Vices!

Vices!

June 18th, 2002, 2:31 pm #1

I am stuck at the moment baby sitting the phone.

So lets talk about vices, since the QoTD mentions them.

I have been known to drink once in a blue moon. Last night the moon was not blue, but, the Sapphire Gin sure was. After going out and singing to the moon last night (See earlier post) my wife woke up from the ruckus and joined me. Now I don't know what the hell happened last night, but, the bottle of gin is now gone, my boxers are still hanging off of the garden gate, and, there is clothing strewn about the yard. Wife is still in bed, opening her eyes causes her to break into tears. ("The light.... It's so painful! It BURNS!")

I have a cream soda addiction. Hello. My name is Doc, and I am addicted to cream soda. I can't stop drinking the stuff. I dunno if this is bad enough to be considered a vice, but, eh, who cares.

I have a few of the typical Southern Vices. I used to smoke, I gamble a good bit when I have the chance, and, I have been known to use profanity. One of my claims to fame is knowing how to swear well enough to make a whore blush with shame.

Other vices. I still sneak a drink of cold leftover gravy out of the fridge. Doctor said he was going to draw and quarter me if I did not lower my cholesterol. I still eat to much fried foods, fried chicken and fried catfish being the main offenders. Fried gator is pretty damn tasty as well.

So... What is your vices, or, do you have the guts to lay them out in the open?

Hammerskjold
Hammerskjold

June 18th, 2002, 2:48 pm #2

A somewhat weird trait\vice I have. As for spilling my guts, I'd rather not do that again. Last time I did that, my friend's bathroom sink needed a good scrub down.

McFrugal
McFrugal

June 18th, 2002, 3:54 pm #3

I have been known to drink once in a blue moon. Last night the moon was not blue, but, the Sapphire Gin sure was. After going out and singing to the moon last night (See earlier post) my wife woke up from the ruckus and joined me. Now I don't know what the hell happened last night, but, the bottle of gin is now gone, my boxers are still hanging off of the garden gate, and, there is clothing strewn about the yard. Wife is still in bed, opening her eyes causes her to break into tears. ("The light.... It's so painful! It BURNS!")

I have a cream soda addiction. Hello. My name is Doc, and I am addicted to cream soda. I can't stop drinking the stuff. I dunno if this is bad enough to be considered a vice, but, eh, who cares.

I have a few of the typical Southern Vices. I used to smoke, I gamble a good bit when I have the chance, and, I have been known to use profanity. One of my claims to fame is knowing how to swear well enough to make a whore blush with shame.

Other vices. I still sneak a drink of cold leftover gravy out of the fridge. Doctor said he was going to draw and quarter me if I did not lower my cholesterol. I still eat to much fried foods, fried chicken and fried catfish being the main offenders. Fried gator is pretty damn tasty as well.

Let's see... I don't drink, and couldn't even if I wanted to, don't smoke, never gamble with real money (of course)... I guess the only vice I have is cursing a bit on occasion. Unless you count eating strange sandwiches such as peanut butter and banana, triple fried egg chili and chutney (hmm, haven't had one in a while), and double layer sandwiches of peanut-butter/jelly and turkey/mayonnaise. That is, a turkey sandwich with peanut butter on top of it, and another slice of bread placed on top with jelly on the bottom of it, so in essense it's two different sandwiches with 3 slices instead of 4. Hmm, hard to explain it in a way that leaves no confusion, but I think that should be good enough. Anyway, that kind of double layer sandwich is actually pretty good, even if you do get accused of being pregnant when you eat it in front of someone else.

McFrugal

June 18th, 2002, 4:24 pm #4

Peanut butter and bermuda onion. Yummy!

Zed
Zed

June 18th, 2002, 4:41 pm #5

Let's see... I don't drink, and couldn't even if I wanted to, don't smoke, never gamble with real money (of course)... I guess the only vice I have is cursing a bit on occasion. Unless you count eating strange sandwiches such as peanut butter and banana, triple fried egg chili and chutney (hmm, haven't had one in a while), and double layer sandwiches of peanut-butter/jelly and turkey/mayonnaise. That is, a turkey sandwich with peanut butter on top of it, and another slice of bread placed on top with jelly on the bottom of it, so in essense it's two different sandwiches with 3 slices instead of 4. Hmm, hard to explain it in a way that leaves no confusion, but I think that should be good enough. Anyway, that kind of double layer sandwich is actually pretty good, even if you do get accused of being pregnant when you eat it in front of someone else.

McFrugal
...just about anything.

I've had and enjoyed peanut butter sandwiches with:
- honey
- jam
- banana (I can't see how anyone can not have tried this)
- apple
- onion, as Doc mentioned
- dill pickle
- mayonnaise
- cheese (usually cheddar, melted)
- not a sandwich, but peanut butter in a celery stalk
- not to mention deserts...
- etc.

Oftentimes I can use peanut butter in place of mayonnaise/butter in a sandwich and have it taste good, especially if it's a toasted sandwich and I'm not overgenerous on the peanut butter.

For all of that, I don't actually eat much peanut butter anymore, since I don't eat lunch at home anymore.

DeeBye
DeeBye

June 18th, 2002, 7:45 pm #6

... that ate peanut butter and onions together

Glad to see I'm not a total freak. One of my favourite dipping sauces for meat (roast pork and chicken mostly - usually on a skewer) is a peanut butter and onion mixture. Warm some milk (or cream) in a low-temp saucepan, add a few tablespoons of peanut butter and diced onions, and top off with your choice of spicy sauce (like tabasco or chili pepper paste). The combination is amazing!

I also enjoy dunking rippled BBQ potato chips in peanut butter, but that's another story

-DeeBye

June 18th, 2002, 7:58 pm #7

I add it to my famous "French Kiss the Devil" 6 alarm chili.

Something about smooth creamy peanut butter adds so much texture to the chili... The bad part is, the peanut oil actually makes the 12 different peppers I add to the mix hotter.

Something really good, but, only if you are one mean brave hombre is to try a peanut butter stuffed habenaro. You take a few habbies, disect them, deseed them, and in a small bowl mix 1 tbs plain yogurt with 4 tbs peanut butter and a small bit of cilantro and mint. Add a pinch of adobo or some salt. Stuff those naughty peppers with the mixture. Chill in the fridge for a while, and, eat and feel DA HEAT.

Please I am not responsible for any damages done to your poor pansy taste buds. Eat at your own risk. I am also not responsible for your flaming hind end, or, any other sorts of damage done to any of your anatomy.

June 18th, 2002, 8:01 pm #8

I am totally addicted to hot spicy peppers.

I eat pickled habenaros or almost any other sort of pickled pepper I can get my hands on, I love em fresh, dried, or in my cooking. I eat em up like some folks eat pickles. I even drink the pickled pepper juice. I can't seem to get enough of the deadly little buggers.

June 18th, 2002, 8:26 pm #9

...just about anything.

I've had and enjoyed peanut butter sandwiches with:
- honey
- jam
- banana (I can't see how anyone can not have tried this)
- apple
- onion, as Doc mentioned
- dill pickle
- mayonnaise
- cheese (usually cheddar, melted)
- not a sandwich, but peanut butter in a celery stalk
- not to mention deserts...
- etc.

Oftentimes I can use peanut butter in place of mayonnaise/butter in a sandwich and have it taste good, especially if it's a toasted sandwich and I'm not overgenerous on the peanut butter.

For all of that, I don't actually eat much peanut butter anymore, since I don't eat lunch at home anymore.
My kids freak out when I eat a PB and Dill Pickle sandwich.

Or put peanut butter and bacon on an english muffin in the morning.

Aaaah, the staff of life . . . the Peanut.

Let us all thank GW Carver for his ingenuity.

moment of slience for GW Carver

Drasca
Drasca

June 18th, 2002, 10:34 pm #10

Give me more! This all sounds good...

*note: hasn't experimented with food as much as he'd like...

Gimme! grin

I think I'll try these out. Not all at once... I promise... crosses fingers behind his back

-Drasca