Question about morning sickness?

Question about morning sickness?

Sara H
Sara H

January 2nd, 2012, 3:50 am #1

Hi!

I am only 6 weeks and 1 day, so still early, but high beta numbers so far. (Last was 23,000 and that was last Wednesday)

So far, except for a tiny bit of afternoon queasiness my first week, I have had no morning sickness.

For you ladies who have had to suffer with it when did it kick in? If I haven't had it yet am I clear? Just love to know if it's still a lurking possibility!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H

Whitney
Whitney

January 2nd, 2012, 4:08 am #2

7 weeks for me and it was all downhill from there. I would count yourself lucky if you get out of morning sickness.

January 2nd, 2012, 5:09 am #3

Hi!

I am only 6 weeks and 1 day, so still early, but high beta numbers so far. (Last was 23,000 and that was last Wednesday)

So far, except for a tiny bit of afternoon queasiness my first week, I have had no morning sickness.

For you ladies who have had to suffer with it when did it kick in? If I haven't had it yet am I clear? Just love to know if it's still a lurking possibility!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
Mine started at week 6 and was just gagging on and off throughout the day. It was triggered by an empty stomach mostly so I would have a glass of milk first thing when I woke up in the morning to stop it. Lifesavers help a lot too.

January 2nd, 2012, 1:35 pm #4

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
Mine started around 6-7 weeks as well. Lasted until 12 weeks exactly. Mine was the form of empty stomach = queasiness and horrifying food aversions. I only ate cool ranch doritos, clementines and green grapes for the first 12 weeks. For real. I could not be in the same room as cooked eggs. At some smell from a local grocery store. Still can't walk in the door there. It takes different forms - sucking on sour patch kids helps me a lot and the wrist bands. Could not live without them. Everyone is so different. One day I woke up and declared I wanted spaghetti for dinner and that was the end of morning sickness for me! Hopefully it won't be too bad for you!

bigboy
bigboy

January 2nd, 2012, 1:39 pm #5

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
first im jealous... ; )
second, morning sickness is puking and/or having nausea. so it sounds like you have a little.
with my son it was 6 weeks exactly and with this pregnancy it was 6 weeks exactly. but with my son it was more gradual whereas with this pregancy it was like i got hit by a truck. it was awful.
there is still a strong possibility you could get it....although i hope you dont. unless you want it for the symptoms but still, i hope you dont get it that bad!!!

bigboy
bigboy

January 2nd, 2012, 1:41 pm #6

i seem to be the only one on this board that zofran did not help... unisom "helped" me more...i would take a whole or a half, at night usually. then i as i got used to them, they had no affect on me and i would take a half in the day sometimes.

jnoels
jnoels

January 2nd, 2012, 1:48 pm #7

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
Hi Sara -
I'm just a little bit farther along than you - 7 weeks today - and have also had strong betas (30,000 was the last one, about a week ago). Not having much morning sickness here either, except - like you - some queasiness in the afternoon. Mine extends into the evening, but it really isn't too bad.
I was getting a little antsy this past week about not feeling worse (insane, I know); my mother told me that she did not have any morning sickness with me until almost 10 weeks, and my sister said it hit her pretty hard between 7-8.
So while I hope for both of us that this is as bad as it gets , it's possible that it could still come on strong!
Good luck!

Alli
Alli

January 2nd, 2012, 1:49 pm #8

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
You don't want it!!! But if u do, I lived on Zofran and jolly ranchers

Sara H
Sara H

January 2nd, 2012, 2:00 pm #9

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
No, I don't want it, not at all, and I was hoping to here that if I was clear this week I was clear... ah well! A girl can dream, right?

Great advice here and thank you!
(I hope the Dorito thing doesn't happen, I don't like them now so can't image how sick I'd have to be to crave them! Ha!)

I will enjoy these days... but I have a feeling it will hit me at some point, my mother was crippled with it and they almost put her in hospital and I get motion sick, which they say can be an indicator... grrrr.

Finger's crossed for it passing over this house and, again, thanks for the advice!
Glad most of you are better!
Sara H

CtMB
CtMB

January 2nd, 2012, 9:54 pm #10

Hi!

Thanks, Ladies!

Sara H
and it started around 6.5 weeks. I am having a hard time eating or drinking anything at all. I have been given Zofran by my doc but am holding off using it for now.
I hope you escape the misery