I passed the 3 hour glucose test with flying colors & growth u/s update

I passed the 3 hour glucose test with flying colors & growth u/s update

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 2nd, 2011, 5:23 pm #1

Everything was fine; not even borderline. Passed without any question. VERY happy about that.

Had a growth u/s yesterday (32W4D). Baby is measuring 31W3D but that fluctuation is completely normal at this stage (being 2 weeks off in either direction is nothing to be concerned about). Baby weighed 3 lbs. 15 ozs. which means that by today he's a full 4 lbs. and on track. All major organs appeared as they should; sonographer even commented and how perfect the abdomen and organs were.

I had a 2D u/s and don't be fooled! It is amazing how much detail you see in a 2D u/s at this stage. The cheeks!! Oh those cheeks. How chunky and delish they are already! The biggest update...baby will be born with a FULL head of hair. He has so much hair and it literally looks like the baby has bangs that someone gelled, combed up and to the side. The sonographer said that the baby might have ponytail length by the time he's born!

Other good news is that the Amniotic Fluid Index is measuring perfectly at 14!

The NP has me going back for BPP starting at 35 weeks and continuing weekly thereafter.

Things continue to be exciting but uneventful!

Jamie
Jamie

August 2nd, 2011, 5:31 pm #2

WHEW!

So fun that your baby has hair--mine did too at that ultrasound and now she has hair two inches long and it is so cute! People stop us all the time and comment on her hair! You will have that experience too. Everything sounds great!

sch1star
sch1star

August 2nd, 2011, 5:33 pm #3

Everything was fine; not even borderline. Passed without any question. VERY happy about that.

Had a growth u/s yesterday (32W4D). Baby is measuring 31W3D but that fluctuation is completely normal at this stage (being 2 weeks off in either direction is nothing to be concerned about). Baby weighed 3 lbs. 15 ozs. which means that by today he's a full 4 lbs. and on track. All major organs appeared as they should; sonographer even commented and how perfect the abdomen and organs were.

I had a 2D u/s and don't be fooled! It is amazing how much detail you see in a 2D u/s at this stage. The cheeks!! Oh those cheeks. How chunky and delish they are already! The biggest update...baby will be born with a FULL head of hair. He has so much hair and it literally looks like the baby has bangs that someone gelled, combed up and to the side. The sonographer said that the baby might have ponytail length by the time he's born!

The NP has me going back for BPP starting at 35 weeks and continuing weekly thereafter.

So great about the GD results - been checking here and thinking of you! Good to cross a worry like that off the list.

Baby sounds adorable! You're getting so close! Is everything ready at home?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 2nd, 2011, 5:35 pm #4

WHEW!

So fun that your baby has hair--mine did too at that ultrasound and now she has hair two inches long and it is so cute! People stop us all the time and comment on her hair! You will have that experience too. Everything sounds great!
I don't (just the occassional bout) but supposedly the old wives tale is that heartburn is a sign of a head full of hair.

I was born with a ton of hair too! My hairline connected with my eyebrows!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 2nd, 2011, 5:48 pm #5

So great about the GD results - been checking here and thinking of you! Good to cross a worry like that off the list.

Baby sounds adorable! You're getting so close! Is everything ready at home?
when I got another really horrible leg cramp the other morning in bed. How did you make out with your sleeping situation??

Yes, baby room is all set. Crib, dresser, changing table, Bose radio with iPod hook-up...all in place. Even a brand new TV - not for baby but for the sure to be sleepy-head parent stuck with rocking baby all night. The TV comes internet-ready and we've already hooked up a webcam to it so baby can Skype out. I already signed "him" up for his own Skype account.

The only missing piece: a glider! The elusive glider!! Have to figure that out very soon!!!

Rest of the house is all set too; have the pack-n-play in place next to the sofa and the mini co-sleeper bassinet next to our bed. Car seat is all set to be installed into the car but have it lounging in the living room for now. I want to make sure our furbaby gets used to all these items now rather than have them be novelty items when the baby arrives. I don't want her to associate all these new things with the baby.

I know you have ponies, right? But am I remembering correctly that you also have a dog?

Sara H (from the other board)
Sara H (from the other board)

August 2nd, 2011, 6:16 pm #6

So very glad everything is OK!

Hugs to you and all the best!
Sara H

PS- thanks for asking about Bethpky, I have been check over here a bunch to see how she is!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 2nd, 2011, 6:24 pm #7

making my way over there now.

Tanya
Tanya

August 2nd, 2011, 7:16 pm #8

So glad everything is good! That is amazing you could see all the hair. Did you get a glimpse of the sex?

Maru
Maru

August 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm #9

This is all great news! And you don't want any surprises at this stage, so its good to hear everything is on track.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 2nd, 2011, 8:11 pm #10

So glad everything is good! That is amazing you could see all the hair. Did you get a glimpse of the sex?

I made sure to remind her yet again - no sex reveals!

At this stage I think it's harder to "see" it because the baby is so big that you can only see the baby in parts on the screen. It's not like the earlier weeks where the baby's whole image fit on the screen and you could clearly see where the abdomen ends and the legs begin and you know where to look. Now the baby only fits on the screen sections at a time.

I'll shoot you an email offline.