Nuchal test tomorrow

Nuchal test tomorrow

anon5
anon5

April 1st, 2011, 1:45 am #1

hi guys,

just a bit nervous - my nuchal test is tomorrow. the full ultrasound and the result of the blood test i did last week. i did not take prenatals at all...which is one reason why i'm worried. i was too sick to keep them down. and didn't take anything but the odd flintstone vitamin leading up to conception.

scared! also, it's been 7 weeks since my last U/S.

April 1st, 2011, 2:25 am #2

Of course you are anxious! I don't think anyone here would blame you a bit...I know it helps me to remind myself that I am nervous and worried because it's natural, more so for all we've been through, and not nervous because I actually have reason to believe something is wrong.

Please hang in there and do not, not, not beat yourself up about the prenatals. I am sure you did everything you could. Baby apparently wanted to have nothing to do with them! You are certainly not the first to have suffered through this, as many healthy babies will attest. And vitamins have nothing to do with congenital issues, so try to put it out of your mind if you can.

Many good wishes that you have a successful day!

April 1st, 2011, 2:51 am #3

hi guys,

just a bit nervous - my nuchal test is tomorrow. the full ultrasound and the result of the blood test i did last week. i did not take prenatals at all...which is one reason why i'm worried. i was too sick to keep them down. and didn't take anything but the odd flintstone vitamin leading up to conception.

enjoy seeing that little bean. Everything will be fine. I like that we have these tests but boy did they cause a lot of worry and stress for me. I suppose it's natural but still
I used to drink a bit of juice before an u/s to be sure the feotus would be a bit active otherwise I'd worry about that too. Not a good idea for the ones where they have to do accurate measures, as I learned. It was tricky snapping a pic of where the tech had to measure. (blush blush) oh well, it was worth it to see that squiggly bean.

I found the pre-natal hard too and it was less uncomfortable if I took them during my dinner or right after and tried to get to sleep before they made my tummy ache. During pg, my digestion slowed right down so taking it right after dinner and going to bed 3hrs later was fine for me most nights.
I kept taking them post natal and they didn't have the same heaviness or achiness/pain/nausea in my stomach. Funny how different a pg body can be.

If you get a pic, post it If you do, be sure to mask out the personal info those u/s images always have.

come tell us how it went
hugs
jm

April 1st, 2011, 9:27 am #4

hi guys,

I know those tests are soooo scary, so I can relate. I cried on the table when I had mine, I was so scared.

Please try to hang in there. You'll get to see your little one, and will be amazed at the difference from your last u/s.

Hugs,
Meg

anon5
anon5

April 1st, 2011, 11:55 pm #5

hi guys,

hi guys!
great news -- all looked well. I'm so happy. and it was great to see the little baby's hands and head. it's grown so much :D

thanks for your messages.

i did find out though that the test wasn't for spina bifida. so i'm still worried. do you think they would have seen it by now? i heard i have to wait another 3-4 weeks for another ultrasound later in the second trimester to check for it. sigh!

April 2nd, 2011, 12:41 am #6

It's the u/s at week 20 or is it 18?? where they measure everything, takes 20minutes. It's wonderful to see your baby for that long. You can get a video too, usually done at the end once all measures are taken.
For my DS it was a vhs and for my DD it was a dvd, how things changed in the 4yrs between pgs.

I'd forgotten that this u/s is only to measure the nuchal fold.

Glad that you had a good eyeful of your sweetie. That is always a treat.

hugs
jm

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jenna
Jenna

April 2nd, 2011, 3:44 am #7

hi guys!
great news -- all looked well. I'm so happy. and it was great to see the little baby's hands and head. it's grown so much :D

thanks for your messages.

i did find out though that the test wasn't for spina bifida. so i'm still worried. do you think they would have seen it by now? i heard i have to wait another 3-4 weeks for another ultrasound later in the second trimester to check for it. sigh!
I think you will be fine. Please enjoy yourself w/ this good report and enjoy your pregnancy as it will go fast and you will actually miss being pregnant and this time when it is gone.

Have a great weekend.

Jenna

anon5
anon5

April 3rd, 2011, 3:34 am #8

Thanks Jenna...
i'm feeling much better today. the DR. told me yesterday that major neural tube defects are caught early (with the first trimester screening) anyway.