A follow-up to behind growth post below- back on track! :)

A follow-up to behind growth post below- back on track! :)

Erin
Erin

June 7th, 2012, 7:50 pm #1

Thanks to everyone who posted below about measuring 2-3 days behind. Just wanted to update that I went in for an u/s today (1 wk later) and the little guy is right on track- 7weeks 5days w/ a heart rate of 157bpm! I am feeling relieved for today. Unfortunately that relief tends to wear off a few days post-u/s, but I'm hoping to keep it up for 2 weeks until the next u/s... Thanks so much again for your help last week!

p.s. E2 is picking up too, so there's hope those of us with low E2 early on!

Teresa
Teresa

June 7th, 2012, 8:16 pm #2

That is GREAT news, I know you're relieved!!
Good, strong heartbeat too, super!!!
Just an FYI- don't panic if occassionally, the bean goes back to measuring a day or two behind or even jumps ahead a day or two, it's still All good and definitely normal, but I TOTALLY get wanting to be "right on track" !
Try to enjoy todays visit before the panic sets in for the next one (TOTALLY get that, too, lol)
YAY!!

Laura
Laura

June 7th, 2012, 8:59 pm #3

Thanks to everyone who posted below about measuring 2-3 days behind. Just wanted to update that I went in for an u/s today (1 wk later) and the little guy is right on track- 7weeks 5days w/ a heart rate of 157bpm! I am feeling relieved for today. Unfortunately that relief tends to wear off a few days post-u/s, but I'm hoping to keep it up for 2 weeks until the next u/s... Thanks so much again for your help last week!

And a high heart rate...could mean a girl! Hope you find some way to relax for the next couple of weeks!

mel
mel

June 7th, 2012, 9:45 pm #4

Great news! Congrats on a great appointment!

June 8th, 2012, 1:02 am #5

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erin
Erin

June 8th, 2012, 1:40 pm #6

I am feeling relieved (with the somewhat quieter background noise of ever-present anxiety of course... ). Thanks again and hope you guys are well!

p.s. Laura- we'll see about the gender. I used to think I would be someone who would keep it as a surprise until delivery but I really don't think so anymore. I'd love to know!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2012, 2:45 pm #7

you have soooo much to be hopeful with such a strong h/b and everything measuring on track and hitting 8 weeks - that right there is a big milestone!! Sounds like things are shaping up well with your E2 rising. Please be prepared though to see a potential dip in E2. As the crossover to placenta takes place you see a dip and then a rise again eventually. Thought I'd mention that since you're heading into that crossover territory in terms of weeks. Seeing this dip sent me into a frantic tailspin at 10 weeks and I convinced myself, (with not a single supporting shred of evidence!!), that I was miscarrying. The nurse had even forwarned me about this dip and yet I still became a bawling lunatic. Lunacy aside, everything turned out fine!!

All the best to you!

Sara H
Sara H

June 8th, 2012, 2:58 pm #8

Sweet! Now, let that carry you though the weekend! :-) (NT)

Erin
Erin

June 8th, 2012, 3:54 pm #9

you have soooo much to be hopeful with such a strong h/b and everything measuring on track and hitting 8 weeks - that right there is a big milestone!! Sounds like things are shaping up well with your E2 rising. Please be prepared though to see a potential dip in E2. As the crossover to placenta takes place you see a dip and then a rise again eventually. Thought I'd mention that since you're heading into that crossover territory in terms of weeks. Seeing this dip sent me into a frantic tailspin at 10 weeks and I convinced myself, (with not a single supporting shred of evidence!!), that I was miscarrying. The nurse had even forwarned me about this dip and yet I still became a bawling lunatic. Lunacy aside, everything turned out fine!!

All the best to you!
Your message means a lot. Your reassurance made me smile this morning so thank you!!! Thank you also for the warning about the dip- in case it's not obvious, I am quite prone to becoming a bawling lunatic myself so that's really good to know. I am staying on the E2 patches until 11-12 weeks (or longer if numbers are not looking good then) even though I'm not sure they're doing much (E2 has been good on the 6th day the patch has been on when it traditionally would have lost most of it's juice) but it makes me feel better and who knows, so I keep it on.

As I told the NP I saw at the OB's office yesterday, for this to go well is so utterly out of sync with the rest of my experiences with my body over the past 20yrs so it's really hard to trust in it. The reassuring messages really help though, so thank you so much.

Erin
Erin

June 8th, 2012, 3:54 pm #10

Sweet! Now, let that carry you though the weekend! :-) (NT)
Thank you! nt