Quick update about me and my sis :-)

Quick update about me and my sis :-)

May 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm #1

Hi everyone!
It is hard to believe but I am currently 17 weeks already! I just got a call from my dr. letting me know that my quad screen results were normal so that is a big relief!

My sister is 14 weeks along and had good results at her NT scan which is wonderful news! She keeps telling me every day how lucky she feels and how she can't believe she is actually pregnant. I know one thing for sure...I am going to throw her a killer baby shower!

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the summer!

Take care!

juliemam
juliemam

May 31st, 2012, 12:57 am #2

and I am sorry she said what she said.

Its also too bad that your response had to get deleted along with her response, it's the quirk of the BB otherwise I would have left it because you were polite where someone else would have perhaps got into it.

Please reconsider staying, I enjoy your updates and your input. And if I do, you can bet there are more who feel the way I do. Don't let one person spoil it for you.
Just wanted you to know that you ARE welcome here.

Post when you can, nobody is counting/judging (well, they shouldn't. It's not fair to do that. I'd hate to feel like someone is counting my responses and judging me on how much support I give--what about the support I silently give? How to quantify that ?? isn't that what praying is? Shall I tell everybody when I pray for them? That, to me, is private.)

To the anon poster who's response I deleted: Please use you real name next time or don't bother to respond. If you wouldn't be able to tell her to her face then don't write it out either. Emotions run high here. When annoyed with a post, it's best to sleep on whatever response you would have liked to post.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/t ... +read+this

Juliemam

May 31st, 2012, 1:42 am #3

Thank you very much for your support. I will certainly try voice my support more often but you are right...I often have been silently supporting others. I feel so much joy when happy news is shared and my heart aches when some of us struggle or experience sad news.

Thank you so much for making this such a positive and safe place. That is rare on the web.

I am not sure I really do belong here even though I am pregnant and my FSH is 11.5. I have not,however, had as hard of a journey as many of the strong women here have. My sister most certainly does belong here. I continue to encourage her to post but she is a very busy professional. I am mostly here to share her miraculous story and offer hope to others.

Thanks again for "having my back" and I will do better voicing my support when appropriate.

ZakiaZ
ZakiaZ

May 31st, 2012, 1:52 am #4

I lived on this board for both my pgs. Same fsh as yours and my 2nd pg was way easier to attain that my first. Nobody could tell me that I didn't belong here - well they could tell me but I wouldn't have listened.

I think it's so cool that you and your sis are pg together. It is so nice to have a pg buddy and then someone to parent alongside. You and your sis are truly blessed and we love JM 'cause she makes it great for everyone on here (even the not so nice ones).

Cheers and congrats,
Z.

Laura
Laura

May 31st, 2012, 3:14 am #5

Thank you very much for your support. I will certainly try voice my support more often but you are right...I often have been silently supporting others. I feel so much joy when happy news is shared and my heart aches when some of us struggle or experience sad news.

Thank you so much for making this such a positive and safe place. That is rare on the web.

I am not sure I really do belong here even though I am pregnant and my FSH is 11.5. I have not,however, had as hard of a journey as many of the strong women here have. My sister most certainly does belong here. I continue to encourage her to post but she is a very busy professional. I am mostly here to share her miraculous story and offer hope to others.

Thanks again for "having my back" and I will do better voicing my support when appropriate.
I've tried to respond a few times now but the site keeps freezing and deleting my response. I'm taking it as a sign to shorten my post.

A few things: I saw the original response and while I think it could have been much more delicate, I understand the point they were trying to make. Lately, ladies have been very sensitive to "drive-by" posters. These are women who put up a frantic post, get tons of answers, advice and support and then don't say thanks and then just leave. It's more annoying when they come back with another frantic post, or with a BFP not a month later. I don't think you fit this category, but you are obviously not as obsessed with the boards as some others, myself included, so you're just not as visible sometimes.

The other thing is not your fault, but also a sensitive subject recently. Frankly, your FSH is not high. Whatever idiot Dr told you it was needs to stop being a Dr because s/he is a dip$hit. So of course when they told you it was high you panicked, and then your sister gets checked and hers actually IS high which makes you panic even more bc you are identical twins if there is some problem, you both would have it. So, it's not your fault that your Dr sucks, but it was not really a surprise to any of us that you got pg naturally. Of course it was a surprise to you, after being told "high FSH blah blah blah" that you got pg, just not a surprise to us.

Ok, so that's (what I think) the Anoner was trying (but not hard enough) to say. Women get very emotional, so try not to take things personally, even if they feel personal.

PS I'm thrilled for you! Take care of yourself. Let us know when you know the gender!

JP
JP

May 31st, 2012, 5:42 pm #6

And I'm glad I missed the mean post but it sounds like you handled it just fine. I'm happy for you and your sister and I like to see your updates. I'm sure once you feel a little more comfortable you may have some words of wisdom, advice or condolences for the new comers and other women here. Your FSH may not be sky high but you know what - I wouldn't have my son today if I had listened to my old ob who told me that my FSH of 12 was nothing to worry about - apparently it was (and it was only going up)! Finding this board led me to finding a new ob who led me (right away) to an RE. These boards have been such a blessing to me over the past five years or so and I never offered a word until my son was born. I'm sure you will pay it forward when the time is right for you - I hope so anyway but there is no need to keep score. We ALL came here for the same reason and we ALL have that in common. I'm glad you're here and I wish you the best.

Whitney
Whitney

May 31st, 2012, 7:00 pm #7

Your FSH at 11.5 is high. It may not be 20 or 40, but 11.5 is high. There are a lot of RE's who will not even treat you if it is 15 or above. Mine was only 10.9 and I had to do IVF to get pregnant. My best wishes to your sister and you!

May 31st, 2012, 7:32 pm #8

Hi everyone!
It is hard to believe but I am currently 17 weeks already! I just got a call from my dr. letting me know that my quad screen results were normal so that is a big relief!

My sister is 14 weeks along and had good results at her NT scan which is wonderful news! She keeps telling me every day how lucky she feels and how she can't believe she is actually pregnant. I know one thing for sure...I am going to throw her a killer baby shower!

Take care!
Thank you for making me feel welcome and I will continue to post while trying to be a good community member.

I know I had some frantic posts in the past and I am sorry if it now seems like they were not neccessary. Sometimes, however, it does feel like your world is crashing down...especially in the beginning. (I am sure you can all relate)

I will keep you updated on our pregnancies (which I can still not believe) and I look forward to hearing how you all are doing!

Tami

ElizaN
ElizaN

May 31st, 2012, 8:06 pm #9

Hi everyone!

Take care!
Wishing you both all the best.