Problems with bullets

January 26th, 2018, 10:50 pm #11

How many bullets does $175 get you?

January 27th, 2018, 12:24 am #12

I just received my order of Remington 148 wadcutter, and I'm having nothing but problems with misfires. I was loading Zero 148 wad cutters previously with no problems. I get 1 or 2 squib rounds every cylinder full. I have no problems with the double ended wad cutters I'm loading now.I don't know how to fix this problem other than ditching these bullets. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave.
I was just reading your message about Rem. HBWC bullet heads. You reported misfires and squib loads. These are completely different things. Or,are you having both? I also recently received 2000 Rem. bullets. I just went out and looked a mine and see no lube inside the hollow base and very little on the bottom edge. I'm with JB, I doubt that the lube is the problem. Try this. Prepare about 20 cases (resize/deprime, flare mouth/insert new primer/ hand measure and add powder) Then add the bullet, hand seat and crimp. This will insure that you have sufficient powder to accurately fire the round. If it doesn't work, then the only thing it could be is powder that has somehow become contaminated.

January 27th, 2018, 12:36 am #13

Midway is out of stock, just checked. My distributor just got some in. I can get them for $175.99 for a limited time dropped shipped to you if interested, this includes the shipping. This is best price since last time.
I am interested in Remmington 148 HBWC. Can you put me in touch with your distributor or do I go thru you.

January 27th, 2018, 1:06 am #14

How many bullets does $175 get you?
This is a case price 2000, only way I can get them

January 27th, 2018, 1:07 am #15

I am interested in Remmington 148 HBWC. Can you put me in touch with your distributor or do I go thru you.
You will need to go thru me. They sell to FFL only

January 27th, 2018, 1:11 am #16

And you have to have an account with them. They had a special going. Normally I get $210 for them incl shipping. There is a $5 drop ship fee also in addition. If you need or want some let me know as soon as possible and you can send me a check and I will have them hold some at that price.

January 28th, 2018, 5:26 pm #17

I was just reading your message about Rem. HBWC bullet heads. You reported misfires and squib loads. These are completely different things. Or,are you having both? I also recently received 2000 Rem. bullets. I just went out and looked a mine and see no lube inside the hollow base and very little on the bottom edge. I'm with JB, I doubt that the lube is the problem. Try this. Prepare about 20 cases (resize/deprime, flare mouth/insert new primer/ hand measure and add powder) Then add the bullet, hand seat and crimp. This will insure that you have sufficient powder to accurately fire the round. If it doesn't work, then the only thing it could be is powder that has somehow become contaminated.
Thanks for all the replies. I think I used the wrong term misfired. The bullets actually fired, but we're stuck in the barrel. I was using Winchester WST powder, and had nothing but problems. I switched to Bullseye powder, and all bullets fired. I hope the change of powder has solved my problems, now my only complaint is the messy bullet lube. Thanks, Dave.

January 28th, 2018, 6:06 pm #18

Dave, I am curious now, what powder charge were you using with the WST? Unless it is contaminated should have no problems with WST.
The bullet lube is a dry graphite base and can be messy, but the accuracy makes up for that in my opinion. "If " lube imbeds itself in the bore under heat, may even be a plus.

January 29th, 2018, 12:37 am #19

I was using 2.7 WST. The bullet lube on my bullets is not a dry graphite based lube. It is a black oily substance. Its actually wet to the touch, that why I thought it could be contaminating the powder. There's nothing dry about this lube. In all the time I've been reloading, I've never run across bullet lube like this.

January 29th, 2018, 2:17 am #20

2.7 WST is good load, should work fine. You are saying no problems with BE now. Suggest you try what Hutch suggested and don't use your powder measure and weigh them out. Load up with the Remington's and see what happens. "Again", what kind of measure are you using???
The lube is a dry graphite base, but you are right it is sticky nasty stuff.
Smell your powder and if smells acidity possibly bad or contaminated.
The load data is good, so can only be the powder or powder measure acting goofy. If it is a Dillon they will act up and dump light loads with some powders, especially if dirty.