New here, +HPT after 4th IVF, immune issues

New here, +HPT after 4th IVF, immune issues

June 30th, 2011, 2:21 pm #1

Hi Everyone!

I just found this board, and would like to join please! I am kind of freaking out a little because I just today got my positive HPT from my 4th IVF cycle. Of my other 3 IVF's 2 failed and one resulted in a m/c. I have been researching and testing over the last 6 months and am treating for some immune issues this time. I have positive APA, ANA, low LADs. I have been on the yahoo immune boards learning a lot! I am currently a patient of Dr Check at Cooper. I have been having mixed feelings about that practice. I like Dr Check, but have not heard anything from him at all since the initial consult. The nurse I always seem to get is really bad. Luckily I have an amazing nurse at my local clinic. She runs any test I ask for and orders any med I ask for as long as they are reasonable. She actually ran a beta yesterday at 10dpo after I told her I had a slight positive HPT. The beta was only 8.5! I really hope it goes up fast!! My P4 was 19 at 10dpo, so she is getting me on POI. Right now I am just on the endometrium. When I called Check's office about the P4 their answer with the oral prometrium. I don't understand why they would give me that over POI??? From what I have read it is not absorbed well and has side effects. I have come this far....I am taking the darn POI shots whether Cooper nurse likes it or not! Anyway I have a long story, but I won't go on and on now, Just wanted to have a place to chat about this craziness.

If anyone has a positive story about a low initial beta....love to hear it!

Elika

Maru
Maru

June 30th, 2011, 2:41 pm #2

Welcome Elika! And great news on a positive HPT.

10dpo beta of 8.5 doesn't sound low, if you had implantation on day 7 you would be fine. I usually do beta on 14dpo and it's around 50.

you're doing a follow up beta tomorrow right? I think betas vary and the important thing is that they double, so good luck on your next one.

JulesM
JulesM

June 30th, 2011, 3:29 pm #3

Hi Everyone!

I just found this board, and would like to join please! I am kind of freaking out a little because I just today got my positive HPT from my 4th IVF cycle. Of my other 3 IVF's 2 failed and one resulted in a m/c. I have been researching and testing over the last 6 months and am treating for some immune issues this time. I have positive APA, ANA, low LADs. I have been on the yahoo immune boards learning a lot! I am currently a patient of Dr Check at Cooper. I have been having mixed feelings about that practice. I like Dr Check, but have not heard anything from him at all since the initial consult. The nurse I always seem to get is really bad. Luckily I have an amazing nurse at my local clinic. She runs any test I ask for and orders any med I ask for as long as they are reasonable. She actually ran a beta yesterday at 10dpo after I told her I had a slight positive HPT. The beta was only 8.5! I really hope it goes up fast!! My P4 was 19 at 10dpo, so she is getting me on POI. Right now I am just on the endometrium. When I called Check's office about the P4 their answer with the oral prometrium. I don't understand why they would give me that over POI??? From what I have read it is not absorbed well and has side effects. I have come this far....I am taking the darn POI shots whether Cooper nurse likes it or not! Anyway I have a long story, but I won't go on and on now, Just wanted to have a place to chat about this craziness.

Elika
You will love this board... great support and resorces! Best of like and hope you have a perfect 9 months!

lucy999
lucy999

June 30th, 2011, 4:28 pm #4

Hi Everyone!

Elika
you can ask for Dr. hceck to review your file when you fax your results to them or ask to speak with dr. on call. I am Cooper check px and I always do PIos bc my p4 is always low. Don't let a mean nurse put you off. I always go with my guts. I second the PIOs.

Grad Check Chick
Grad Check Chick

June 30th, 2011, 4:53 pm #5

Hi Everyone!

Elika
I TOLD Check's nurses I wanted the absolute maximum P4 that they ever prescribe, and that was my lucky IVF cycle. Three suppositories, two pills and a shot every day. I can't remember the dosage, but boy it was a lot. It doesn't feel great but I think it did the trick for me.

Don't be afraid to call your own shots with Check's office. Love the man but it's the only way to ensure you are doing what's best for you!

Congrats and good luck!

June 30th, 2011, 6:18 pm #6

Hi Everyone!

Elika
how exciting to get a HPT+ so early

Welcome to the BB, it'll be fun to follow your happy, --very uneventful-- next 8mos

DOn't worry so much about that Beta, it's very early and it all depends on when your bean implanted.

Keep us posted
hug
juliemam

sch1star
sch1star

June 30th, 2011, 9:00 pm #7

Hi Everyone!

Elika
I don't think your beta is low for how early it is. Lots wouldn't even be detectable by then! You could go play around on the betabase, but I don't know what kind of data they have that early.

Welcome to the board...we all know how stressful a bfp is, especially early. Congrats to you, and hang in there!

July 1st, 2011, 12:28 am #8

Welcome Elika! And great news on a positive HPT.

10dpo beta of 8.5 doesn't sound low, if you had implantation on day 7 you would be fine. I usually do beta on 14dpo and it's around 50.

you're doing a follow up beta tomorrow right? I think betas vary and the important thing is that they double, so good luck on your next one.
Thanks for the welcome and the reassurance! I have my follow up beta tomorrow. My HPT was darker today, so hoping it is good news!!

July 1st, 2011, 12:28 am #9

You will love this board... great support and resorces! Best of like and hope you have a perfect 9 months!
I appreciate the welcome!

July 1st, 2011, 12:29 am #10

Thanks for the welcome and the reassurance! I have my follow up beta tomorrow. My HPT was darker today, so hoping it is good news!!
And don't feel bad asking for a third beta. If your insurance covers it and you need it for peace of mind I'd ask for it.

You can always say the first one was low so you worry and want a third one to feel good about it.

Good luck and keep us updated!

08/01/2007 TTC#1
09/26/2007 BFP
12/08/2007 m/c at 10 1/2 weeks (D&C)
1/18/2008 TTC#1 again
2/20/2008 BFP
10/22/2008 DS #1 - Sebastian is born
11/2009 TTC#2
04/2010 Referred to RE
05/2010 Fermara cycle #1
06/2010 BFP - chemical pregnancy
06/2010 CD3 - FSH 20.7 (First time I've heard of FSH)
06/2010 Fermara cycle #2
07/06/2010 AMH results in 0.10
07/12/2010 BFP - Chemical Pregnancy #2
02/13/2011 TTC with Dr. Milki in CA.
03/11/2011 BFN
03/12/2011 Decided to not cycle or TTC anymore.
04/26/2011 Missed my period by 4 days, tested and got a BFP
05/15/2011 6w4d - Saw baby and heartbeat
05/23/2011 7w5d - Baby is doing great
06/28/2011 13w1d - Baby is growing like weed, almost out of the first trimester!