team "ember"

team "ember"

October 9th, 2001, 2:38 am #1

Thinking of a new team idea, the 8 nood sorceress.....
The objective: See how far a team of 8 well trained sorceresses with nothing but their choice of underused skills and their cracked sash

Any suggestions to make the team cooler are welcome.

Note:The team will be hc of course as implied by the name.

October 9th, 2001, 4:33 am #2

It's an item that gives you an extra FOUR spaces for potions! That's not nude!

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

October 9th, 2001, 4:48 am #3

The objective: See how far a team of 8 well trained sorceresses with nothing but their choice of underused skills and their cracked sash

Ok the team will be:
3 sorceresses using firebolt icebolt and frostnova
1 necromancer using teeth and weaken
2 assassins using fireblast and shock web,blade sentinel and psychic hammer both can max an aura of their choice
2 druids using molten boulder and poison creeper,twister and poison creeper can use prerequisites until get main skills.

Aim is to full clear.

Items allowed: eh.... nothing

Mercenaries aren't allowed, if a member gets one he must venture alone until the he gets rid of the mercenary (will happen fast in an eight player game)

Note: the team is hardcore

October 9th, 2001, 4:56 am #4

small change: assasinns can't max an aura of their choice
What was I thinking......

Only one druid uses poison vine the other will use?

October 9th, 2001, 6:36 am #5

Removed the molten boulder druid and combined the frost nova and icebolt wizard.

Added: Holy bolt,holy fire paladin.
Magic arrow, exploding arrow amazon (uses a cracked shortbow)

Problem with druid: booooring early game until gains twister.... ideas to make him fun? maybe ravens.....

Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon

October 9th, 2001, 3:20 pm #6

small change: assasinns can't max an aura of their choice
What was I thinking......

Only one druid uses poison vine the other will use?
"Only one druid uses poison vine the other will use?"

Solar creeper, of course!

I mean, does anyone use that skill?

Hawkmoon

October 9th, 2001, 4:28 pm #7

If they survive to lvl 30.

Occhi, Corporal of the Legion
First Squad
Pygmy's Pike Platoon

October 9th, 2001, 8:19 pm #8

Sounds like it could be fun, so long as everyone keeps in mind that this sort of team crosses well beyond the realm of Variancy, leaps neatly over Deviancy, and nearly overshoots Aberrancy, landing inches away from the great abyssal pit of Impossibility.

My first question: Could you please repost the entire team composition to date into one post? Would make it a lot easier to read.

My second question: Why does this HAVE to be in hardcore? HC can be harsh on those who don't have optimal connections, it would be a shame to see the team broken up by shoddy Realms conditions. I realize that this is modeled after Ember, but Ember possessed some important advantages over this team:
<ol>
[*]No lag. What Sirian saw on the screen was what was actually happening, and his lag-free single player experience allowed him greater leeway for tactical finesse.
[*]No scaled monster HP. With the sorts of skills that you seem to be going for, monster regeneration will be a very important issue, and having X times the players means X times the hit points equals X times the regeneration rate. Hoard your rancid gas potions is all I have to say.
[/list]
So, having said that, my suggestion would be, if you got a team like this off the ground, to hold this in softcore, playing it like it was hardcore under the honor system. The team should be able to decide which deaths were tactical errors and which were due to a fickle and merciless Battle.net, rather than have said fickle and merciless Battle.net decide for you. Plus, that way members can play this using brand new accounts rather than having to tally up a Slayer in a new one or make room in an old one in order to play.

-CC

October 9th, 2001, 8:58 pm #9

Team members:
Paladin: Holy fire, Holy bolt
sorceress:icebolt,frost nova,warmth,cold mastery
sorceress:firebolt,warmth,fire mastery
necromancer:Teeth,weaken,poison explosion
Assassin:Psychic hammer,blade sentinel
Assassin:Fire blast, shock web
Druid:twister, poison creeper, ravens
Amazon:Magic arrow, exploding arrow, inner sight

The team isn't allowed to use any item including charms.

No mercenaries.

Try to full clear, may park unkillable creatures (won't happen much because of the poison dmg).

Aim to beat the game in nm.

The team will decide what mode to play at (voting).

Normal softcore realms
honor system softcore realms
hc on open battlenet

Ideas are welcome to improve the team.....

October 9th, 2001, 9:03 pm #10

Sounds like it could be fun, so long as everyone keeps in mind that this sort of team crosses well beyond the realm of Variancy, leaps neatly over Deviancy, and nearly overshoots Aberrancy, landing inches away from the great abyssal pit of Impossibility.

My first question: Could you please repost the entire team composition to date into one post? Would make it a lot easier to read.

My second question: Why does this HAVE to be in hardcore? HC can be harsh on those who don't have optimal connections, it would be a shame to see the team broken up by shoddy Realms conditions. I realize that this is modeled after Ember, but Ember possessed some important advantages over this team:
<ol>
[*]No lag. What Sirian saw on the screen was what was actually happening, and his lag-free single player experience allowed him greater leeway for tactical finesse.
[*]No scaled monster HP. With the sorts of skills that you seem to be going for, monster regeneration will be a very important issue, and having X times the players means X times the hit points equals X times the regeneration rate. Hoard your rancid gas potions is all I have to say.
[/list]
So, having said that, my suggestion would be, if you got a team like this off the ground, to hold this in softcore, playing it like it was hardcore under the honor system. The team should be able to decide which deaths were tactical errors and which were due to a fickle and merciless Battle.net, rather than have said fickle and merciless Battle.net decide for you. Plus, that way members can play this using brand new accounts rather than having to tally up a Slayer in a new one or make room in an old one in order to play.

-CC
Is the use of anti Lag tactics.

Use of lots of cold spells is a key to slowing the monsters down. Using SF to initially whittle away monster HP, or grind the regen down, seems to me a viable use of an slvl 6 skill within this structure.

Or, folks on the team can keep on dying until they realize where their approach has weakpoints, such as what I found with sorcies in my early D II days: if you are in desynch, targeting monsters is basically a load of BS. I thus rejected the sorceress class entirely in D II, as I did not find playing my shoot and move style to be compatible with the realities of bnet connections.

+Life charms, etc, become critical to success, when one is naked . . .