Just has a screaming fight

Just has a screaming fight

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

July 23rd, 2012, 3:54 pm #1

Hi,
This is going to sound so stupid, but i'm worried now and it's my own doing. I just had a screaming fight over the phone with someone close to me (not dh) and i mean screaming... It only lasted about 2 minutes, but i was so mad i screamed like you wouldn't believe.
Please please tell me that this won't hurt anything... I am 7 weeks.
Thanks

July 23rd, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

be prepared to be extra emotional for the rest of your pg.

hope you are feeling better, getting mad can be rather jarring.

hugs
jm

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

July 23rd, 2012, 4:49 pm #3

I'm still shaken up by it... not by the argument necessarily, but by the thought that I could have done something to the baby. I screamed so hard and so loud, it was so upsetting. I'm more concerned about the fact that I screamed hard, like with every fiber of my being, vs loud.

Stupid question part deux... do I need to get another u/s asap to make sure all is ok?

Erin
Erin

July 23rd, 2012, 4:49 pm #4

Hi,
This is going to sound so stupid, but i'm worried now and it's my own doing. I just had a screaming fight over the phone with someone close to me (not dh) and i mean screaming... It only lasted about 2 minutes, but i was so mad i screamed like you wouldn't believe.
Thanks
When I was concerned about how worried I was through the 1st trimester I talked to the nurse at my monitoring RE's clinic. She told me a story about how in her early pregnancy, her husband got in a huge car accident and had to be med-flighted to the hospital and spent days in intensive care while she was (obviously) scared to death. Her child was fine and I think now plays little league . I try to think of that story every time I get worked up and start freaking out about it. Our hormones are going crazy, so you're going to get worked up from time to time. I'm sure you and your little one will be fine! Take care and best wishes.

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

July 23rd, 2012, 4:51 pm #5

I know... logic tells me that people are having arguments all the time, pregnant or not, and many are experiencing truly life altering stressors. The thing is that I felt like my entire body was tense and screaming and the person I was arguing with and that's what scares me. Luckily this doesn't happen often.

smrc
smrc

July 23rd, 2012, 8:28 pm #6

Hi,
Thanks
doing ok at week 20!

I'm a lawyer and, at around 7 weeks, I had an absolutely SCREAMING match with an opposing lawyer on a case. This only happens to me about every 2 years. I have to admit I let it rip into him! It was surprisingly cathartic and no harm seems to be done to our little one at 20 weeks. I wouldn't worry - your incident seemed like it was over with quickly. Recurring stress/anger might be of more concern.

Hang in there! SMRC

July 23rd, 2012, 11:31 pm #7

I'm still shaken up by it... not by the argument necessarily, but by the thought that I could have done something to the baby. I screamed so hard and so loud, it was so upsetting. I'm more concerned about the fact that I screamed hard, like with every fiber of my being, vs loud.

Stupid question part deux... do I need to get another u/s asap to make sure all is ok?
I know you are worried and, heck, you'll worry no matter what (if you are anything like I was)

Hang in there (yeah, I know, easy for ME to say)
hugs
jm

July 24th, 2012, 1:13 am #8

doing ok at week 20!

I'm a lawyer and, at around 7 weeks, I had an absolutely SCREAMING match with an opposing lawyer on a case. This only happens to me about every 2 years. I have to admit I let it rip into him! It was surprisingly cathartic and no harm seems to be done to our little one at 20 weeks. I wouldn't worry - your incident seemed like it was over with quickly. Recurring stress/anger might be of more concern.

Hang in there! SMRC
Had my most stressful motion hearing ever the morning after our 6 week US. I wanted to strangle this man! And yes... everything went fine.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

July 24th, 2012, 2:53 am #9

Hi,
Thanks
I had it out with a woman at work. The women's washroom was always hideous (which was even less fun for a newly pg woman) and I got fed up and posted signs about flushing when done.

This b-tch from the floor above who used to come down and use our washrooms came down one morning and started ripping my signs off. MY FREAKIN' SIGNS OFF. Lord have mercy send down percy. What I didn't tell that woman, didn't exist to be told. I was screaming at the top of my lungs at her. I didn't stop to breath and I didn't stop until she left and I followed her out the washroom and towards the exit (thank the lord was at the end of the floor) and out the door. She was arguing back at me which made me even madder. Don't come on our floor to rip down my signs.

When I got back to my desk, I was sweating and every living soul on the floor was in complete and speechless silence. My colleague looked at me and I said "WHAT" you heard that? Yep, she said.

Then I called my dh who worked in the same building and just broke down in front of him.

That baby is now a 4 yr old boy who is sleeping happily in the next room with his brother.

Don't worry, a little increased blood flow to baby won't hurt anything.

Z.

Teresa
Teresa

July 24th, 2012, 11:06 am #10

Hi,
Thanks
Ok I will share a funny story with you but don't make fun of me....I'm allergic to bees not to mention beyond afraid of them when I see them. Deathly afraid....phobic beyond comprehension. Well at around 8 weeks I was sitting outside and a Goodyear blimp sized one is buzzing around me. I screamed bloody murder and tried to run in the house but I had somehow jammed the screen door and couldn't get in. I could hear that thing buzzing and I was screaming, sweating, hysterical, now crying...it was bad. I was sure the baby was no more. Thankfully the next day I went to the dr and all was fine. It happens. I hope you're feeling a little better. I know the worry you're feeling about it affecting the baby. Xoxo