists?
[SA INC]'s website has been switched off. Why? I was able to get in to the SA site via a google search that yielded /news but when I try to go through the front door... well, click on the link and view it yourself!

January 13th, 2004, 2:41 pm #4

It was reported late last year that SA would give up their pitch to Boca Raton's council. Now, it seems an 11th hour reversal of that decision has been made. I found the Boca Raton news article about that posted at Kleins Imminst.org site at the bottom where he has a few news items.

On SA's website, it was indicated that one area of resistance SA faced in FL was from the Board of Funeral Directors which wanted SA to be a mortuary. It was reported on the SA site that that would make all bedside anti-ischemia treatment impossible. However, with the recent CI decision, it seems to me that SA is reconsidering the "impossible" view. Maybe David Ettinger, having "succeeded" with Michigan, is now helping SA and Hayes to put a deal together in Florida that would allow SA to operate as a mortuary with an agreement that it's a different kind of mortuary, in the same way that he got Michigan to agree that CI is a different kind of cemetery. If my conjecture is accurate, then the question of the hour is "Will SA Inc become a mortuary?"

Last edited by recreation on January 13th, 2004, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xtrams
xtrams

January 13th, 2004, 4:05 pm #5

I wonder whether phrase "This web site has SUSPENDED operations" was a deliberate choice?

January 13th, 2004, 11:31 pm #6

[+]. Here is a link that will take you to the Boca council meeting minutes and agendas.

[+] Here is a link to a Boca guide where you can see a picture of the city hall where SA is making its presentation.

Non E. Moose
Non E. Moose

January 14th, 2004, 4:12 am #7

Rick wrote:

"SA Inc is going to be doing research but I never quite understood why Saul is funding SA Inc when 21CM seems to be doing quite well in terms of the same research."

Because 21CM only does research, not cryopreservation, and is in California? And although there is Alcor in Arizona (and wherever it can get to in many hours via ever-increasing airline delays), there is until now no cryopreservation organization in Florida, where he has his condo?

Could be.

Non E. Moose
Non E. Moose

January 14th, 2004, 4:15 am #8

It was reported late last year that SA would give up their pitch to Boca Raton's council. Now, it seems an 11th hour reversal of that decision has been made. I found the Boca Raton news article about that posted at Kleins Imminst.org site at the bottom where he has a few news items.

On SA's website, it was indicated that one area of resistance SA faced in FL was from the Board of Funeral Directors which wanted SA to be a mortuary. It was reported on the SA site that that would make all bedside anti-ischemia treatment impossible. However, with the recent CI decision, it seems to me that SA is reconsidering the "impossible" view. Maybe David Ettinger, having "succeeded" with Michigan, is now helping SA and Hayes to put a deal together in Florida that would allow SA to operate as a mortuary with an agreement that it's a different kind of mortuary, in the same way that he got Michigan to agree that CI is a different kind of cemetery. If my conjecture is accurate, then the question of the hour is "Will SA Inc become a mortuary?"

Rick wrote:

"Maybe David Ettinger, having "succeeded" with Michigan, is now helping SA and Hayes to put a deal together in Florida that would allow SA to operate as a mortuary"

That would be ironic, the Kent clique getting help from CI!

Rick
Rick

January 14th, 2004, 11:52 am #9

I suppose we'll all have to wait for the Boca Raton newspaper to publish something.

Rick
Rick

January 14th, 2004, 11:57 am #10

Rick wrote:

"SA Inc is going to be doing research but I never quite understood why Saul is funding SA Inc when 21CM seems to be doing quite well in terms of the same research."

Because 21CM only does research, not cryopreservation, and is in California? And although there is Alcor in Arizona (and wherever it can get to in many hours via ever-increasing airline delays), there is until now no cryopreservation organization in Florida, where he has his condo?

Could be.
I think the history of Florida cryonics still needs to be written. I'm not exactly sure what happened to the equipment and people that were there in the 1980's.