My Bean is here (everything mentioned)

My Bean is here (everything mentioned)

February 22nd, 2012, 7:23 pm #1

Hi everyone,

My baby boy bean was born on 2/15; I am in complete awe and in love. He was a very big boy with a head circumference in the 98th percentile but he is absolutely perfect. I think I should have had him c section, it was very hard to say the least. He weighed in at 9 pounds 10 ounces. I needed the help of a vaccum. I pushed for 5 hours as the hardest part was him passing my pubic bone. They didn't cut me but I had many stiches. I was not prepared for a baby that big. He was about 1/2 of the weight I gained.

What got me thru a lot of the pain (epidural & labor) was me thinking of the past 4 years of heartache I have gone thru, (including the upcoming anniversary of the d&c of bean's brother or sister at 12.5 weeks), the pain and suffering of all those shots, long trips to 3 different re's and a boat load of disappointment, etc).

I went to my appointment on 2/14 and was 5 centimeters dialiated. They said I could go up to l&d or come back the next day to see what was happenning. I chose to go upstairs. My water was broken. I never took the picoticin (sp). I was in labor for over 26 hours.

It was a very surreal experience and I got to kiss him on his 1st week birthday today.

He only lost 3 oz the day he was discharged and he has already gained it back and 1 oz more when we had his weight check yesterday.

The real fun has begun.

February 22nd, 2012, 7:52 pm #2

and I didn't mean to say huge because he's a good size (my DS was 9lbs 5oz and hats off to you, I pushed for 2hrs with no progress so it was c-sec and I consider myself a big woman )

His birth sounds wonderful and I enjoyed reading this.

Enjoy these amazing first weeks, they are pure magic and it just gets better.

jm

me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura
Laura

February 22nd, 2012, 9:02 pm #3

Hi everyone,

My baby boy bean was born on 2/15; I am in complete awe and in love. He was a very big boy with a head circumference in the 98th percentile but he is absolutely perfect. I think I should have had him c section, it was very hard to say the least. He weighed in at 9 pounds 10 ounces. I needed the help of a vaccum. I pushed for 5 hours as the hardest part was him passing my pubic bone. They didn't cut me but I had many stiches. I was not prepared for a baby that big. He was about 1/2 of the weight I gained.

What got me thru a lot of the pain (epidural & labor) was me thinking of the past 4 years of heartache I have gone thru, (including the upcoming anniversary of the d&c of bean's brother or sister at 12.5 weeks), the pain and suffering of all those shots, long trips to 3 different re's and a boat load of disappointment, etc).

I went to my appointment on 2/14 and was 5 centimeters dialiated. They said I could go up to l&d or come back the next day to see what was happenning. I chose to go upstairs. My water was broken. I never took the picoticin (sp). I was in labor for over 26 hours.

It was a very surreal experience and I got to kiss him on his 1st week birthday today.

He only lost 3 oz the day he was discharged and he has already gained it back and 1 oz more when we had his weight check yesterday.

The real fun has begun.
That is wonderful. What a big boy! You are amazing. Congrats again!

Wells42
Wells42

February 22nd, 2012, 9:15 pm #4

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
Hooray Newbie!!!!! I am so happy for you! You did an AMAZING job getting him here (sounds like hard work!) and he sounds just perfect. Wonderful, wonderful news!

MargieD
MargieD

February 22nd, 2012, 9:32 pm #5

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
YAY!!!! Congratulations!!

FWIW - my nephew had to be born with the help of a vacuum. I can understand (although not fully) that it can be somewhat of a traumatic experience. It did take my SIL (and my brother) a while to get over this. You are definitely not alone in that respect.

Enjoy your little bean!!

February 22nd, 2012, 9:42 pm #6

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
Congratulations and best of luck with the next few weeks! : )

If you don't mind me asking, what was your path to this miracle? Did you have high FSH/Low AMH? Did you have to go through IVF? It is ok if you don't want to share. I just love hearing about new babies and stories like yours help give hope to me and to my sister as well.

Thank you so much!!

February 22nd, 2012, 10:00 pm #7

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
So happy to hear you are all doing well and home!
Enjoy yourselves!!!

February 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm #8

Congratulations and best of luck with the next few weeks! : )

If you don't mind me asking, what was your path to this miracle? Did you have high FSH/Low AMH? Did you have to go through IVF? It is ok if you don't want to share. I just love hearing about new babies and stories like yours help give hope to me and to my sister as well.

Thank you so much!!
My path has been rocky as most woman on this board. I am trying to remember if I posted my story before so I can just go cut and paste. But I will try to summarize. 4 years ago got pg naturally, no hb at 12.5 - D&C. A few months afterwards, introduced to a RE. . After about a year with a jerk of a RE, diagnosed with high fsh/DOR. Had had cancelled ivfs, switched REs 3 different times and got to do 2 ivf attempts, only made it to transfer once. Husband was diagnosed with male factors during this time as well. We went on to try to pursue DE ivf and that didn't work. By the Grace of God, I was able to get pregnant naturally again. I don't know what my amh levels were to correspond to my fsh so I can't help you out there. But I am living proof that someone with diagnosed high fsh can get pregnant. My road was very hard and bumpy, as so many are. Try not to give up. If I only had that high fsh board back when I was in the thick of things. Those woman know so much. I wish you and your sister all the best.

bigboy
bigboy

February 22nd, 2012, 10:26 pm #9

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
so happy for you!!

February 23rd, 2012, 1:22 am #10

Hi everyone,

The real fun has begun.
That sounds painful!! Congrats on the LO
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally