.....i cant poop!!!

.....i cant poop!!!

bigboy
bigboy

September 7th, 2011, 11:58 pm #1

g*d damn*t!!!!! i just had some miralax, about to have some more. i didnt have this with my son - not even in the 3rd trimester....but my progesterone was a lot lower with him, do you think it's the progesterone? should i go buy stool softeners tomorrow??

bigboy
bigboy

September 8th, 2011, 12:04 am #2

i have a bad stomach ache too. im wondering if it's bc i stopped taking my pre-natals on friday...dr. told me to take a break, said it might help with the nausea (ive been taking flintstones) but i thought they had stool softeners in them...

juliemam
juliemam

September 8th, 2011, 1:03 am #3

g*d damn*t!!!!! i just had some miralax, about to have some more. i didnt have this with my son - not even in the 3rd trimester....but my progesterone was a lot lower with him, do you think it's the progesterone? should i go buy stool softeners tomorrow??
be sure to drink extra water, count the glasses if you have to.

the only thing that helped my plumbing was prune juice. I'd drink 1/2cup and wait 30 min before drinking another 1/2cup. If that didn't bring it on, I'd wait until the morning and see what happens and drink another 1/2cup if needed.

Metamucil bloated me up, stool softeners didn't help either. Seriously, prune juice was my new best friend.

The other thing I started doing was mark down the days I went. Other wise my memory was unreliable. On third day of no meaningful bathroom time, I'd reach for the prune juice. Besides, by day 4 I was starting to feel really bad.

and yeah, I'd say it's the progesterone, it relaxes the intestinal muscles. And oddly, the few times I got diarreah (sp?) it would give me hemroids. Go figure. (then witch hazel became my other new best friend)

good luck!

Whitney
Whitney

September 8th, 2011, 1:10 am #4

I took stool softeners and miralax together and it worked great. Good luck!!

bigboy
bigboy

September 8th, 2011, 1:16 am #5

okay, ill go buy stool softners tomorrow.i just took more miralax (already had it in the house for my son). i took almost a whole cap full so i dont want to take anymore tonight. ....it kind of made the water go down better though - settled my stomach - weird.
prune juice...idk if i can do that right now.....im having too many issues with drinks and food. maybe i could eat actual dried prunes. that might help.

Rebekah
Rebekah

September 8th, 2011, 2:47 am #6

Colace for sure. I took it during and after. Ask your doctor for dosage. It may take a few days. Also buy the individual prunes in the canister. Chew them up. I also took flinestones. And used the sea bands!

lucy999
lucy999

September 8th, 2011, 1:47 pm #7

P4 gives a lot of constipation

JulesM
JulesM

September 8th, 2011, 2:05 pm #8

I also take 2 sennakot and colace daily but not sure if they help at all. I am suffering from a bit of IBS during this pregnancy. I'll be mostly constipated for about a week and then I'll have a day where I need to be near the bathroom for a good 2 hrs... fun times.

sch1star
sch1star

September 9th, 2011, 4:29 am #9

My 1st tri I did Fiber One bars and they worked ok. I only did 1 per day, 3 would have been better, lol! The P4 was definitely a major culprit for me - getting off PIO was instant improvement.

But what I've since discovered and really like better - mango. Dried or fresh - if dried, no sugar added is better - mainly I think bc the sour also works on your m/s. I admit I can go through a bunch in one sitting, but they really work well!

My faves are from Whole Foods. They sell fresh cut mango and kiwi together, and the best dried ones I've had yet. The ones from Trader Joe's are also good, but WF is ahead by a mile.

Good luck!

bigboy
bigboy

September 9th, 2011, 3:58 pm #10

see i cant eat any of that stuff right now. the only thing i can eat is cereal. and im not on supplements! (my P4 was 42 at 14dpo though so who knows what it is now).

i took miralax, which surprisingly settled my stomach and made me go at the same time. i also took some colace yesterday and was able to go today. so i think im just going to mix it up b/tw those two things and see how i do.