Officially reducing to 1 crinone

Officially reducing to 1 crinone

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

July 18th, 2012, 1:25 am #1

Hi
This is anon from the crinone and nasal spray threads a bit below. I am now 6 wks 4 days and because this was a natural bfp, RE thinks i don't need P4. He said if i want to, i can do 1 crinone instead of 2 now until next u/s in 2 weeks. Prog was 8 at first beta but not checked since.

What do you all think? One of the nurses' take is that if a pg is good, it's good and that p4 won't save a bad pregnancy.

Thanks!

Laura
Laura

July 18th, 2012, 5:39 am #2

Natural or not, 8 is below the acceptable range that some Drs like to see (10), but many Drs that treated women here like to see over 20. Yes, a natural bfp should mean that you have a functioning CL cyst, however those of us with hormonal issues sometimes have CLs that don't hang around long enough for the placenta to develop, thus causing a drop in hormone levels and ending an otherwise viable pregnancy (the drop in p4 is what brings on AF each cycle after the CL cyst disintegrates). The nurse is right in that p4 won't save a "doomed" embryo from its fate, but with that logic, there's really no reason to NOT be on p4 since it CAN save a viable pg from ending simply bc of a lack of p4.

ekb88
ekb88

July 18th, 2012, 9:27 am #3

Hi
This is anon from the crinone and nasal spray threads a bit below. I am now 6 wks 4 days and because this was a natural bfp, RE thinks i don't need P4. He said if i want to, i can do 1 crinone instead of 2 now until next u/s in 2 weeks. Prog was 8 at first beta but not checked since.

What do you all think? One of the nurses' take is that if a pg is good, it's good and that p4 won't save a bad pregnancy.

Thanks!
And both times I did progesterone until 10-12 weeksas a precaution. It's one of those "can't hurt, might help" things. If it were me, I'd request another level check before reducing supplementation, but that's just me.

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

July 18th, 2012, 1:50 pm #4

Thanks for your advice and for sharing your experience!