deleted

deleted

December 17th, 2002, 2:09 pm #1

I should not have posted this.
Last edited by smegged on December 18th, 2002, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Occhi
Occhi

December 17th, 2002, 3:08 pm #2

OK, so anger management is not your forte.

So you are in a job that will not be your life's work.

About the smoking: at your age, where I worked, everyone smoked. As an athlete, soccer at the time, it was not on my agenda. Somehow, we managed not to kill each other over it. I am sure you can do the same.

About the pregnant lady working. Yep, you shoulder the burden, and so do others in these modern times. Write a thank you note to the founders of Women's Lib. On the flip side, my second cousin's wife, while 8 months pregnant, won her local tennis tournament. No, she never smoked.

Get off your high horse in re the customers. If you don't own the store, then the pricing policies and your owner/boss are who they are wary about. How about, as my boss in high school told me, you drop your pretensions and look at each person as a potential friend. Seriously, if you approach each customer as though they are a potential friend, you would be surprised how easy dealing with customers is. And what is more, you may find some one who would want to hire you for a job that does not involve swimming pools, and does not involve living in a smoke house. Poor people dont shop in swimming pool stores, now do they? Maybe there is a potential future boss, or mentor, in the customer base.

In other words, when life deals you lemons, try to add sugar and make lemonade.

LemmingofGlory
LemmingofGlory

December 17th, 2002, 5:52 pm #3

I despise the utter selfish capitalism that drives every move I make. What morality I have feels hollow and weak.

You provide a service and get paid for it. How is that immoral? It's trade. Would you rather be panhandling, or stealing?

Or are you "immoral" because you're putting on a front? Lighten up! Seriously. If you're a sourpuss, that won't help you deal with customers. It also won't help your outlook on life. Just hum the song at the end of "Life of Brain" if you need a pick-me-up.

And this "selfish" capitalism thing. In any society there will be some sort of exchange, and anything is selfish if looked at from a certain angle. Remember the sage question, "Is there such a thing as an unselfish act?" Well, who cares! Selfish-ism can't apply to everything, and if you try applying it willy-nilly you'll just frustrate yourself.

Maybe you hate your job. Maybe your hated of something else is coming out at your job. But don't hate yourself because of it. Just do the best job you can AND...

/7 Always look on the bright side of life!
[whistle]
Always look on the bright side of life!
[whistle]
/7...

[o: LEMMING :o]

LemmingofGlory
LemmingofGlory

December 17th, 2002, 6:04 pm #4

I'm tired of seeing middle aged people trapped in the rat race, their hopeless eyes watching my every move...

MYOB. Their happiness is not your business, and not everyone is as unhappy as you seem to assume they are.

And what are you, paranoid? You have no idea why they're looking at you. Couldn't they have the same complaint? "That clerk ringing up my items keeps looking at me." (After all, you have to look at them to see them looking at you.) Looking is looking. It's harmless. Quit reading things into it unless you have a reason.

[o: LEMMING :o]

December 17th, 2002, 8:09 pm #5

For those of you who do not read the Lounge much these days, we have yet another offering of bad poetry from that drunken rogue back in Tristram. It seems that she is haunting her old corner bar, now that she is a venerable Matriarch, albeit one much scarred and abused. Yep, Occhidiangela, the Rogue Assassin, and her trusty rogue sidekick Aliza had to check into a battered Rogue's shelter for a while there, as The Hell Ancients pretty much kicked their shapely little leather clad arses on the first five or six goes. Things were looking grim until DeeBye dropped by to make it a fair fight: (Me 65, DeeBye 76 Zon of some sort my Shadow Master, My Merc, Dee, His Merc, His Valk.) It soon turned an actually fair fight, 3 v 3, with Me, my shadow, and DeeBye.

Silver lining: I did discover that Mind Blast does in fact hold ancients still (that pesky throwing Aura/HS enchanted *&%$!!#^* was the last to go) which I had not realized previously. With three of them at once, mind blasting one was a sure way to a ==> Red Screen.

She has a Master shadow,
That goes in and out with her,
But what's the use of Shades?
'Tis more than drunk rogues can infer!

For more bad poetry, see:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forum/Lounge/5176.html

Note to Gris: Why are my attempts at giving text titles to links not accepting a "|title" when I delete "http://" and put it all into in "<" ">" thingies? What html process am I goofing up? I was trying to make the link read "Usual Amateur Tripe" and it would not quite work out the way it used to.
Last edited by ilbrutto on December 17th, 2002, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyrene
Cyrene

December 18th, 2002, 6:13 am #6

there are lots of things that I should not have done.

best wishes, though.

and, if I ever want to buy a hole in the ground, i know who to call 8-).

--cy

Caos2
Caos2

December 18th, 2002, 9:10 am #7

Altough I haven't read yoru post I don't believe anything we do should be erased or forgotten because it was a part of you speaking there. You should calm down and read again and see if anything you wrote is true or not.

c2

December 18th, 2002, 11:39 am #8

I don't think that I should have posted the original message. It came across very strongly, and my poor english skills meant that it did not clearly say what I meant it to say. I thank everybody for their responses, but I don't wish for anyone else to be subjected to the negativity I wrote.

December 18th, 2002, 11:41 am #9

there are lots of things that I should not have done.

best wishes, though.

and, if I ever want to buy a hole in the ground, i know who to call 8-).

--cy
It's not that I shouldn't have written it, it's that I shouldn't have written it on a public forum. I hope you understand

Sirian
Sirian

December 18th, 2002, 11:53 am #10

I don't think that I should have posted the original message. It came across very strongly, and my poor english skills meant that it did not clearly say what I meant it to say. I thank everybody for their responses, but I don't wish for anyone else to be subjected to the negativity I wrote.
That was a fairly sour post. On the other hand, you warned us up front that you were ranting/venting, so I don't see a problem. Those not wanting to deal with it did not have to choose to read through it.

I understand feeling trapped in an empty place. My question is, have you found an alternative? If you don't have something better (or at least that might be better) to move on to, then it won't help to undo what you have now. Bad as it may seem, things COULD get worse, and you don't want that.

Far as I know, though, you have options, freedom (within some limits) to make choices. You're too young to resign yourself to a life path you find miserable.

Lemming may have a point, you may be taking it all too seriously (or, perhaps, too self-importantly, reading into things others are doing and concluding they are doing them because of you, when they may not be). If you were fifteen, I'd dismiss it as the heavy sighing typical of that age period, but you're a bit older than that. I don't have any answers for you that you haven't already heard from me before, so I decided not to reply, at first. Now I don't know what to make of your second choice here. I hope you get it sorted out.

- Sirian