XII Meeting Club Panerai in Viareggio/Italy - primo parte

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

XII Meeting Club Panerai in Viareggio/Italy - primo parte

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:06 pm #1

....allora!

Returned from Viareggio/Italy today, where the XII Meeting Club Panerai was held - another great weekend in Tuscany behind.

I'll start with the first part of my report below. I hope you enjoy!

Last monday was a little "pre meeting" in my house because Ralf picked up Ron Welldon aka "The Lonan Ranger" at the Frankfurt airport which is not far away from my place. Since this was on their plan for weeks, I asked if they would stop by at my place for an italian coffee, of which we are big fans (not to say we are nuts for Espresso...)

On wednesday evening I prepared my stuff and got my gear ready for the trip. I placed my 3646 on the flag of Viareggio's carnival mascot, the "Burlamacco":

Thursday early afternoon I arrived at the intl. airport in Pisa, Galileo Galilei. Touchdown! Brilliant weather welcomed me.

Ralf and Jens picked me up with a rental car, which brought us to the hotel. On the autostrade A11 from Pisa to Viareggio:

Italian car, italian watch - of course. "Yogi-shot" of Ralf's wrist (6152/1 Angelus):

Soon later we arrived in Lido di Camaiore, right next to Viareggio.

Hotel Club I Pini was again our place. Wonderful historic building of the famous italian artist Galileo Chini (1873 - 1956).

Soon after we were sitting in the frontyard a little snack was served by the kind hotel staff - delicious!

After a while we decided to take a walk to the promenade and the pier of Lido di Camaiore.

We stopped by at the bar Il Pinolo, where we have always a coffee or light lunch on the first day (its all about tradition...): my fuel!

...more fuel

A few minutes later we arrived the pier, where we had a fantastic view:

Ron behind the camera, Marcus, Ralf, Jens and yours truly:

A view to Lido di Camaiore:

Before we went back to the hotel to welcome more guests, we stopped by at the local watchmaker, who took a view of Marcus' 6152/1 with rotating plexi bezel:

Back in the frontyard of the hotel we found Marion, Ralf and Ron who just arrived - meeting good friends again... thats what its all about!

...and the Panerai watches are the reason why we all know us! Different 6152/1 watches: Angelus movement / Rolex movement and rotating plexi bezel / Rolex movement and 8 mm crown - all Luminors.

Inbetween the OT-part of my posting: some of us are Red Wing passionates as well:

Always a place to have good times: the frontyard of the Hotel Club I Pini:

Heike sporting some nice watches..:

Cheers, Asi! Good to see you again... last time we met half around the globe in Australia...

...more fuel for me:

Frank Franzese all the way from Melbourne - you ROCK!

Next stop: Pizza Conti!

Ralf in "serious mode" sporting a 3646:

Our host, Piero Lapiana and his wife Rita arrived to welcome us on that thursday evening:

After the dinner the Grappa was fleeding...

Asi and Ron very relaxed:

Also relaxed but different: Marcus and Ralf:

Marion, don't worry - its just the Grappa!

We were chatting into the night. Good times.

Thats all for the first day report. If you got that far: thanks for looking and stay tuned for part 2.

Cheers,
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:20 pm #2

panerai4life
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:25 pm #3

....allora!

Returned from Viareggio/Italy today, where the XII Meeting Club Panerai was held - another great weekend in Tuscany behind.

Last monday was a little "pre meeting" in my house because Ralf picked up Ron Welldon aka "The Lonan Ranger" at the Frankfurt airport which is not far away from my place. Since this was on their plan for weeks, I asked if they would stop by at my place for an italian coffee, of which we are big fans (not to say we are nuts for Espresso...)

On wednesday evening I prepared my stuff and got my gear ready for the trip. I placed my 3646 on the flag of Viareggio's carnival mascot, the "Burlamacco":

Thursday early afternoon I arrived at the intl. airport in Pisa, Galileo Galilei. Touchdown! Brilliant weather welcomed me.

