Second Ultra-Sound Update

Second Ultra-Sound Update

Tanya
Tanya

June 9th, 2011, 8:40 pm #1

Well we saw the little heartbeat today, it was 117 BPM! It was truly amazing to hear and see the little flicker!
Cooper JUST called and my beta increased from 12,775 last Thursday (6/2) to 43,467 today (6/9).
The nurse said everything looked good but according to my beta calculator the doubling time has slowed to 3.96 days. I hope I am just being paranoid since Becky (the nurse) didnt mention it was bad. Does the beta sound okay?

I am getting cautiously excited that maybe this could be real! We have an OB Intake appointment tomorrow morning (whatever that is)

June 9th, 2011, 9:05 pm #2

At this point, betas will slow, u/s showing heartbeat is more significant.

Congrats on meeting this milestone!

Hugs,
Meg

Bethpky
Bethpky

June 9th, 2011, 11:18 pm #3

Well we saw the little heartbeat today, it was 117 BPM! It was truly amazing to hear and see the little flicker!
Cooper JUST called and my beta increased from 12,775 last Thursday (6/2) to 43,467 today (6/9).
The nurse said everything looked good but according to my beta calculator the doubling time has slowed to 3.96 days. I hope I am just being paranoid since Becky (the nurse) didnt mention it was bad. Does the beta sound okay?

I am getting cautiously excited that maybe this could be real! We have an OB Intake appointment tomorrow morning (whatever that is)
My last post question was answered.

Looks great! Betas times WAY down when you get to your point. The important thing is that you heard a strong heartbeat. This is WONDERFUL news...so happy for you, Tanya!!!!! How many weeks are you?

Tanya
Tanya

June 9th, 2011, 11:27 pm #4

You made me feel better! I believe I'm 6 weeks and 4 days

Tanya
Tanya

June 9th, 2011, 11:29 pm #5

At this point, betas will slow, u/s showing heartbeat is more significant.

Congrats on meeting this milestone!

Hugs,
Meg
Thank you for the reassurance. I wish I could enjoy this time more, hopefully as time goes on I will

Bethpky
Bethpky

June 10th, 2011, 12:25 am #6

You made me feel better! I believe I'm 6 weeks and 4 days
I'm glad I didn't do any betas after the first three. TOO MUCH STRESS! The u/s is ALL that matters at this point. And yours is fantastic!

June 10th, 2011, 8:22 pm #7

I also saw your post below about beansprouts! I have a dirty little secret- I ate deli meats constantly during my pregnancy. As you can see, everything turned out fine.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Jamie
Jamie

June 11th, 2011, 3:27 am #8

That is all perfect, DO NOT worry about the beta; after 1600 it grows much more slowly. You are doing great!

JulesM
JulesM

June 11th, 2011, 11:36 am #9

You must be overjoyed!!! I had my first OB appt Thurs and it was probably also just the "intake" appt. All they ddi was a pap (blah), checked my cervix and uterus, a weight, vital signs, and went over my history and what I can expect from them. It was just with the NP. She said if my uterus felt in the right place they would try to doppler the HR but mine is still very retroverted so they didn't even try.
Good Luck!!! Keep us posted as you progress!