Are there any MA ladies who were successful getting P4/E2 monitored/adjusted long term?

Are there any MA ladies who were successful getting P4/E2 monitored/adjusted long term?

Erin
Erin

May 22nd, 2012, 5:22 pm #1

Sorry for the posts... I posted below, but just struck out with C.ooper, so I'm left trying to figure out if anyone has had success finding a doc that will monitor and adjust E2 and P4 locally (in MA) long term (like to 12wks). I know E2 monitoring is not terribly common, but mine is definitely on the low side so I don't feel comfortable going off it any time soon. Has anyone had any luck with this in MA? I am 5wks 3 days today, and C.ornell already wants me off the E2 already and then to start tapering off the P4 at 7wks, so I don't have tons of time. Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

May 22nd, 2012, 10:15 pm #2

If you are looking for an OB to monitor or an RE to help past 8 wk mark? I remember the name of Dr Cardonne being one that worked with ladies with high FSH and the like. He might be more open to keeping a close eye on E2 and P4. I think some folks used him for local monitoring while working with Dr Check. I think he is in Stoneham? GL

May 23rd, 2012, 2:01 am #3

Sorry for the posts... I posted below, but just struck out with C.ooper, so I'm left trying to figure out if anyone has had success finding a doc that will monitor and adjust E2 and P4 locally (in MA) long term (like to 12wks). I know E2 monitoring is not terribly common, but mine is definitely on the low side so I don't feel comfortable going off it any time soon. Has anyone had any luck with this in MA? I am 5wks 3 days today, and C.ornell already wants me off the E2 already and then to start tapering off the P4 at 7wks, so I don't have tons of time. Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
and congrats on your PG!

I'm from the area, but not too much help. Dr. C.ardone in Stoneham monitored me my last two PGs in the early weeks. But, the weird thing is that he never monitored e2, just p4 and beta. My p4 was low for my last pg so he monitored it longer than usual...probably around nine weeks or so and by then the many supps I was taking helped.

My OB would NOT test it. So weird. I guess if I really felt uncomfortable with that I would've gone back to Dr. C.ardone. But, I had a feeling all was well, and it ended up being OK, but I did take the p4 longer than Dr. C.ardone and my OB said to.

If I were in your shoes, I'd check in with Dr. C.ardone if you can't find anyone in your practice who'll do it. He's a good guy. Tell him you heard wonderful things about him online and we all said he'd help, LOL!

GOOD LUCK!

Hugs,
Meg

Erin
Erin

May 23rd, 2012, 2:45 am #4

Maybe I will call C.ardone and butter him up as you suggest... If that doesn't work, hopefully I can find a compassionate OB or just go totally rogue and continue my E2 and P4 support myself. Thanks so much for your thoughts! Looking forward and hoping to get beyond this point to a safer place!

anonforthis
anonforthis

May 23rd, 2012, 12:21 pm #5

But I did quite a bit of research into p4 and e2 in early pregnancy and came away believing that monitoring doesn't do much good. If I were you, I would just keep supplementing, until 10 or 12 weeks, and then maybe check then before weaning off.

sch1star
sch1star

May 24th, 2012, 2:50 pm #6

My OB was sensitive to RE recs (tho she rolled her eyes at times) and even to my personal requests/concerns after release. For example I wanted to continue p4 supp and monitoring beyond the 7w and I wanted to taper, not stop cold turkey. I'm west of the city and use C@ncord OB. You are welcome to use my name if you try them...email me at screen name - g.mail.

The Emers@n MFM folks were also very supportive in this regard.

Congrats

Erin
Erin

May 24th, 2012, 7:53 pm #7

I appreciate the recommendation! I was able to touch base with the practice karma recommended and got a good vibe, so I've made an appt there. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll hit you up on email. Thanks again!

Erin
Erin

May 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm #8

But I did quite a bit of research into p4 and e2 in early pregnancy and came away believing that monitoring doesn't do much good. If I were you, I would just keep supplementing, until 10 or 12 weeks, and then maybe check then before weaning off.
It's good to hear what your research showed. I'm going to try to stress about it a little less (we'll see if that actually works out...). In any case, thanks again for your response!

sch1star
sch1star

May 25th, 2012, 1:59 am #9

I appreciate the recommendation! I was able to touch base with the practice karma recommended and got a good vibe, so I've made an appt there. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll hit you up on email. Thanks again!
No prob - GL! Nt