9 week u/s - baby moving/looks good (still poss SCH?)

9 week u/s - baby moving/looks good (still poss SCH?)

ALM
ALM

August 9th, 2011, 4:06 am #1

Good Evening Ladies,

I went for my 9 week u/s today and baby is measuring right at 9 weeks, strong h/b, good estrogen and progesterone levels, and the little dude is moving a lot! I hope I'm not stressing him/her out with all my work related stress. So, all looks good, except.....

The nurse did say there is some blood or a blood clot that will need to be monitored. It's along one side of the uterine wall, and the baby is seperate in his little cacoon (placenta) that is being built. She said "It will have to come out at some point". I was horrified. Does this mean another gushing scene is inevitable? She later said "Your body may absorb it".

Crazy, but I don't think they know for sure what the heck is up on these things. From reading others experience, they can't seem to give any of us a clear, concise explanation as to why these things happen. Anyhow, that's my update. I'm still on progesterone....no tapering off yet ;(.

Here's to hoping everyone else is ticking along and business as usual.

Kristen
Kristen

August 9th, 2011, 6:11 am #2

So happy to hear you and the baby are doing great! Sounds like you have good news on the SCH too - the farther away from the baby (and placenta) it is the better. The clot could do either, bleed out or absorb, when I had one, it did both, but for many, there are not continued bleeding episodes, it just heals and fades over time. Mine was discovered around 9 weeks, I had bleeding through 13 weeks and it was finally healed around 20 weeks - DS was A-OK the whole time.

Did your doctor measure the clot to gauge how big it is? Typically, they measure to monitor size and help determine if it is healing. Be sure to drink lots of water to help prevent uterine contractions which can contribute to future bleeding and stay off your feet as much as you can.

Best of luck for speedy healing!

K

August 9th, 2011, 12:35 pm #3

Good Evening Ladies,

I went for my 9 week u/s today and baby is measuring right at 9 weeks, strong h/b, good estrogen and progesterone levels, and the little dude is moving a lot! I hope I'm not stressing him/her out with all my work related stress. So, all looks good, except.....

The nurse did say there is some blood or a blood clot that will need to be monitored. It's along one side of the uterine wall, and the baby is seperate in his little cacoon (placenta) that is being built. She said "It will have to come out at some point". I was horrified. Does this mean another gushing scene is inevitable? She later said "Your body may absorb it".

Crazy, but I don't think they know for sure what the heck is up on these things. From reading others experience, they can't seem to give any of us a clear, concise explanation as to why these things happen. Anyhow, that's my update. I'm still on progesterone....no tapering off yet ;(.

I'm so glad you got a reassuring view of your little one

As for the SCH, it could go either way. With one of my PGs, I bled it out...not a lot of gushing, though. For my second PG with SCH, I didn't even know I had one until they saw it on u/s. They said I may or may not bleed. I never did.

GL and keep us posted.

Hugs,
Meg

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 9th, 2011, 1:16 pm #4

Good Evening Ladies,

those u/s views are so reassuring!! And glad to hear you have nothing to worry about with the E2 and P4.

Along with what Meg said, with those SCHs anything sort of goes and no 2 are the same and they seem to be not uncommon. I had a very small one and it resolved all on it's own very quickly and without any symptoms whatsoever. Most important is that they are on top of it.

go enjoy a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake.

JulesM
JulesM

August 9th, 2011, 2:59 pm #5

Good Evening Ladies,

I'm sorry about the clot though, I can only imagine that must be scary. At least you will know that it is most likely the casue if you do start to spot/bleed. Hoping it will resolve on it's own.

Maru
Maru

August 9th, 2011, 4:06 pm #6

Good Evening Ladies,

Great scan and hoping that you don't get to see more blood even if you know that the SCH is there it's always scary to see blood.

I had bleeding on and off this time and even though I had the same with #1 I still worried sick everytime i saw anything!

hope you get out of the first trimester soon so you can start worrying about other things

sch1star
sch1star

August 9th, 2011, 6:19 pm #7

Good Evening Ladies,

Of what's going on, I mean - good info for you! I am sorry it's still there, but glad you have a better understanding of where, etc and that baby is doing well. Movement is the best thing! A busy baby is a healthy one!

Hang in there. Another few weeks and things will start to feel a whole lot less scary!

Tanya
Tanya

August 9th, 2011, 6:50 pm #8

Good Evening Ladies,

I agree with PP that its great the baby is moving around so much and it must be reassuring that the baby is protected from the clot. I know it is hard not to worry but everything sounds like it is going good.

August 9th, 2011, 10:54 pm #9

Good Evening Ladies,

Great update! I hope your body absorbs the blood. It is a scary thing, went thru it a few weeks back. The good thing is you know about a head of time even though any time you see blood its scary. Onwards and upwards.

ALM
ALM

August 10th, 2011, 2:59 am #10

Good Evening Ladies,

I appreciate the support. Time seems to be going by soooooo slowly. Probably b/c noone knows! As many of you know, it's pretty tortuous and the longer this goes on, the more tortured I feel. Good Luck to All!