Surprise BFP!

Surprise BFP!

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

March 15th, 2012, 11:30 pm #1

Hi again ladies!

First off, the question posted yesterday was from me and thanks to everyone who responded!

I got the shock of my life on Tuesday after taking a FRER and seeing two pink lines. You could have knocked me over with a feather!

Who would have thought that a 40 year old who did 3 IVF cycles to get preggo with DS would be knocked up - while still BFing! note: AF returned in Dec when DS stopped night feedings and started solids, so we knew getting PG was possible (though not likely, or so WE thought!). I also had AF in Jan and Feb although in 30 and 35 day intervals. So this month Im on day 36 of not having AF when I think hmm maybe I'll test in a few days if AF still isnt here. That very afternoon I had sore BB's (like preg sore) so I think geez I'll take the FRER now, it will be negative and I can stop obsessing over every twitch and cramp. And presto two pink lines!

So I called C.ooper and they had me get BW which came back at Beta 4000, E2 150, and P4 22. U/S showed a gest sac, yolk sac and measuring perfectly at 5 weeks. Spoke to Dr. B today and she advised that for a naturally conceived pg, these were all normal numbers but advised I could take P4 support to be on the safe side. And it was up to me whether to continue monitoring there with BW and US which I will do as long as insurance covers it (if not I can get in to see my OB in early April). As a side note, Dr. B and my US tech both said it is VERY common for them to see IVF patients return with surprise pregnancies!

It's been a crazy week - I think I'm still in shock! And also trying to wrap my mind around the fact that if all goes well with this preg I will be joining the 2 under 2 Club (DS will be 18 months in November!)

Sara H
Sara H

March 16th, 2012, 12:48 am #2

Congratulations!

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

hugs!
Sara H

Jamie
Jamie

March 16th, 2012, 2:47 am #3

Hi again ladies!

First off, the question posted yesterday was from me and thanks to everyone who responded!

I got the shock of my life on Tuesday after taking a FRER and seeing two pink lines. You could have knocked me over with a feather!

Who would have thought that a 40 year old who did 3 IVF cycles to get preggo with DS would be knocked up - while still BFing! note: AF returned in Dec when DS stopped night feedings and started solids, so we knew getting PG was possible (though not likely, or so WE thought!). I also had AF in Jan and Feb although in 30 and 35 day intervals. So this month Im on day 36 of not having AF when I think hmm maybe I'll test in a few days if AF still isnt here. That very afternoon I had sore BB's (like preg sore) so I think geez I'll take the FRER now, it will be negative and I can stop obsessing over every twitch and cramp. And presto two pink lines!

So I called C.ooper and they had me get BW which came back at Beta 4000, E2 150, and P4 22. U/S showed a gest sac, yolk sac and measuring perfectly at 5 weeks. Spoke to Dr. B today and she advised that for a naturally conceived pg, these were all normal numbers but advised I could take P4 support to be on the safe side. And it was up to me whether to continue monitoring there with BW and US which I will do as long as insurance covers it (if not I can get in to see my OB in early April). As a side note, Dr. B and my US tech both said it is VERY common for them to see IVF patients return with surprise pregnancies!

It's been a crazy week - I think I'm still in shock! And also trying to wrap my mind around the fact that if all goes well with this preg I will be joining the 2 under 2 Club (DS will be 18 months in November!)
Yeah! I think there is some sort of rejuvenative effect on the ovaries in being pregnant--so happy to hear from you!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 16th, 2012, 2:58 am #4

Hi again ladies!

are you freaking kidding me?! This is crazy!!! SUPER DUPER congrats!! First Shipin and now you??? Did Dr. Ch.eck wave the magic wand over you for life? LOL!

Can't wait to hear all of your progress!

(p.s. how old was DS when AF returned? DD is 6 months and her night feedings stopped totally at least a month ago if not more but no AF yet.)

(p.s.s. - I guess both my OB and his NP were not kidding/exaggerating when they said I "would" (not just could but *would*) get pregnant unless I took measures!)

March 16th, 2012, 3:44 am #5

Hi again ladies!

Such wonderful news, and I can relate to the shock! My 3-month-old DS was conceived after only getting three AFs after BFing, this after nearly 3 years of trying previously. I dunno, PG seems to kick start things in some women. My OB is adamant I do something permanent for birth control since we're done family building, but the whole birth control idea seems so foreign to me.

Anyway, I'd get on some p4 if I were you, just to be on the safe side. Your number is totally fine, but it can't hurt, right?

Have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Hugs and love,
Meg

March 16th, 2012, 3:55 am #6

Hi again ladies!

What an awesome surprise! Your numbers look great. Congrats again!

March 16th, 2012, 3:55 am #7

Hi again ladies!

Isn't it amazing how much your life can change in such a short period of time? How wonderful - I'm so happy for you!!

JulesM
JulesM

March 16th, 2012, 7:53 am #8

Hi again ladies!

fantastic news!!!!! congrats!!

March 16th, 2012, 9:08 am #9

Hi again ladies!

March 16th, 2012, 2:39 pm #10

Hi again ladies!

you really give me hope. wow!!!!