Any Organised Fun Tonight?

Any Organised Fun Tonight?

Cyrene
Cyrene

August 5th, 2002, 5:32 pm #1

'Tis Monday again.

Is there any interest in some planned gaming in NWN tonight?

--Cyrene

WarLocke
WarLocke

August 5th, 2002, 7:35 pm #2

I have yet to patch to 1.22, since I'm waiting for the non-Beta version to be released. I guess I could, but I'm hesitant to do so.

Hijack: I found this interesting file on NWVault. It supposedly cleans out old Local Vault characters into a backup directory. Might be useful...

- WL

Griselda
Griselda

August 5th, 2002, 9:09 pm #3

'Tis Monday again.

--Cyrene
I'll be on at 7 b.net, though I don't know if I will have a chance to look over modules and such to suggest a game before then. Any ideas?

-Griselda

August 5th, 2002, 10:23 pm #4

'Tis Monday again.

--Cyrene
I'm game. Any chance of continuing the HCR game from last week? Don't remember who was there, though.

August 5th, 2002, 11:19 pm #5

'Tis Monday again.

--Cyrene
... chaotic goodness?!  :P

I'm up for it!  I'll try to look up a good mod. The quality has, imho, been slowly improving, although when you hit a bad one there's almost no limit to its own cluelessness.

(Peeks away a minute...

The Green Knight looks decent, for 4-6ppl of clvl 5-8
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/da ... 9832.shtml

I've played "The Horde - Orcs" solo and liked that, enough to want to replay it with 4 ppl and make better use of the team tactical opportunities.

That's enough thoughts for now...

See ya on gris.net
Charis

Charis
Charis

August 6th, 2002, 3:29 pm #6

We ended up playing "The Green Knight" on c.net, a decent mod for ~4 players of clvl 5-8.

The crew consisted of Dirk (my Fighter/Mage (7)), Cy's HolyJoe (8?), Gris with a young tough sounding female killer, Quark with a rogue or ranger who liked to scout and shoot a bow, and Lissa's Cyris (mage?) (It's a mixed bag not being able to see classes or lvls)

The module went pretty well, no glaring problems, but no major "wow!" moments either. There seemed to be an attempt at altering the world based on one of our decisions. That could have been pretty cool, except as implemented it left us kind of confused, rather than "oh my, this is what our decision led to?!" In theory, that kind of "what I do matters" motif should be nice. But coding it may be difficult.

Mid game I was thinking the exp was just horrible, but it was designed to be given for final quest completion, not for the monsters (which were plentiful). Overall the reward was about right.

The team got along fairly well, with a very high level of in-role intracharacter banter due to the very different and fairly well developed personae.
I don't normally notice my hp lvl being a concern, but... when you have a sorc doing melee, owowowow, the puny hp are quite problematic! To make that worse, AC is a real problem - hvy armor would mean spell failure, and light armor and no dex means he can be hit with extreme ease. I'm looking forward to him getting older and getting some appropriate buff spells.

Charis

Lissa
Lissa

August 6th, 2002, 7:05 pm #7

Guess you didn't notice my effervicence...

Charis
Charis

August 6th, 2002, 10:05 pm #8

Ya know, I did notice the singing, and (now) remember saying "nice tune!" But I also saw you (?) blasting doors along with me with Ray of Frost. Right? Was that with use magic device ability? I also knew someone around had a 'blade' but had no clue what folks were talking about. :P

I think maybe bowslinger was out in front scouting so much that I would see the dual wielder and think it was him.

Charis

Lissa
Lissa

August 6th, 2002, 10:15 pm #9

They can train in fighting, arcane, and thievery in the prelude (if they could turn, they could train in divine too... ). The ray of frost was the item you get from doing the arcane training...

My basic build for the character is this:

8 Str
18 Dex (will end up at 22 base)
10 Con
14 Int
10 Wis
16 Chr

10 points in Use Magic Device
All remaining skill points between: Lore, Persuade, Perform, Parry, Concentration, and Spellcraft
Feats: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus: Rapier (@9), Improved Critical: Rapier (@12), not sure about the last two, thinking maybe Improved Two Weapon and Dodge or maybe Toughness and Dodge.

Plan to grab the following items from main campaign: Pendant of the Elf +4, Belt of the Performer +4, Lantese Ring +4, and Ring of the Rogue +4 (+8 Dex and +8 Charisma). Will also grab Bracers +4 Dex and Nymph Cloak +4 as well and no armor (Mage Armor, Stoneskin, and Dex).

He'll be nasty and will probably go to reposte mode at high level against attackers.

August 7th, 2002, 1:39 am #10

Ya know, I did notice the singing, and (now) remember saying "nice tune!" But I also saw you (?) blasting doors along with me with Ray of Frost. Right? Was that with use magic device ability? I also knew someone around had a 'blade' but had no clue what folks were talking about. :P

I think maybe bowslinger was out in front scouting so much that I would see the dual wielder and think it was him.

Charis
Blade is a kit in BG2, also a style that Bards follow (since their can be like 50 different types of bards). Basically it means you're a finess fighter who only dabbles in the other arts. The pure focus would end up something like a fencing artist? A joy of swordplay is a must.

Am I right in all this?