Wrong...but funny...

Wrong...but funny...

Lissa
Lissa

November 18th, 2003, 3:54 pm #1

Occhi
Occhi

November 18th, 2003, 5:03 pm #2

Love it now. That is a classic. My kids love it too.

Having eaten, in my far distant past, dog, I see no reason not to eat cat, if properly seasoned and prepared.

Why eat fried Catfish when you can have fried cat? Well, catfish is less likely to be chewey, for starters . . .

Ashock
Ashock

November 18th, 2003, 5:07 pm #3

Not really that wrong. It's pretty accurate actually. There's been plenty of occasions of this happening in chinese restaurants. Besides, the chinese eat practically anything themselves.

-A

Lissa
Lissa

November 18th, 2003, 5:17 pm #4

Love it now. That is a classic. My kids love it too.

Having eaten, in my far distant past, dog, I see no reason not to eat cat, if properly seasoned and prepared.

Why eat fried Catfish when you can have fried cat? Well, catfish is less likely to be chewey, for starters . . .
My father had cat. He said that it was rather spicey (as in hot) tasting without any seasonings, I'll just take his word on it...

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

November 18th, 2003, 5:20 pm #5

Seems a tad racist, since the song makes the assumption that all Chinese resturants serve cat instead of beef, pork or chicken.

Occhi
Occhi

November 18th, 2003, 5:48 pm #6

Noted.

Or did you get all liberal and PC on us overnight?

November 18th, 2003, 11:00 pm #7

Not really that wrong. It's pretty accurate actually. There's been plenty of occasions of this happening in chinese restaurants. Besides, the chinese eat practically anything themselves.

-A
> Not really that wrong. It's pretty accurate actually. There's been plenty of occasions of this happening in chinese restaurants.

Depends on how far you go back. Ever notice a lot of Chinese restaurants changed to sweet and sour pork instead of the good old sweet and sour ribs. The Chinese market drove sparerib price up way pass what it cost to by solid pork meat. Spareribs use to be a throw away item by packing houses. I can see that the odd Chinese restaurants serve cats, dogs, snakes and what have you to their Chinese clientel on request, but it doesn't make sense to serve it to the general public.
Minimum wage = $8.00
Pork = 1.30/lb
Cat = 1-2 lb of real meat

Cats are not cheap these days.

Funny flash movie

What you don't know can be good for you. Cats and dogs are supposed to be very nutritious. Hehe

KoP

November 18th, 2003, 11:04 pm #8

Noted.

... at the local Mexican hole in the wall. It's actually pretty impress how large a choice of different meats there are, considering it's all beef and pork. (Though they do also offer chicken and fish, they are boring boring being a single option.) Four different kinds of beef, asada (which I got before I had to curtail red meats), tongue, "head" (not sure), and one other that I'm having a memory block about.

-- CH

Lissa
Lissa

November 18th, 2003, 11:14 pm #9

...as that is what Menudo is made from.

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

November 19th, 2003, 1:21 am #10

Noted.

What, I can't label something as racist when others think it's just funny and non-offensive? What is the world coming to, hmmm?