did you Dr give baby rv rotavirus vaccine?

did you Dr give baby rv rotavirus vaccine?

anonymous
anonymous

February 8th, 2012, 4:20 pm #1

I was reading about it and now it is too late because we missed the first dose.

February 8th, 2012, 6:39 pm #2

At two months. But, my nephew, who was born four days after my little one, didn't receive one. He sees a different pedi, so it seems to vary from practice to practice. Not sure why...

Hugs,
Meg

Alli
Alli

February 8th, 2012, 7:47 pm #3

After all 5 of us contracted a rotavirus over Xmas (obviously not covered with vaccine), I'll do everything in my power to keep those horrible viruses away!!

Laura
Laura

February 8th, 2012, 10:17 pm #4

But he was also preemie, so the peds really pay attention to the vaccines in the first year.

What do you mean it's too late? Can't they just start at the next appt and chart that you're 1 dose behind? It should still be effective.

February 9th, 2012, 12:27 am #5

Not sure why... I read something about it causing febrile seizures in older babies...

Hugs,
Meg

Rebekah
Rebekah

February 9th, 2012, 12:41 am #6

It was only studied by the manufacturers at these specific time frames: 2,4, 6 months. They don't know how well it works preventative for older babies. Dr sears suggests in the first month it could be a matter of when not if. But complications are rare. It's just ugly. Just be watchful of dehydration. If you BF and are not in day are your chances of contracting decrease.

Laura
Laura

February 9th, 2012, 2:22 am #7

Not sure why... I read something about it causing febrile seizures in older babies...

Hugs,
Meg
Oh; hadn't heard this. Thanks for the info! nt