antibiotic for the whole trimester??!!

antibiotic for the whole trimester??!!

February 4th, 2012, 11:23 pm #1

Ok so when I first went to cooper, Dr check did some culture rest and it happened that I had ureaplasma, he put both me and DH on 2 weeks of doxicycline (spelling!!) Then I tested again and was all clean. No more ureaoplasma. Thank g-d.this was 3 month ago.

So now I did an IVF with him and got my bfp 5 days ago. he now wants me to take zithromax(anti biotic) one per day for the whole first trimester. I take it every other other week. Meaning take 7 days stop 7 days and so on....

He said even the culture showed neg I may still have some bacteria in the inner layers. I do trust Dr check 150% but I am scared to take so much med during prg and I am scared not to take it. Any one ever had the same or possible similar experience.

Ps, this was my 4 th IVF but first transfer, I never have made it to transfer before. Never had a chemical or miscarriage. I have endo stage 4. And I think his purpose is to prevent miscarriage.

lucy999
lucy999

February 4th, 2012, 11:42 pm #2

he just gave me Doxy for an iui because I always get sick when anything goes into my body.

He is usually right. I believe that if everything checks out, he may have you stop. I would maybe start the medication and retest in a month or so. hope all is going well.

Laura
Laura

February 5th, 2012, 3:19 am #3

Ok so when I first went to cooper, Dr check did some culture rest and it happened that I had ureaplasma, he put both me and DH on 2 weeks of doxicycline (spelling!!) Then I tested again and was all clean. No more ureaoplasma. Thank g-d.this was 3 month ago.

So now I did an IVF with him and got my bfp 5 days ago. he now wants me to take zithromax(anti biotic) one per day for the whole first trimester. I take it every other other week. Meaning take 7 days stop 7 days and so on....

He said even the culture showed neg I may still have some bacteria in the inner layers. I do trust Dr check 150% but I am scared to take so much med during prg and I am scared not to take it. Any one ever had the same or possible similar experience.

Ps, this was my 4 th IVF but first transfer, I never have made it to transfer before. Never had a chemical or miscarriage. I have endo stage 4. And I think his purpose is to prevent miscarriage.
I was on antibiotics several times late in my pregnancy...every time I went to the hospital for preterm labor they treated me like I was going to deliver that day so they put me on antibiotics in case of group b strep. It's worse for an infection to spread which could actually harm or even kill your baby. Your immune system is weaker right now b/c you are pg, so that's why he is being really careful. Your body can't take care of small amounts like it could if you were not pg.

February 5th, 2012, 5:59 am #4

If he says you should take it then I would take it. You don't want an infection.