Ralf and Jens picked me up with a rental car, which brought us to the hotel. On the autostrade A11 from Pisa to Viareggio:

Italian car, italian watch - of course. "Yogi-shot" of Ralf's wrist (6152/1 Angelus):

Hotel Club I Pini was again our place. Wonderful historic building of the famous italian artist Galileo Chini (1873 - 1956).

Soon after we were sitting in the frontyard a little snack was served by the kind hotel staff - delicious!

After a while we decided to take a walk to the promenade and the pier of Lido di Camaiore.

We stopped by at the bar Il Pinolo, where we have always a coffee or light lunch on the first day (its all about tradition...): my fuel!

...more fuel

Before we went back to the hotel to welcome more guests, we stopped by at the local watchmaker, who took a view of Marcus' 6152/1 with rotating plexi bezel:

Back in the frontyard of the hotel we found Marion, Ralf and Ron who just arrived - meeting good friends again... thats what its all about!

...and the Panerai watches are the reason why we all know us! Different 6152/1 watches: Angelus movement / Rolex movement and rotating plexi bezel / Rolex movement and 8 mm crown - all Luminors.

Inbetween the OT-part of my posting: some of us are Red Wing passionates as well:

Cheers, Asi! Good to see you again... last time we met half around the globe in Australia...

...more fuel for me:

Our host, Piero Lapiana and his wife Rita arrived to welcome us on that thursday evening:

Thats all for the first day report. If you got that far: thanks for looking and stay tuned for part 2.

Cheers,
Volker

that was a fun read, really enjoyed it

"Passion is way beyond any explanation or imagination"

MarkSanders
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:47 pm #4

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

I really love the vintage Panerai's and looks you had a great time!

Greetings,

Mark

clifW
Paneristi
clifW
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:51 pm #5

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

-

dukerules
Paneristi
dukerules
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 7:55 pm #6

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

Vintage Panerai, great people, beautiful surroundings, and Red Wings. I know I'd be in heaven! TFS.

Chapel Hill, NC

ricciardo
New User
ricciardo
New User

May 6th, 2012, 8:12 pm #7

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

..... Dear Volker, I've been so glad to see you and the "bunch" of Panerai fellows one more time here in Italy ! !

A damned and sudden acute lumbalgia put my back out ,so yesterday I could't hug every one of you.... ( but I want to thank you for your welcomed presence to our meeting ! !

Thank you again and -hoping to see you soon- I can cheer you only saying...... DECIMA ! !

Ricciardo

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 8:37 pm #8

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

GUSH

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 8:39 pm #9

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 8:59 pm #10

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:02 pm #11

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

ClubPanerai
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:05 pm #12

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

Honoured for having organized the XII Meeting Club Panerai in Viareggio, i am happy to see you and the other guests again this year.
Piero & Rita

fletch01
Paneristi
fletch01
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 9:36 pm #13

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

thanks for sharing and now i can remember the loosing hours

greets from Lucca

Marcus

cheers
Marcus

action--dan
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 10:02 pm #14

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

Great to see the familiar faces ! Love the Red wing shot

Look forward to part 2

Best Volker,

Dan

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

May 6th, 2012, 11:16 pm #15

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

Looked like a w/end of fine watches and company - wished I was there

Serva Tempa

kenkan
Paneristi
kenkan
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 12:26 am #16

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

really enjoy the posts plus the smiles of all ristis too, cheers

Regards

KenKan

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 1:00 am #17

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

A lot of history in those pieces... and I'm not referring to just the watches.

Looking forward to more.

-luke

amanda_melb
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 1:37 am #18

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

This is what it's all about. I'm disappointed not to see more replies to this post

ERSanchez
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 1:43 am #19

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

Great to see The Lonan Ranger in FULL color!!!

Looks like as usual a great group of guys made the trek to paradise! Thanks so much for sharing....it looks like it was a complete success!!!

Looking forward to more reports!!

Cheers!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

May 7th, 2012, 1:59 am #20

....allora!

...more fuel

...more fuel for me:

Cheers,
Volker

nt