What I expected (m/c ment)

What I expected (m/c ment)

May 21st, 2012, 6:39 pm #1

My beta was 646 today. I have had AF like flow since yesterday. Havent had much cramping but did pass some tissue last night. I see the Dr Wed and she may give me cytotec if I don't pass everything naturally. Thankfully I shouldn't have too much to shed beyond a normal period.

Thanks for the support. I really am ok. It is sad but our family is complete. I think we're ready to move on to that vasectomy we never got around to doing!!
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Laura
Laura

May 21st, 2012, 6:47 pm #2

My mc took 2 weeks to pass everything (6.5 weeks worth of tissue, so not much more than you). I had cramping and bleeding like AF for 1 week and then it stopped for a couple of days, but then REALLY started. I bled heavily (with a lot of tissue...a lot more than what I expected) with really painful cramping for two more days (my OB gave me percocet in advance for the cramps, and I took one on both days), then it tapered off and slowly stopped.

Are you sure you are done? I mean, I certainly can understand being done with having 3 at once, but have you thought about maybe a non-hormonal IUD for a while? Just in case you change your mind later; just a thought.

mel
mel

May 21st, 2012, 7:17 pm #3

My beta was 646 today. I have had AF like flow since yesterday. Havent had much cramping but did pass some tissue last night. I see the Dr Wed and she may give me cytotec if I don't pass everything naturally. Thankfully I shouldn't have too much to shed beyond a normal period.

Thanks for the support. I really am ok. It is sad but our family is complete. I think we're ready to move on to that vasectomy we never got around to doing!!
I'm so sorry, Alli, for what you are going through. This is not easy at all. Give yourself time to grieve and be good to yourself.

If your dr does give you cytotec, make sure they do give you painkillers too, because the cramping can be intense. Maybe you won't need it though, if you are passing it on your own.

Again, I'm so sorry. Sending hugs.

MargieD
MargieD

May 21st, 2012, 7:19 pm #4

I have been following your story and I'm sorry to hear it...

My m/c in March was like a regular period but with several days of heavier than normal flow.

Also - my hair started falling out in the last couple of weeks which I didn't expect. I almost believed that the RE made up those numbers to keep up my hopes for another IVF cycle -- until I saw all that hair. My hair stylist reminded me that the same thing happened after DD was born and it was doing it again. Bleh...

My RE monitored me weekly until my beta went down to zero. They didn't rush the drugs. If you feel okay and your beta continues to drop - you might want to wait it out. Up to you, of course...

May 21st, 2012, 7:21 pm #5

Take good care of yourself. A m/c is never easy. ((hugs))

xoxo, Tracy

Alli
Alli

May 21st, 2012, 7:28 pm #6

My mc took 2 weeks to pass everything (6.5 weeks worth of tissue, so not much more than you). I had cramping and bleeding like AF for 1 week and then it stopped for a couple of days, but then REALLY started. I bled heavily (with a lot of tissue...a lot more than what I expected) with really painful cramping for two more days (my OB gave me percocet in advance for the cramps, and I took one on both days), then it tapered off and slowly stopped.

Are you sure you are done? I mean, I certainly can understand being done with having 3 at once, but have you thought about maybe a non-hormonal IUD for a while? Just in case you change your mind later; just a thought.
I hate the way hormonal BC makes me feel. The Nuvaring is ok but it's annoying to deal with. I know we would never do IF treatments again, period. I thought about Mirena but know 2 people with awful side effects. The non hormonal one can make endometriosis pain worse and heavier flow. I'm done with people messing with my body!! I think it's DH's turn.

I will def ask for pain meds if the dr thinks I need the cytotec. I have really painful cramps anyways so hopefully it won't be much worse.

jkl
jkl

May 21st, 2012, 7:45 pm #7

m/c are tough no matter what. Glad you are doing ok and that it was early.

jkl

Teresa
Teresa

May 21st, 2012, 8:14 pm #8

I'm very sad to see this news. It's very painful and you will grieve. Don't let anyone undermine your grief with the stupid things they may say (and I hope they don't but having gone through 4, people cease to amaze me with what comes out of their mouths)

I hope you pass it on your own and won't need anything. I remember with my first, I bled for about 10 days, started heavy, got lighter, then got heavy again. I wasn't in much physical pain that I couldn't handle, it was more emotional pain than anything. I did take pain killers as needed.

You and your family are in my prayers. Be good to yourself. I'm so sorry.

Teresa

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 21st, 2012, 8:36 pm #9

Alli..I'm so sorry. I know that you were prepared for this..but still...m/c is never easy. Give your DH a hug and know that you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

May 21st, 2012, 11:14 pm #10

as unexpected as it was, it can still be very difficult to deal with and go through. I hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible. I am glad that you family is complete w/ your three little ones.

Hugs,

FB