I am sooooo frustrated

I am sooooo frustrated

Shipin
Shipin

February 9th, 2011, 5:49 am #1

So I am putting in lots of efforts to keep my GD under control ... y'day I met my dietitian and she said u r doing great and asked me some tips for her other patients (since am a vegetarian its tougher).
And there it goes ... since last night's dinner my glucose levels r elevated. No doing anything different... same routine food.
Just that been too busy since Sunday in childbirth class, hospital tour, Dr's appointments (OB/dietitian/pediatrician) that I could not manage time for my routine walking.
Now seeing this spike in glucose levels my DH and MIL are all blaming me to be not on top of it and taking it lightly and not going for walk etc etc ...
I just don't know whats going wrong ... am sooo frustrated !!!
Anyone else has any ideas where I may be going wrong suddenly ?

February 9th, 2011, 2:15 pm #2

I wonder. (I need to google that)

My mother has type 2 diabetes and through her experience, I found out that stress can raise blood sugars. stress.

Since you are working with a dietician, you are in good hands. I am sure she said stuff like low-glycemic index and switching all white flour stuff with bron (brown rice is so yummy! and quinoa is a full protein)
I used to be a vegetarian (a plump one) and only now as an omnivore, 10 yrs later (--I quit the veg because I felt I was getting sick and not doing right and just couldn't get there. and ttc, I felt I needed to "do" something different. That's me, not judging) do I realize what I was doing wrong--for me. My body and psyche does much better on a low carb diet. Lots of vegetables and fruit and lots of animal protein. Almost no grains, once a day in the form of brown rice. Seeds and nuts too.
In fact the two times I managed to catch an egg was after being on a low-carb diet for a month and more.

Maybe try to write down every morsel that you eat, over a week and see if something is slipping in without your notice (I doubt that). Try to eat your fruit during the morning and at noon time leaving vegetables and nuts as snacks for late day into evening.
Cottage cheese is yummy as a snack (I know, I know but try it. The saltiness is welcome when having a snack attack) try roasting some almonds, salting them sparingly and toss those into the cottage cheese. trust me

Mornings: cottage cheese with apple sauce (you are going to think I am addicted to cottage cheese LOL. I eat it once a day for breaky, honest)

good luck, I know this sucks but count your days or weeks, this will soon be done and you'll be holding your sweet bean in your arms and will not be able to look away

hugs
jm

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shipin
Shipin

February 9th, 2011, 4:06 pm #3

For such a detailed response. yes I am counting everything that goes in my mouth. And I was really doing great until day before y'day. Am scared of getting into insulin injection business.
Stress can be a factor ... I too read it just y'day. Last week has been a little rough for me. Lots of mood swings ... I cried for almost 1/2 Hr ... was missing my mom badly .. no apparent reason and with in laws at home you can understand how it gets. Trying to hide bad mood ... still not able to and not able to talk to anyone and frustration mounts. My DH has been so busy with office lately that I don't want to bother him with my crying spells... Huh ...
I had heard these mood swings take a toll on you ... looks like am going through it. Surprisingly when I think about it there's really nothing to upset me or am not too much worried about anything in particular. Its all so strange.
Thank god I have this forum to vent it out !!!

February 9th, 2011, 6:41 pm #4

I was so emotional when pg, it's just that the hormones bump everything up. I still remember laughing my head off at a DVD of MArgaret Cho. She is hilarious.
And those sentimental telephone commercials, wow. I'd just start crying and DH would sympathize and find it amusing at the same time. There was this very effective anti-bullying "commercial" that was so harsh, I cried. It was an adult heading to work, walking through the cubicle maze and getting bullied at every turn, similar to high school. They must have gotten a lot of complaints because it didn't run for long. I tried finding it on youtube a while ago, just to see if it would have the same impact on me but I didn't have any luck. (despite my DH saying that everything is on youtube lol)

My sympathies about having your in-laws around I am sure a short visit is nice but I am guessing they are there for a loooong one? to help with the baby?
The help will be welcome, I am sure. How I wished for help when my DS was born, I was so overwhelmed. The nursing wasn't going well, the sleeping--what sleep? that boy did not sleep like all those sleep-book describe. So I ditched the books and followed him and life got easier He's 7 now so I survived

