We've got one wiggly little...

We've got one wiggly little...

Erin
Erin

August 17th, 2012, 2:52 am #1

GIRL!!! We had our anatomy scan today and after much searching, the tech and the radiologist finally gave up b/c our little one was just too wiggly. I was kind-of disappointed, but then I asked a question about my placenta (there had been some discussion of it being concerning for a previa in an earlier u/s) so the radiologist looked again, and low and behold, there were her lady parts! Everything looked great, baby is measuring about 3 days ahead and placenta is now well placed. It was great to see our little girl(!) doing so well and it made the whole thing feel a little more real! We are very happy and thankful to be where we are today!

As for my OB situation, I met with a solo practice OB last week for over an hour. She is extremely hard to get into since she's very popular and does all of her own deliveries so she can only take so many patients. She was all booked when I called when I was 5 or 6wks pregnant, but now luckily has an opening for January deliveries. She was very kind and thorough and is a big advocate for natural birth (her c-section rate is only 10%!) but had thought through how she would do a c-section on me (very difficult due to all my scar tissue) and is talking to surgeons at the hospital this week about my case. So, if those discussions go well, I will plan to change OBs soon. It's a little sad to move away from a practice that I like, but their new call schedule just makes me feel really uncomfortable, so I think that will be for the best.

So, other than some anemia, insomnia and quite a bit of resulting fatigue, that is all the news from here! Looking forward to: 1) being able to tell kicks from gas, and 2) looking more pregnant than pudgy- both of which continue to allude me at this point. Hope everyone is well and sending good thoughts to all of you!

August 17th, 2012, 3:43 am #2

pink!!
thanks for this cheery update.

jm

Laura
Laura

August 17th, 2012, 3:55 am #3

GIRL!!! We had our anatomy scan today and after much searching, the tech and the radiologist finally gave up b/c our little one was just too wiggly. I was kind-of disappointed, but then I asked a question about my placenta (there had been some discussion of it being concerning for a previa in an earlier u/s) so the radiologist looked again, and low and behold, there were her lady parts! Everything looked great, baby is measuring about 3 days ahead and placenta is now well placed. It was great to see our little girl(!) doing so well and it made the whole thing feel a little more real! We are very happy and thankful to be where we are today!

As for my OB situation, I met with a solo practice OB last week for over an hour. She is extremely hard to get into since she's very popular and does all of her own deliveries so she can only take so many patients. She was all booked when I called when I was 5 or 6wks pregnant, but now luckily has an opening for January deliveries. She was very kind and thorough and is a big advocate for natural birth (her c-section rate is only 10%!) but had thought through how she would do a c-section on me (very difficult due to all my scar tissue) and is talking to surgeons at the hospital this week about my case. So, if those discussions go well, I will plan to change OBs soon. It's a little sad to move away from a practice that I like, but their new call schedule just makes me feel really uncomfortable, so I think that will be for the best.

So, other than some anemia, insomnia and quite a bit of resulting fatigue, that is all the news from here! Looking forward to: 1) being able to tell kicks from gas, and 2) looking more pregnant than pudgy- both of which continue to allude me at this point. Hope everyone is well and sending good thoughts to all of you!
So much fun!! Was that the initial prediction from the 13wk?

Teresa
Teresa

August 17th, 2012, 9:21 am #4

Aww a girl! That's awesome! Start the styling girls are fun to dress!!!

I'm curious as well if this was their initial prediction as 13 weeks is super early to guess. Was it a tech or a dr who guessed?

Glad things are much better, you sound more confident and in a better place.

Hope your gas goes away soon, ugh! Also, it's still somewhat early to feel a ton of movement though, just something to keep in mind.

Congrats on a perfect scan!

Thanks also for the advice below, husband gave me the lowdown last night, thankfully we will most likely just pay out co. Whew!

Erin
Erin

August 17th, 2012, 2:44 pm #5

The tech was right at 12.5wks. She said girl and was correct! Turns out, even that early they don't choose girl b/c they don't see a penis- they actually see 3 parallel lines in the genital area for girls. Obviously it's difficult that early, but clearly not impossible . Thanks for your well wishes and looking forward to your scan reports soon!

Sara H
Sara H

August 17th, 2012, 2:48 pm #6

PINK!

So happy for you and that all looks so well!

One thought, though, before you get too much in pink mode...
Do have hem check again next time, I have heard that sometimes with what scans like a girl they can be tricky and be hiding boy parts! (But I have heard from the techs it is much less likely the other way! )

It's only a tiny chance and I am SURE they told you but I have had it happen to not one but two dear friends of mine! (but they only had the two scans, not multiple, as I bet you will.)

HUGS and congrats and I am so happy for you!
Sara H

Teresa
Teresa

August 17th, 2012, 3:15 pm #7

Not to scare you, but I have 3 girl friends who were told Team Pink at 18, 19 and 22 weeks and then at 24 weeks they were playing for the other team Probably unlikely for you, but just in case, I would hold off on going too pink crazy just for maybe a few weeks more? Or, make sure you hold on to receipts...just in case!

But "Think pink"

Glad everything else with the scan came back well, that's the most important piece!

mel
mel

August 17th, 2012, 3:23 pm #8

How exciting to find out you'll be having a GIRL!!! Congrats!!! Glad that all was well with the scan and SHE cooperated in the end.

Sounds like a great meeting with the new OB too and good news that she has an opening in January. Hope that it all works out the way you want.

Yay for Team Pink!

Erin
Erin

August 17th, 2012, 3:27 pm #9

Not to scare you, but I have 3 girl friends who were told Team Pink at 18, 19 and 22 weeks and then at 24 weeks they were playing for the other team Probably unlikely for you, but just in case, I would hold off on going too pink crazy just for maybe a few weeks more? Or, make sure you hold on to receipts...just in case!

But "Think pink"

Glad everything else with the scan came back well, that's the most important piece!
When they didn't see anything at first they said, "well, probably a girl" but then when they looked again we got a great shot of what they call the "hamburger buns"- it looks like 3 parallel lines that make up the labia. We ultimately got a great look at it, so it wasn't just absence of penis (plus it's the 3rd time the lines have been seen, so I'm feeling confident). I'm actually not a "pink" or pastel person anyways, but I feel pretty confident buying some nice multicolor dresses!

August 17th, 2012, 4:11 pm #10

Yes those hamburger buns are quite visible once they get a good shot!! I think my DH was still in shock so the tech zoomed in and showed us.

Congrats! You will be able to tell movement soon. As to getting the little bump, I cant say much as I had one at 8 weeks.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally