Well...somewhat overcast by the events of this weekend ...here's my D.I.D fellas >>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Well...somewhat overcast by the events of this weekend ...here's my D.I.D fellas >>>

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 11:46 am #1

An honor to be picked by our m8 Greg last week ...hope I can do it justice Bro ....

Soooooooooo..... Here ya go fellas, hope it brings some smiles to ya dials for a Monday post Pday madness and all that!!

Ship sinking: washed ashore with 10 items;

2 watches
My trusty 1969 Pre Moon Speedy , just love this old bugger......only 2 years younger than me and a lot better lookin'!

and of course ...my soon to be and proudly honoured..... PVD'd Old skool stylee 2 liner...the one and the only BBQ360.... .... I won't nick an image, you know the watch guys and I promise I'll take plenty when she lands...can't wait!!

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

Lemmy on vocals...legendary stuff from 1975 and the eventual birth of 'Motorhead' the band after Lemmy was sacked by Hawkwind for being too hard to 'tame' on their American tour! This was the last track Lemmy wrote and performed with Hawkwind and a song from my youth that lit all kinds of feelings and .shall we say...plenty of other things!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02-77XI1Gs

'Maybe Tomorrow' by Stereophonics.

Always respected these guys, class act.... but I saw them live recently and I have to say...an incredible show that made a massive impact...Kelly Jones' vocals are incredible! ...And the track, well.... a beautiful piece of writing that would grace any far away, sandy beach, just close your eyes....and ...ya never know.... Maybe Tomorrow I might just get my butt of this God forsaken Island!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV58fxXOQuE

1 book

'Mr.Nice' Howard Marks....

A really great read....and what a truly amazing character Howard Marks is, an intellectual that dropped out of Baliol College back in the late sixties to start a whole new life of excitement and intrigue that hinged around the smuggling of Marijuana... it roller coasted him through all manner of crazeeeeeee stuff! ... Whatever your view point, it's a great fun must read book guys!!.. Don't let the title fool ya!

1 movie ( plus a sneaked in sequel )

An almost impossible choice from sooooooo many amazing films.... but for sheer grit and dark humour it has to be the legendary - Lock Stock & 2 Smokin' Barrells ..... Lenny 'The Guvner' McLane's last movie and if not just for the delivery of the line F***ing Northern Monkeys ( No geographic divide intended of course guys...love you quaint Northerners really... even Covac ) ......what a true legend of the East End.... and a truly great British film, Guy Ritchie's finest work IMHO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdiTmEvx ... re=related

And, sorry but I'd have to sneak the sequel 'Snatch' along for the island ride just because Brad Pitt takes 'Pikey' to a whole new level.. ...Some of the best work he's ever done for sure....Genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8&NR=1

1 photograph

My first visit to the Firenze Boutique all those years back and I'd just picked up a 183G ... Sat happy with the Ponte Vecchio in the back ground and life was goooooood... Always reminds of so many things this pic....but non more than our shared passion.

1 memory

No Brainer.....cliched but real... The birth of our beautiful babies. Both born at home and both without hitch.....truly miraculous on every level!!!.... But the fondest part of those memories, was seeing my Mum hold them, she fortunately had the time to know her Grandson Will, but never got to spend much time at all with our baby Girl Georgie... but those memories are, and always will be so very, very precious...... through our kids she's always with us, miss ya Mum.

There's the lil' dude with my 2A on ...

And with his lil' Sis ... bless!!

1 meal

Again, sheer torture making choices on this one...I'm a true foody and took time out back in 2001 to attend Catering college where I trained to be a chef for a couple of years...Yep, I'm qualified and truly love to cook...it's an almost perfect extension of everything I do as a Joiner and Cabinet Maker.??????.....yeah, yeah . my food tastes like a pile of old 'sh.......avings' and can be a bit on the tough side ...bla bla!! Seriously, the planning and execution in cooking is much the same in my mind as when designing/making a piece of Joinery or furniture or whatever it may be at the time. The organisation around actually making it and the final presentation of the piece or the food, two different mediums but very similar paths..... For me, the cooking is end of the day, unwinding, peaceful and generally accompanied by a good glass of something!! ..Can't do that on the machines eh!!

Any ways, here it is - I cooked these for Kaz last year....

Start:
Griddled, diver caught scallops wrapped in Pancetta with black pudding and a sweetcorn puree.

Main:
Medium rare Fillet steak Rossini,Dauphinois potatoes, steamed baby carrots and asparagus with a wild mushroom and Madeira Jus...

Sweet:
Warm Chocolate Fondant with fresh Raspberies and a Vanilla cream.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! No pic.. not enough time to pause and shoot.... use ya imagination!

And to drink.... A bottle of vintage Barolo or two!

And if that's all just a little too ponsy Well, just stick that Fillet in between two slices of rough cut, fresh white bread with some well fried onions and.....jobs definitely a goodun!! Still keep that Barolo in the mix though for sure!!!!!

1 person
Cliched.....yep! .. The woman that changed my life forever...my beautiful Cheese & Kisses... Kaz Couldn't be without her, don't ever want to be! xxxxx ....I mean look at her happy little 'boat race' when she got that Rob box.... never mind the fact that she was pregnant with our Son... that's my Gal!! ;)x

We can do the Fru Fru too Sanchez!!

As Vinny Jones would say....... "It's been emotional" ...

Rules: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I will randomly pick someone.
Sunday evening at 9pm Chicago time I will announce the person. You post your script on Monday with all the blanks filled in.

From any replies, you then pick out of personal choice who you would like to read about. Your choice. Then, keep the ball rolling . The recipient picks. One a week, every Monday. Lets see whats in your mind!

Cheers

South coast - UK

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 12:04 pm #2

Love the Stereophonics too.

You can see this has come from the heart.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

Wear it,Use it.

covactanks
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 12:14 pm #3

An honor to be picked by our m8 Greg last week ...hope I can do it justice Bro ....

Soooooooooo..... Here ya go fellas, hope it brings some smiles to ya dials for a Monday post Pday madness and all that!!

2 watches
My trusty 1969 Pre Moon Speedy , just love this old bugger......only 2 years younger than me and a lot better lookin'!

and of course ...my soon to be and proudly honoured..... PVD'd Old skool stylee 2 liner...the one and the only BBQ360.... .... I won't nick an image, you know the watch guys and I promise I'll take plenty when she lands...can't wait!!

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

Lemmy on vocals...legendary stuff from 1975 and the eventual birth of 'Motorhead' the band after Lemmy was sacked by Hawkwind for being too hard to 'tame' on their American tour! This was the last track Lemmy wrote and performed with Hawkwind and a song from my youth that lit all kinds of feelings and .shall we say...plenty of other things!!

Always respected these guys, class act.... but I saw them live recently and I have to say...an incredible show that made a massive impact...Kelly Jones' vocals are incredible! ...And the track, well.... a beautiful piece of writing that would grace any far away, sandy beach, just close your eyes....and ...ya never know.... Maybe Tomorrow I might just get my butt of this God forsaken Island!!

1 book

A really great read....and what a truly amazing character Howard Marks is, an intellectual that dropped out of Baliol College back in the late sixties to start a whole new life of excitement and intrigue that hinged around the smuggling of Marijuana... it roller coasted him through all manner of crazeeeeeee stuff! ... Whatever your view point, it's a great fun must read book guys!!.. Don't let the title fool ya!

An almost impossible choice from sooooooo many amazing films.... but for sheer grit and dark humour it has to be the legendary - Lock Stock & 2 Smokin' Barrells ..... Lenny 'The Guvner' McLane's last movie and if not just for the delivery of the line F***ing Northern Monkeys ( No geographic divide intended of course guys...love you quaint Northerners really... even Covac ) ......what a true legend of the East End.... and a truly great British film, Guy Ritchie's finest work IMHO!

And, sorry but I'd have to sneak the sequel 'Snatch' along for the island ride just because Brad Pitt takes 'Pikey' to a whole new level.. ...Some of the best work he's ever done for sure....Genius!

1 photograph

My first visit to the Firenze Boutique all those years back and I'd just picked up a 183G ... Sat happy with the Ponte Vecchio in the back ground and life was goooooood... Always reminds of so many things this pic....but non more than our shared passion.

1 memory

No Brainer.....cliched but real... The birth of our beautiful babies. Both born at home and both without hitch.....truly miraculous on every level!!!.... But the fondest part of those memories, was seeing my Mum hold them, she fortunately had the time to know her Grandson Will, but never got to spend much time at all with our baby Girl Georgie... but those memories are, and always will be so very, very precious...... through our kids she's always with us, miss ya Mum.

1 meal

Again, sheer torture making choices on this one...I'm a true foody and took time out back in 2001 to attend Catering college where I trained to be a chef for a couple of years...Yep, I'm qualified and truly love to cook...it's an almost perfect extension of everything I do as a Joiner and Cabinet Maker.??????.....yeah, yeah . my food tastes like a pile of old 'sh.......avings' and can be a bit on the tough side ...bla bla!! Seriously, the planning and execution in cooking is much the same in my mind as when designing/making a piece of Joinery or furniture or whatever it may be at the time. The organisation around actually making it and the final presentation of the piece or the food, two different mediums but very similar paths..... For me, the cooking is end of the day, unwinding, peaceful and generally accompanied by a good glass of something!! ..Can't do that on the machines eh!!

Start:
Griddled, diver caught scallops wrapped in Pancetta with black pudding and a sweetcorn puree.

Main:
Medium rare Fillet steak Rossini,Dauphinois potatoes, steamed baby carrots and asparagus with a wild mushroom and Madeira Jus...

Sweet:
Warm Chocolate Fondant with fresh Raspberies and a Vanilla cream.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! No pic.. not enough time to pause and shoot.... use ya imagination!

And if that's all just a little too ponsy Well, just stick that Fillet in between two slices of rough cut, fresh white bread with some well fried onions and.....jobs definitely a goodun!! Still keep that Barolo in the mix though for sure!!!!!

1 person
Cliched.....yep! .. The woman that changed my life forever...my beautiful Cheese & Kisses... Kaz Couldn't be without her, don't ever want to be! xxxxx ....I mean look at her happy little 'boat race' when she got that Rob box.... never mind the fact that she was pregnant with our Son... that's my Gal!! ;)x

Rules: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I will randomly pick someone.
Sunday evening at 9pm Chicago time I will announce the person. You post your script on Monday with all the blanks filled in.

From any replies, you then pick out of personal choice who you would like to read about. Your choice. Then, keep the ball rolling . The recipient picks. One a week, every Monday. Lets see whats in your mind!

Cheers

South coast - UK
z

'If you're having time problems I feel bad for you son ....I got 99 problems but a watch ain't one !'

RIPBBQ

papillonvic
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 12:23 pm #4

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Very nice ,

All the best,

Vic

WKU2004
Paneristi
WKU2004
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 12:34 pm #5

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Love these posts and congrats again, well done

adam .313.

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 12:51 pm #6

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
I just want to know when you're going to this desert island? And why does your end of the day seem so different to mine??!! (Kaz sneaking in)

Cheers

South coast - UK

Mignatta
Paneristi
Mignatta
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 1:15 pm #7

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
.. but too emotional as the big guy said

LONG LIVE Lemmy (the original one :P )but with all the girls he had in his life he will live long the bastard ;P

andyhunt
Paneristi
andyhunt
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 1:16 pm #8

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Catch up at the weekend

The Difference Between Impossible And Possible Lies In A Persons Determination
Last edited by andyhunt on September 27th, 2010, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 1:41 pm #9

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
In the Firenze pic )
Love it - Chips-ster
Jp

chaswilbur
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 1:44 pm #10

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!
Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!

covactanks
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:17 pm #11

In the Firenze pic )
Love it - Chips-ster
Jp

'If you're having time problems I feel bad for you son ....I got 99 problems but a watch ain't one !'

RIPBBQ

Makrasika
Paneristi
Makrasika
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:24 pm #12

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Chris
London
YNWA

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game." -
Grantland rice

"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right" Mark Twain

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:47 pm #13

RIPBBQ
lggh

Cheers

South coast - UK

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:48 pm #14

z

RIPBBQ

Cheers

South coast - UK

covactanks
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:53 pm #15

...i'm sort of 50/50

RIPBBQ

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 2:55 pm #16

I just want to know when you're going to this desert island? And why does your end of the day seem so different to mine??!! (Kaz sneaking in)

Cheers

South coast - UK
luggh

Cheers

South coast - UK

bueschc
Paneristi
bueschc
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 3:13 pm #17

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
what's not to like.

conorb

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 3:34 pm #18

2 watches

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

1 book

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Start:

Main:

Sweet:

1 person

Cheers

South coast - UK
Loved it Chippy.

You are a very rich man - beautiful family!

Michael M.

chippyjon
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 4:24 pm #19

Chris
London
YNWA

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game." -
Grantland rice

"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right" Mark Twain

lkkh

Cheers

South coast - UK

Makrasika
Paneristi
Makrasika
Paneristi

September 27th, 2010, 4:27 pm #20

Chris
London
YNWA

Grantland rice