Sleep when baby sleeps, let your MIL take care of the dishes and laundry. Even if snoozing makes you feel terribly guilty. That first month is hard (first 2 weeks, actually but every day gets easier)

vent away, my friend. I am sure many other women are feeling the same and it helps to read it, you know??
hugs
jm

FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 9th, 2011, 7:04 pm #5

that everytime my blood sugar went low, I had such nausea. :P I had been low-carbing for so long it was a habit and had to re-train myself to eat grains again. lol
I didn't mean to sound like you should be low-carbing

FSH 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shipin
Shipin

February 10th, 2011, 4:30 am #6

I was so emotional when pg, it's just that the hormones bump everything up. I still remember laughing my head off at a DVD of MArgaret Cho. She is hilarious.
And those sentimental telephone commercials, wow. I'd just start crying and DH would sympathize and find it amusing at the same time. There was this very effective anti-bullying "commercial" that was so harsh, I cried. It was an adult heading to work, walking through the cubicle maze and getting bullied at every turn, similar to high school. They must have gotten a lot of complaints because it didn't run for long. I tried finding it on youtube a while ago, just to see if it would have the same impact on me but I didn't have any luck. (despite my DH saying that everything is on youtube lol)

My sympathies about having your in-laws around I am sure a short visit is nice but I am guessing they are there for a loooong one? to help with the baby?
The help will be welcome, I am sure. How I wished for help when my DS was born, I was so overwhelmed. The nursing wasn't going well, the sleeping--what sleep? that boy did not sleep like all those sleep-book describe. So I ditched the books and followed him and life got easier He's 7 now so I survived

Sleep when baby sleeps, let your MIL take care of the dishes and laundry. Even if snoozing makes you feel terribly guilty. That first month is hard (first 2 weeks, actually but every day gets easier)

vent away, my friend. I am sure many other women are feeling the same and it helps to read it, you know??
hugs
jm

FSH 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lots of shows r making me sad or mad these days
My MIL is here to help me with the baby .. she is a Big support but at times u just need "me time" ... especially if am in one of my mood swings.
I hope this phase will pass soon. Feeling much better today
Thanks a lot for listening.

miraclebaby
miraclebaby

February 10th, 2011, 5:14 am #7

So I am putting in lots of efforts to keep my GD under control ... y'day I met my dietitian and she said u r doing great and asked me some tips for her other patients (since am a vegetarian its tougher).
And there it goes ... since last night's dinner my glucose levels r elevated. No doing anything different... same routine food.
Just that been too busy since Sunday in childbirth class, hospital tour, Dr's appointments (OB/dietitian/pediatrician) that I could not manage time for my routine walking.
Now seeing this spike in glucose levels my DH and MIL are all blaming me to be not on top of it and taking it lightly and not going for walk etc etc ...
I just don't know whats going wrong ... am sooo frustrated !!!
Anyone else has any ideas where I may be going wrong suddenly ?
So sorry you are feeling this way...i am in a similar situation and i know it can get awful. You have to be careful not to go into depression after delivery, so talk with DH and make sure you have his support because the in laws (at least from our culture) will try to suggest many things for baby..but then Mothers instinct is always best so if you want to or dont want to do something..be firm about it!
Stress does play a big role in a lot of things that go wrong...try to slow down a bit..dont worry abt what anyone says..that will just stress you even more...
I hope you dont have anymore incidents that make you cry..these are the happiest moments of you life so enjoy them as much as you can!

Shipin
Shipin

February 10th, 2011, 8:57 pm #8

I met my doc today and when I told her about the spike in glucose and getting to normal today her first question was "were u stressed?"
I understand what u r saying about in laws giving too many suggestions. My MIL does that too but slowly she is understanding that things work differently than her times. I give her the material to read which I get in all the classes ... It serves 2 purposes ... one that she feels involved and second that she gets to know what suggestions r outdated without too much denial from me. Still I know things will be little different when baby comes.