You Do An Old Goth Proud

You Do An Old Goth Proud

March 25th, 2004, 2:30 pm #1

Just passing through for the first time in ages, but it's truly grand to see that this place is still flourishing. Maybe one of these months I'll actually find enough spare time to get around to loading CD or D2 onto my new system and see if I can remember how to play either of these.

Occhidiangela
Occhidiangela

March 25th, 2004, 5:02 pm #2

Nice to see ya.

March 26th, 2004, 1:36 am #3

Just passing through for the first time in ages, but it's truly grand to see that this place is still flourishing. Maybe one of these months I'll actually find enough spare time to get around to loading CD or D2 onto my new system and see if I can remember how to play either of these.
Okay, so there really is text in here. But seriously, Post Maple Pecan Crunch is so good. It is definitely one of the best cereals I ever had.

Charis
Charis

March 27th, 2004, 2:39 am #4

Hi!!

And don't forget what's crunchy and goes well with ketchup!

Charis

Occhi
Occhi

March 29th, 2004, 3:02 pm #5

How is your hand? Wasn't it operated on a while back?

March 31st, 2004, 6:10 am #6

Thanks for asking! Actually no - it got feeling *far* worse than it had any right to, and my lack of moderation in D2 was the biggest contributer by far. It's the second time I've had to take a several month near moratorium from gaming to let the recover.

They're doing significantly better, at least until I jammed a finger playing basketball a few weeks ago and had to get a ring cut off to get it off my swollen finger (doh!)  Of course, if I continue to play 4-5 hrs a day on Civ after 9ish hours at the keyboard at work, I'm asking for trouble :P  Sadly, a micromanaging epic like 39 just finished is the worst form of punishment for it at present.

Charis

March 31st, 2004, 10:52 am #7

the eye strain you must be getting with the amount of time on the comp. I know my eyes went from better than 20/20 to wearing reading glasses of 150 power (and climbing) within a few years I started to work with computers.

I now have some hand/finger exercise gadgets on the computer desk and use them to relaxe the tightening muscles. I have also noticed I am putting more frequently used hotkeys on the right mouse button - My index finger is getting stronger

Good Luck!

KoP

April 1st, 2004, 4:09 am #8

I got Lasik about 2 mo's ago and went from 20/200 or 20/300 to 20/20 in both   I love it. At least for these last few years before I start to need reading glasses anyway. I've been a computer screen junkie for over 25 yrs now and have never (fortunately) had any problem with eye strain.

(Waves hi to KoP!)
Charis

April 1st, 2004, 2:26 pm #9

There is a (small but clear) bright side to needing them - those distant objects are one heck of a lot easier to see now. Is it a bird or a plane? Is it an osprey or an eagle? Now I know !

The annoying (fuzzy and up-close-and-personal) downside is that sometimes I have to ask the kids to read labels and phone books to me if I have, once again, misplaced the damn reading glasses.

Drasca
Drasca

April 1st, 2004, 3:40 pm #10

Hail Gilmere!

Excellent to see you are still around. I lurk here and still occasionally post here as well.

*salute!*

-Drasca