Now that the rather large fire is relatively close

Now that the rather large fire is relatively close

Ashock
Ashock

October 27th, 2003, 10:57 pm #1

I need some advice.

What is (are) the most important items that I need to take with me in case evacuation:

1) Clothes

2) Important miscellaneous papers

3) Photos

4) Software

5) Hardware

6) Water and food

7) DVDs

8) My car or the wife's (she is on a business trip, so it's my call) The cars are appr. of similar value.

9) Deodorant nad other similar niceties

10) Kids

Thx for playing.

-A

CB-13
CB-13

October 28th, 2003, 1:20 am #2

how abought (11) All of the above!

Good Luck.

Ashock
Ashock

October 28th, 2003, 1:41 am #3

No room and no desire to spend so much time packing. However, I have decided that I should probably take 10) or my wife will be mad.

-A

Xi
Xi

October 28th, 2003, 11:16 am #4

I need some advice.

What is (are) the most important items that I need to take with me in case evacuation:

1) Clothes

3) Photos

4) Software

5) Hardware

6) Water and food

7) DVDs

8) My car or the wife's (she is on a business trip, so it's my call) The cars are appr. of similar value.

10) Kids

Thx for playing.

-A
1) Clothes- optional (especially since in So Cal the weather never necesitates the need for clothing to maintain proper body temperature =P)

2) Important miscellaneous papers- definitely (money and toilet paper are in this category, right?)

3) Photos- unless someone you know has copies of these, they are priceless and irreplaceable

4) Software- optional (if you can't buy replacements, then you can surely pirate them =P)

5) Hardware- just your HD will do if you are short on space (everything else is insured, right?)

6) Water and food- some food, definitely water

7) DVDs- are you kidding? Don't tell me Starship Troopers means that much to you!

8) My car or the wife's (she is on a business trip, so it's my call) The cars are appr. of similar value.- you'd best go with her car unless she just wants a new one.

9) Deodorant nad other similar niceties- you stink no matter what you do so skip that sh--; okay maybe a toothbrush for your kids...

10) Kids- optional; you can make more (if you do bring them, then you better make sure you bring their favorite toy or something to keep them busy)

Add to your list your phone book or something with all your contacts on them. (Pete is not your secretary and cannot keep supplying you with my infos =P)

Seriously though, 2, 3, 5 and 10 are the most important items on your list. Think of something your wife will miss sorely (favorite heirloom, jewelry etc) if she lost it and bring those too. No one really cares what you will miss, so I won't mention those. I wish you the best.

Xi

Ashock
Ashock

October 28th, 2003, 4:36 pm #5

Yah, I really wanted Pete for a secretery, but I can't afford him. He's way too expensive with his education and all. Besides, how would it look if the secretery would have more education than the boss?

Gonna contact you as soon as the fire thingie is over with.

-A

October 28th, 2003, 11:22 pm #6

Hi,

He's way too expensive

Actually, I'm pretty cheap now, what with being retired and all

Besides, how would it look if the secretery would have more education than the boss?

Hmmm, don't know where you've been working, but in my experience, that's indeed usually been the case. Most bosses couldn't run a hot dog stand if it weren't for their secretaries.

--Pete

Ashock
Ashock

October 29th, 2003, 2:23 am #7

Neither the bosses or the secretaries are rocket scientists

-A

Ozymandous
Ozymandous

October 29th, 2003, 2:55 am #8

Hi,

He's way too expensive

Besides, how would it look if the secretery would have more education than the boss?

Hmmm, don't know where you've been working, but in my experience, that's indeed usually been the case. Most bosses couldn't run a hot dog stand if it weren't for their secretaries.

--Pete
Remember where you said people were stupid, well this link is for you (it's not what you're thinking probably):

http://www.unbehagen.com/wifism/

Good thing the site is (I think) joking, otherwise that's pretty scary...

Shadow
Shadow

October 29th, 2003, 4:09 am #9

Hi,

He's way too expensive

--Pete
Most bosses couldn't run a hot dog stand if it weren't for their secretaries.

The only secretaries I see on a regular basis are school secretaries. And they indeed run the school. The principal is only the front man/woman.

Van
Van

October 29th, 2003, 2:33 pm #10

I need some advice.

1) Clothes

3) Photos

4) Software

5) Hardware

6) Water and food

7) DVDs

10) Kids

Thx for playing.

-A
10) Kids

I thought the standard practice was to open the barn door, stampede them out and then close the door behind them.