Expired Nicotine Gum

Expired Nicotine Gum

June 20th, 2012, 9:48 pm #1

Last night I was at a San Francisco Walgreens store where my wife works as a pharmacist and noticed that they were about to throw away around 100 boxes of nicotine gum with the expiration dates 4/12, 5/12, and 6/12. They were going to throw out these boxes of nicotine gum simply because they had expired and cannot by law sell expired products.

I am sure that this gum is still fine and would be just as effective as non-expired gum.

They normally sell for ~$50 per box.

I do not smoke, but did not want to see these boxes of gum go to waste so I took them all.

I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas or knew where I could donate this expired gum to people who want to quit smoking but cannot afford or have the desire to pay $50 per box. I am NOT trying to sell the gum, but would like to GIVE the gum FOR FREE to a person or group who could benefit from the gum. I would even be willing to pay for the shipping to get this gum to the person(s) who need it.

Does anyone here know anyone or have any suggestions?

June 20th, 2012, 10:02 pm #2

you are exactly right about the gum being just fine for a very long time after the expiration. I myself had a tough time quitting and staying quit with an aide, so I finally quit cold turkey.

What I would do, is put an ad (free) in Craigslist. See what kind of response you get.

Again, you are very kind!

Nurse Tess

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure...but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe

Smokeless since 9/12/2010

June 21st, 2012, 5:25 am #3

Last night I was at a San Francisco Walgreens store where my wife works as a pharmacist and noticed that they were about to throw away around 100 boxes of nicotine gum with the expiration dates 4/12, 5/12, and 6/12. They were going to throw out these boxes of nicotine gum simply because they had expired and cannot by law sell expired products.

I am sure that this gum is still fine and would be just as effective as non-expired gum.

I do not smoke, but did not want to see these boxes of gum go to waste so I took them all.

I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas or knew where I could donate this expired gum to people who want to quit smoking but cannot afford or have the desire to pay $50 per box. I am NOT trying to sell the gum, but would like to GIVE the gum FOR FREE to a person or group who could benefit from the gum. I would even be willing to pay for the shipping to get this gum to the person(s) who need it.

Try calling your local American Cancer Society or the nearest community health department/clinic, and see if they can direct you to a donation program.

March 1st, 2013, 11:29 pm #4

Hi Mike;
If you have any gum you want to get rid of I could sure use it for my wife. I have recently become unemployed do to an acoustic Nerouma, my wife had lung cance and the only thing that keeps her from smoking is the gum. So if you have any to get rid of it would really help.

Thanks,
Chuck

May 13th, 2013, 9:23 pm #5

I chew nicotine gum and use expired gum, I will pay the shipping cost if you will send it to me. Also any more that they are going to throw away. Let me know if you still have it. Thanks

May 24th, 2014, 7:54 pm #6

I will take all you can get and pay a little more than shipping cost. Do you have or can get any more?

July 28th, 2015, 3:30 am #7

I'd give you $15 a box, delivered for all nicorette gum original flavor you could send me. Six months or less out of date. If interested please respond.