okay i feel AWFUL

okay i feel AWFUL

bigboy
bigboy

August 30th, 2011, 2:38 pm #1

im so sick i cant move. it's like a have a 24/7 hang over. and i cant really eat anything and water doesnt set well. ive been taking tylenol for the awful headache but the nausea is unbearable. i remember this with my son, and it was bad. but it wasnt THIS bad at 6w2d. seriously i feel like i want to die. and of course im not throwing up...and i feel like i wont. i didnt with my son but constantly wanted to. okay, that's it. i just had to tell someone. i hope everyone else is doing well.

Alli
Alli

August 30th, 2011, 3:19 pm #2

Zofran stat!! Nt

August 30th, 2011, 4:54 pm #3

im so sick i cant move. it's like a have a 24/7 hang over. and i cant really eat anything and water doesnt set well. ive been taking tylenol for the awful headache but the nausea is unbearable. i remember this with my son, and it was bad. but it wasnt THIS bad at 6w2d. seriously i feel like i want to die. and of course im not throwing up...and i feel like i wont. i didnt with my son but constantly wanted to. okay, that's it. i just had to tell someone. i hope everyone else is doing well.
not sure I felt as bad as that but did have constant nausea, puked all of 2-3 times in the 40wks but that constant nausea, yuck.

So. I had read that vitamin B6 helped so got myself a bottle, took a minimum dose and sipped milk to keep blood sugars somewhat steady.

Didn't want to go on anything stronger like diclectin but was prepared to if I started to not keep things down.

I did find that I'd get a wave of hunger and if I didn't answer it right away it switched to nausea in a heartbeat. BUT if I nibbled against my will on something, anything, that hunger came back in like 5min and then I was ok to eat something. not big, still felt yucky but manageable.

Every nausea and every pg and every woman is different. hope you find what works for you this time.
jm

Last edited by juliemam on August 30th, 2011, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 30th, 2011, 5:53 pm #4

The nausea was crippling. (I did actually vomit several times daily, but it didn't relieve the nausea.)

I tried everything, but nothing worked except for the Zofran. I couldn't even hold down water, it was terrible!

If you do get an RX beware of the constipation side effect. Not fun, but better than feeling sick all the time IMO.

Hugs and GL.

Meg

bigboy
bigboy

August 30th, 2011, 5:59 pm #5

i took colace with my son and not only did it not help at all, i couldnt poop for a week on it. im just worried that im going to get dehydrated or something. i cant believe how horrible i feel and how quickly it came on. 4 days ago i was fine. i just hope that there are babies, or at least a baby, growing in there.

bigboy
bigboy

August 30th, 2011, 6:01 pm #6

The nausea was crippling. (I did actually vomit several times daily, but it didn't relieve the nausea.)

I tried everything, but nothing worked except for the Zofran. I couldn't even hold down water, it was terrible!

If you do get an RX beware of the constipation side effect. Not fun, but better than feeling sick all the time IMO.

Hugs and GL.

Meg
okay so that answers my prior question...it does cause constipation. the colace didnt even help me though with my son. my nausea was still there and i couldnt poop. when did your nausea finally dissipate? with my son it went away at about 13 weeks although i still couldnt eat normally.....but every pregnancy is different i know.

Alli
Alli

August 30th, 2011, 6:17 pm #7

i took colace with my son and not only did it not help at all, i couldnt poop for a week on it. im just worried that im going to get dehydrated or something. i cant believe how horrible i feel and how quickly it came on. 4 days ago i was fine. i just hope that there are babies, or at least a baby, growing in there.
But if you are pg with multiples, your m/s will probably be much worse and much longer than a singleton. But hey- it will be so worth it!!

Zofran is a powerful anti nausea drug used primarily for chemo patients. Its Cat B so like Tylenol. Colace is a stool softener.

bigboy
bigboy

August 30th, 2011, 6:25 pm #8

oh really? i could have sworn is was colace she gave me...maybe im messing up the name, i probably am. anyways, the anti-nausea i got with my son didnt work. maybe i will ask for that zofran stuff on friday if it really works that well.

bigboy
bigboy

August 30th, 2011, 6:39 pm #9

maybe she gave me colace after i said i couldnt go #2 and i threw out the other stuff...the colace has been sitting in our cabinet for 3 years so i guess i just didnt remember what it was for.

August 30th, 2011, 6:56 pm #10

okay so that answers my prior question...it does cause constipation. the colace didnt even help me though with my son. my nausea was still there and i couldnt poop. when did your nausea finally dissipate? with my son it went away at about 13 weeks although i still couldnt eat normally.....but every pregnancy is different i know.
historically, my m/s lasts longer than the norm. For this PG, it started to dissipate at about 20 weeks. Hopefully, it won't be that long for you!

But the Zofran REALLY helped the m/s. I mean, it would vanish in minutes after taking one pill. Due to the constipation, though, I only took one pill a day instead of the 3 the doc said I could take. The one pill/day regime did allow me to "go" about once a day, albeit uncomfortably.

But, like I said, if I had to pick, I'd choose the constipation over crippling m/s.

GL!
Meg