Charley Horse..in left side?

Charley Horse..in left side?

AnonMon
AnonMon

July 31st, 2012, 5:50 pm #1

Anyone ever get this sensation? Had it last week on left side only and got stuck while sitting down. Called the OB and he had me come in just to make sure all was ok (it was) and he said it's common round ligament pain. It happened again today. Now I usually feel a stretching in my lower abdomen but this really feels like a charley horse- anyone else?

anon, 2
anon, 2

July 31st, 2012, 7:06 pm #2

try drinking even more water. (NT)

Laura
Laura

July 31st, 2012, 7:13 pm #3

Anyone ever get this sensation? Had it last week on left side only and got stuck while sitting down. Called the OB and he had me come in just to make sure all was ok (it was) and he said it's common round ligament pain. It happened again today. Now I usually feel a stretching in my lower abdomen but this really feels like a charley horse- anyone else?
When I was really constipated about a week ago, i had something similar...changing positions was agony. I allowed myself a cup of coffee, and after I was all clear, the pains went away.

AnonMon
AnonMon

July 31st, 2012, 7:18 pm #4

I'm not constipated, went 2X today but could be gas. Drinking plenty of water. Thank you though.

Teresa
Teresa

July 31st, 2012, 9:21 pm #5

I have gotten this pain when I move too fast. My friends who have had babies tell me this is totally normal and it's growing pains

Wells42
Wells42

August 2nd, 2012, 4:26 am #6

It sounds like round ligament pain. I swam during both of my pregnancies, and I always had to take the first laps really slooooow because I would get a pinching, tugging pain on one side or the other (Charlie horse was a great description). I couldn't avoid it - I just had to go slow and work through it and it would go away. It was the worst about midway through the second trimester, but I think it can start much earlier that that. Hope you're feeling better.