Anyone ever have a kidney stone?

Anyone ever have a kidney stone?

Teresa
Teresa

August 8th, 2012, 8:09 pm #1

I just came back from the dr, had an emergency appointment this afternoon after I had more pain in my side and now radiating to my back. Was seen a couple weeks ago for this pain that had been really uncomfortable and didn't feel like the usual round ligament pain.

He did an us today and thinks it could be another small fibroid but he couldn't be 100% or -he thinks that because the pain is radiating to my back( left side) is that it could be a kidney stone. He wasnt sure so He has me going to a radiologist in the morning to find out what's going on, good news is the baby is fine and he assured me if it's a kidney stone, that it won't hurt the baby. , just wondering if anyone has has this before. Thanks for your help!

mel
mel

August 8th, 2012, 10:28 pm #2

UGH! I have never had a kidney stone, but my DH has had them twice. He also gets terrible back pains when he has them and has even asked me if I kicked him in the back while we were sleeping because it was also really tender to the touch. He describes them as super painful. For him, he would also have to pee A LOT or feel like he needed to every few minutes. It also made him nauseous. Are you having any other symptoms besides back pain on the left side?

Glad you are getting in to see a doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to shed some light on what is causing you pain. I hope you feel better soon!

Sara H
Sara H

August 8th, 2012, 10:42 pm #3

I just came back from the dr, had an emergency appointment this afternoon after I had more pain in my side and now radiating to my back. Was seen a couple weeks ago for this pain that had been really uncomfortable and didn't feel like the usual round ligament pain.

He did an us today and thinks it could be another small fibroid but he couldn't be 100% or -he thinks that because the pain is radiating to my back( left side) is that it could be a kidney stone. He wasnt sure so He has me going to a radiologist in the morning to find out what's going on, good news is the baby is fine and he assured me if it's a kidney stone, that it won't hurt the baby. , just wondering if anyone has has this before. Thanks for your help!
Well, there is no good to this but... maybe a better? Better this than something with the baby?

I am so sorry, good luck and I hope they can do something to make you feel better?

Sending... umm... quick passing?... thoughts your way!

Sara H

Teresa
Teresa

August 8th, 2012, 11:32 pm #4

Pain got unbearable so dr sent me to thr hospital Just in bed waiting to see what the heck is going on.

Laura
Laura

August 8th, 2012, 11:41 pm #5

Pain is so unnerving. I have heard kidney stones hurt A LOT. I can imagine they're worse when pg. I hope you get some answers soon!

Erin
Erin

August 8th, 2012, 11:49 pm #6

Pain got unbearable so dr sent me to thr hospital Just in bed waiting to see what the heck is going on.
Pain is really scary when you're pregnant, but it doesn't sound like it's anything that harming your baby (just you... yay? ). As for kidney stones, I've never had one myself but I've seen several people in the throws of them. As was said above, they tend to be quite painful and the pain tends to be colicky (like rhythmic- comes in waves) and is often accompanied by nausea. Fortunately the treatment is usually just to push fluids- I know, more water- just what we all want- but fairly noninvasive as treatments go. Please keep us updated! Thinking of you and hope you're feeling better soon!

August 9th, 2012, 12:33 am #7

with lemon water. A lot. I mean a lot. Being dehydrated can cause them and drink dark colored liquids can cause them. And they do really hurt. DH has not taken off work since I've known him for when he had the swine flu and when he had kidney stones. They just knocked him off his feet with the pain. Hope it gets better soon!

Teresa
Teresa

August 9th, 2012, 2:10 am #8

Staying the night, the doctors want me here to run I v and to strain my urine to see if I pass a stone. They won't know if it's a stone til tomorrow when I get a renal us but they are pretty certain it's stones or an infection. So much pain!!!! Noond drinks more water than me and I mentioned this to the drs but they said kidney stones and infections are very common with pregnancy. Thanks for your thoughts! In triage for the night next to a woman yapping on her cell, it's going to be a looooong night! Xxoo

Sara H
Sara H

August 9th, 2012, 3:02 am #9

Ask the nurse, LOUDLY, when quite hours start... while pointing at the curtain next to you and rolling your eyes like crazy! Either the nurse will get the message or they will admit you to the phych. ward, either way it will be quieter!

I also know that re-hydrating drinks, like Gatorade, can cause them, too... not that you care right now I bet, you just want them GONE! The hospital should be able to do a urine test tonight to see if it's an infection, though, yes?

Either way I am so sorry, glad you are there (once Ms.Loudy-MacLoudenstine shuts up!) and I hope they can give you something so you can get some sleep!

Keep us updated and FEEL BETTER! (that's an order!)

HUGS!
Sara H

PS- if you are going nuttzy, three fun websites are: "www.Games.com" for games and "www.mentalfloss.com", if you like random trivia, cool science and funky stuff! Also, check out "www.Snopes.com" to read about everything from wedding/baby traditions and old wives tales and cool urban legends. Some great ways to waste time in a distracting way! Hope it helps!

Erin
Erin

August 9th, 2012, 3:24 am #10

Staying the night, the doctors want me here to run I v and to strain my urine to see if I pass a stone. They won't know if it's a stone til tomorrow when I get a renal us but they are pretty certain it's stones or an infection. So much pain!!!! Noond drinks more water than me and I mentioned this to the drs but they said kidney stones and infections are very common with pregnancy. Thanks for your thoughts! In triage for the night next to a woman yapping on her cell, it's going to be a looooong night! Xxoo
So sorry Teresa. It really sucks to be admitted, and sucks even worse to be right next to a loud-mouth. Have you tried telling the nurse how much it's bothering you and how you and your baby would really like to get some rest?? Don't worry about the neighbor hearing and getting upset- she should know how obnoxious she's being! Sorry you're in so much pain, but I'm sure it will be better soon. IV fluids often will do the trick of pushing those pesky stones out. I don't know if you've been taking many TUMS or calcium supplements, but those can cause stones too. Hoping for a quick passage of your little pebbles and a very speedy recovery!

Along the lines of Sara H's suggestions, have you been back on pinterest lately to look for baby stuff? Kinda fun way to pass time! And another game site I like is "sporcle.com"- more games/trivia sort of stuff. Thinking of you and please let us know how things go tomorrow!