Mobile 1?

Mobile 1?

Dan
Dan

October 21st, 2002, 7:44 pm #1

I heard in many of the posts about Mobile 1 why is it more special than any other synthetic oil?

The MAN
The MAN

October 26th, 2002, 3:05 pm #2

There has been EXTENSIVE INDEPENDANT TESTING of Fully Synthetic Mobil One Motor Oil.
All of the labs reporting test results for this product have confirmed it's performance claims. This includes Consumer Reports Magazine and the Federal Trade Commission.
I use it in my "all aluminum" (Chevy based) 632 cubic inch BB (1000 hp on the dyno, pump gas, no nitrous) 73 Chevelle.
It's a street car. (With 30,000 miles so far). It's fuel injected, supercharged and eats Vipers for lunch.
The look on the drivers face more than makes up for the risk...
Mobil One is GOOD oil. Put it in your car whatever it is.

Dan
Dan

October 28th, 2002, 5:44 am #3

thanks for the response.
mmm nice car but I still like a viper for its looks.

MOKO
MOKO

December 20th, 2002, 6:57 pm #4

There has been EXTENSIVE INDEPENDANT TESTING of Fully Synthetic Mobil One Motor Oil.
All of the labs reporting test results for this product have confirmed it's performance claims. This includes Consumer Reports Magazine and the Federal Trade Commission.
I use it in my "all aluminum" (Chevy based) 632 cubic inch BB (1000 hp on the dyno, pump gas, no nitrous) 73 Chevelle.
It's a street car. (With 30,000 miles so far). It's fuel injected, supercharged and eats Vipers for lunch.
I, too am a true believer of Mobile One. Started using it when a Indy 500 mechanic told me how he uses Mobile One in his personal vehicles. Instead of changing oil every 3000 miles (which gets quite expensive), he changes oil filter and top off with fresh Mobile One. It seems to work real well. My oil looks, smells and feels like new oil nomatter when I check mine.

John Smoot
John Smoot

December 22nd, 2002, 9:55 pm #5

Do you ever actually change the Mobil 1 (pull the drain plug), or do you just go on and on by changing the filter and topping off? If oil is good enough, and the filters are good enough, that should work. I'd like to know of several people who've done that for some time before I try it. Oil, even Mobil 1, is cheap to change every 6000 miles, compared to the cost of an engine. But I'm always willing to listen to an idea that might work.

Heavy Up
Heavy Up

January 19th, 2003, 9:30 pm #6

I heard in many of the posts about Mobile 1 why is it more special than any other synthetic oil?
The molecular structure of synthetic motor lube is very different. Organic oil molicules are "round", while synthetic oil molicules are "flat".
"Flat" molicules, as a result of being flat seem to move with less friction & heat. These "flat" molicules also seem to be able to absorb much more heat and dirt without the resulting heat and loss in lubricity.
This is the simplest explaniation I can think of without getn too wordy......

bingo
bingo

March 25th, 2004, 1:14 pm #7

Do you ever actually change the Mobil 1 (pull the drain plug), or do you just go on and on by changing the filter and topping off? If oil is good enough, and the filters are good enough, that should work. I'd like to know of several people who've done that for some time before I try it. Oil, even Mobil 1, is cheap to change every 6000 miles, compared to the cost of an engine. But I'm always willing to listen to an idea that might work.
i used mobil delvac witch is the same as mobil 1 and i change my oil every 30,000. the oil is still just as good as it was when i put it in

AC James
AC James

July 23rd, 2005, 12:52 pm #8

So you ask what is special about Mobil 1? Not much other than a massive advertising blitz. Get the facts on synthetic oils. They are made in a lab not pumped from the ground thefore do not contain any impurities that exist in conv oil. That is just the start. Syn oil have been around since WW II. Check out Amsoil , Red Line , Royal Purple , or NEO web sites

AC James
AC James

July 23rd, 2005, 1:02 pm #9

Glad to see a positive note on syn oil. The trend has been and will be to move more cars and trucks to a synthetic fill from the factory. Gm has a oil life system on most of their vehicles, which alerts the owner to the need for a oil change instead of a mileage/time type change interval. I have read these systems will and can go 10,000 miles before the light comes on. By using synthetic oil you can go the distance and not worry about engine problems.

Bruce
Bruce

April 2nd, 2006, 4:26 am #10

Your right Mobile 1 is good oil, but Amsoil is far better.