Well, I'll be damned!

Well, I'll be damned!

June 18th, 2003, 3:32 pm #1

It's been years since I poked my head in here and whoa nelly! Looky what I find. In no particular order...Nystul, Pete, Quark, LemmingofGlory, Lissa, Roland, Zed, Drasca, HowGozit, McFrugal, Griselda and others! All blasts from the past and still hanging out together Even ol' Charis made an appearance on the board in late May.

Good to see everyone still around. I actually plopped my Diablo CD in last night but it wouldn't connect to battle.net. Weird. D2, War3 and SC all work fine. Maybe I messed something up with a wireless network I installed at home...dunno.

Anyways, it's completely cool to stumble back here and find a historical archive of old variants, including my original BNM rules, all preserved nicely. I also got a smile out of finding the interview I did with Bolty over at the lurker lounge.

Since Diablo I've continued playing games, but lately even that has slowed down. Counter-Strike held my attention for a couple years post-diablo and SC, D2 and now War3 to a lesser extent (although I do play War3 a few times a week in private games with a RL friend).

Sadly, I had a hard drive crash over a year ago and lost all the past Asylum web pages and my D1 Woody(BNM) character. I thought I had it backed up but if it is, I haven't found it. I did manage to find a backup copy of the stories I wrote, so it's not a totall loss.

Anyways, if y'all still play D1 or even D2, I'd be up for a game or three.

Hope all has been well with you and yours.

-The One True Sir Woodrow Grabowski

June 18th, 2003, 5:31 pm #2

Occhi
Occhi

June 18th, 2003, 6:07 pm #3

It's been years since I poked my head in here and whoa nelly! Looky what I find. In no particular order...Nystul, Pete, Quark, LemmingofGlory, Lissa, Roland, Zed, Drasca, HowGozit, McFrugal, Griselda and others! All blasts from the past and still hanging out together Even ol' Charis made an appearance on the board in late May.

Good to see everyone still around. I actually plopped my Diablo CD in last night but it wouldn't connect to battle.net. Weird. D2, War3 and SC all work fine. Maybe I messed something up with a wireless network I installed at home...dunno.

Anyways, it's completely cool to stumble back here and find a historical archive of old variants, including my original BNM rules, all preserved nicely. I also got a smile out of finding the interview I did with Bolty over at the lurker lounge.

Since Diablo I've continued playing games, but lately even that has slowed down. Counter-Strike held my attention for a couple years post-diablo and SC, D2 and now War3 to a lesser extent (although I do play War3 a few times a week in private games with a RL friend).

Sadly, I had a hard drive crash over a year ago and lost all the past Asylum web pages and my D1 Woody(BNM) character. I thought I had it backed up but if it is, I haven't found it. I did manage to find a backup copy of the stories I wrote, so it's not a totall loss.

"There is but one Woody, and KoP is his prophet."

Latecomer to D1, relative to you, but nice to see the Master of the Asylum is still among the quick, in Diablo terms.

Vek
Vek

June 18th, 2003, 7:56 pm #4

Wow. I almost don't believe my eyes. Woody returns.

--Vek

Caos2
Caos2

June 18th, 2003, 10:37 pm #5

nt

June 18th, 2003, 11:55 pm #6

What's he up to now, the Third or the Fourth Coming? :p

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

June 19th, 2003, 12:49 am #7

Hop on the DSF. It's where everyone plays D2 around here, although you can occasionally find a Diablo game. Instructions should still be posted somewhere on the first couple pages of this forum ("Open Invitation to RB"), but if you need help, just ask.

Having said that, welcome back! It's great to see an old familiar face. Too bad about the HD crash, but that seems to be an event in almost every Diablo player's life. So, are you back "for good"? Or at least "for awhile"? Here's hoping so!

If I ever get the chance (i.e. I'm not playing some other game, or doing some game-related work), I'd love a coop game of Diablo. Don't know what characters I have, though, so I could always start fresh.

Take care, Woody, and hope to see a LOT more of ya! :D

Quark
Quark

June 19th, 2003, 1:40 am #8

"Hop on the DSF. It's where everyone plays D2 around here."

Thus I curse Seven Lances (and Foxbat and Mephista for getting me hooked on it). I don't know the last time I've played standard D2 or LoD.

Anyway, nice to see an old one return, especially Woody Almost makes me want to start another BNM, but that'd require me reinstalling Diablo ...

Griselda
Griselda

June 19th, 2003, 6:00 am #9

It's good to see you around again.

-Griselda

PS- Lemming, does this mean you need to update the history?

June 19th, 2003, 6:27 am #10

...old Diablo players never die, their hard drive just crashes away.