If you did birth announcements

If you did birth announcements

January 29th, 2012, 1:06 am #1

how old was baby when you finally mailed them.

DD is 5 months and I've <em>still </em>to do this!  Wondering if it'll look dumb to do it now.

Alli
Alli

January 29th, 2012, 2:28 am #2

Not too late.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 29th, 2012, 2:34 am #3

I posted on the playgroup. What is it???

sch1star
sch1star

January 29th, 2012, 2:36 am #4

DD is 5 months and I've <em>still </em>to do this!  Wondering if it'll look dumb to do it now.
I sent mine as holiday cards, but the last batch just got mailed yesterday! Merry Xmas, it's February. Nice huh?

I don't know what E Post says, but ya know, I don't think anyone expects us to be on time for quite awhile

Absolutely you should send your announces - people will want to keep them, and once they're out of the envelopes, no one will know when they actually arrived!

Bethpky
Bethpky

January 29th, 2012, 2:43 am #5

People will enjoy seeing pictures of Lauren...that's all that matters.

I still need to finish sending out our holiday cards.

smrc
smrc

January 29th, 2012, 2:50 am #6

I posted on the playgroup. What is it???
one of those traditional dresses, with smocking/embroidery on the top part?! dates back to the victorian days? why I know this, I do not know... They're actually quite cute.

A bishop dress is a raglan sleeved (or angel wing sleeves) dress, blouse, or romper that is smocked all the way around the neckline. It evolved from the round smock worn by farm workers in England and Victorian Times Liberty Dress adapted for children and ladies.

January 29th, 2012, 4:10 am #7

and if you feel you are tardy with them, make a sweet joke about being new parents and still getting over the zombie-no-sleep phase. LOL

I was so sleep deprived and over whelmed (mainly because of the sleep thing. With good rest, I can take on the world; without, I become a quivering mess LOL) that I finally sent out my DS' info to get a birth certificate when he was 6mos old and even at that, it was an effort to fill in the form. (roll eyes)

jm

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 29th, 2012, 4:49 am #8

one of those traditional dresses, with smocking/embroidery on the top part?! dates back to the victorian days? why I know this, I do not know... They're actually quite cute.

A bishop dress is a raglan sleeved (or angel wing sleeves) dress, blouse, or romper that is smocked all the way around the neckline. It evolved from the round smock worn by farm workers in England and Victorian Times Liberty Dress adapted for children and ladies.
did you study Victorian fashion?? LOL!

OK - clearly I did not. Because I don't think I even know what smocking is. I know what a smock is - at least I think I do. I know "smocks" from kindergarten days when you put on a smock over your clothes to do handpainting.

But your description did help and I do think I now have an idea based on some photos online.

Tanya
Tanya

January 29th, 2012, 6:47 am #9

During my sleepless nights, I have found two sites with adorable announcements; tiny prints and pear tree greeting.

I don't think you are too late at all! You could even consider incorporating a valentine theme

MargieD
MargieD

January 29th, 2012, 10:53 am #10

Prior to DD being born, we found this photographer who was setting up her business. She offered to make announcements. She made several and we got to pick what we liked and tweak them. We didn't ask her but she also made a bunch with magnets. We were very pleasantly surprised. I can't remember when we sent them out, though.

If you feel guilty, maybe you could do cutie magnets instead?? Especially for the special people in your life - the ones who should get a birth announcement no matter what (i.e. family and close friends)?

Besides - you DO want to do a few birth announcements - especially as mementos for DD's keepsake box.