Previa is gone :)

Previa is gone :)

sch1star
sch1star

September 1st, 2011, 10:23 pm #1

Saw the peri today - he says baby looks perfect! Placenta is well away from cervix now. He's 2 lb 3oz approx and growth is 30th percentile. I didnt know this but I guess they can be off by quite a bit in estimates at this age - up to a pound! In any case, he said they don't worry unless baby's under 10th % or over 90th. So all is well, with measurements on track too. Do you think it could mean my GDT will go ok? I don't know if he'd already be big right now with GD.

Baby is still breech - or again, I guess. He looks nice and comfy with his head in just the same spot as when we saw him at 18w. I'm not so sure he will turn!

With the uterine scarring, not sure I will be able to swing a natural delivery, but still very happy to have one less risk now

Peri decided to take another look in 4 weeks. He said "with the fibroids, your age, and 6 years of infertility...we have the technology, we may as well use it!" I feel like we're in good hands.

JulesM
JulesM

September 1st, 2011, 10:43 pm #2

I also have a previa, diagnosed at a partial at 16w and then a full previa at 18 weeks... hoping mine corrects itself too. It's so great they will continue to watch you closely, you are definitely in good hands!

September 2nd, 2011, 1:08 am #3

Saw the peri today - he says baby looks perfect! Placenta is well away from cervix now. He's 2 lb 3oz approx and growth is 30th percentile. I didnt know this but I guess they can be off by quite a bit in estimates at this age - up to a pound! In any case, he said they don't worry unless baby's under 10th % or over 90th. So all is well, with measurements on track too. Do you think it could mean my GDT will go ok? I don't know if he'd already be big right now with GD.

Baby is still breech - or again, I guess. He looks nice and comfy with his head in just the same spot as when we saw him at 18w. I'm not so sure he will turn!

With the uterine scarring, not sure I will be able to swing a natural delivery, but still very happy to have one less risk now

Peri decided to take another look in 4 weeks. He said "with the fibroids, your age, and 6 years of infertility...we have the technology, we may as well use it!" I feel like we're in good hands.
That's fabulous news! Must be such a relief. Not sure if the measurements mean anything regarding GDT. You must do that soon, right? I'll tell you what my OB told me--no sugary stuff that day. Lots of protein. Makes sense, and everyone probably already knows that, but I flunked my one-hour test for my last PG. Passed the 3 hour, but it was still a PITA. Will follow doc's advice this time.

I think my little guy is still breech, too. Still feeling lots of kicks on my bladder. Oh well, my last little guy was stubborn, too, and never did move, so I had a c-section. Not saying your little one won't, though.

Thanks for the update!

Hugs,
Meg

sch1star
sch1star

September 2nd, 2011, 1:31 am #4

I actually googled how to pass it...you know, just for informational purposes...but nothing really came up. I'll definitely take your advice!

September 2nd, 2011, 2:44 am #5

what a relief. Your Dr sounds great

keep us posted

hug
jm
co-moderator
not ttc
not pg

holleigh
holleigh

September 2nd, 2011, 11:48 am #6

My babies like to be upside down too! A things that have helped...
Play music down near your pelvis (headphones)
Put a bag of cold frozen veggie up near rib cage (babies move away from cold)
Shine a light between your legs at night (they go toward the light)
If you live in a warm climate or have access to an indoor pool- stand on your hands underwater

~ Holleigh

bigboy
bigboy

September 2nd, 2011, 1:19 pm #7

i had a low lying placenta with my son. spotted it at my 20 week appointment, he was also breech then too. then when i went back for my 32 week, the placenta had "moved" and it was no longer low lying. i dont remember if my son had moved at that point as well but evetually he did move out of the breech position. but he was face up when he came out.

Maru
Maru

September 2nd, 2011, 3:17 pm #8

Why the uterine scarring? They told me this time around that they saw scarring from a D&C I had done before I had my son from a m/c.

I didn't even know it was there the first pregnancy, but this time they say they need to monitor it.

I had a c-section with Sebas, he was 9 pounds when I was 38 weeks and the doctor said he recommended it because he would have been easily over 10 pounds when I went into labor myself, so we did it, and to be honest with you it was a good decision for me. I don't recommend people having surgery if they don't need it, but I do like to hear what the doctor needs to say about these things and follow recommendations because I believe they know better about this than i do. The c-section was easy, scheduled, i didn't get hemorroids :p and yes its painful afterwards but also people that have natural deliveries have pain, so it was not scary at all.

I hope you get the delivery you want, but in case it so happens to be a c-section just wanted to say that is not scary and i felt it was a pretty easy recovery. I'm having another one this time around, not even trying for a VBAC.

sch1star
sch1star

September 2nd, 2011, 5:13 pm #9

i had a low lying placenta with my son. spotted it at my 20 week appointment, he was also breech then too. then when i went back for my 32 week, the placenta had "moved" and it was no longer low lying. i dont remember if my son had moved at that point as well but evetually he did move out of the breech position. but he was face up when he came out.
Thanks! Luckily it does seem that most of them move. They'd told me 98% will by week 28 so I wasn't too worried.

sch1star
sch1star

September 2nd, 2011, 5:22 pm #10

Why the uterine scarring? They told me this time around that they saw scarring from a D&C I had done before I had my son from a m/c.

I didn't even know it was there the first pregnancy, but this time they say they need to monitor it.

I had a c-section with Sebas, he was 9 pounds when I was 38 weeks and the doctor said he recommended it because he would have been easily over 10 pounds when I went into labor myself, so we did it, and to be honest with you it was a good decision for me. I don't recommend people having surgery if they don't need it, but I do like to hear what the doctor needs to say about these things and follow recommendations because I believe they know better about this than i do. The c-section was easy, scheduled, i didn't get hemorroids :p and yes its painful afterwards but also people that have natural deliveries have pain, so it was not scary at all.

I hope you get the delivery you want, but in case it so happens to be a c-section just wanted to say that is not scary and i felt it was a pretty easy recovery. I'm having another one this time around, not even trying for a VBAC.
I had a fibroid removed between cycles in Jan and it was pretty big - 3+ hours in surgery to get rid of it - so they have some concerns. They seem to think I might be able to labor naturally but they're not too crazy about the idea of inducing me since the ptocin will make the contractions stronger, so greater chance of tearing that scar tissue. They won't let me go late due to my age so it's a bit of a dilemma!

Personally I think IF gave me the fibroids. I didn't have any in my first workups. They appeared at 40. Lol

I'm glad to hear your feedback about c-section. To be honest, maybe it's not the popular thing to say, but I'm okay with it going that way. After all we've been through, all I want is to come through this safely with a healthy baby. I'd really like to avoid going through both labor and c-section and my mind's open to what my OB thinks is best. I'm looking forward to talking with her about it at my next visit.