TUFF - Tuff tuff week needed the - DNA - Flot Mas power onboard again >>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

TUFF - Tuff tuff week needed the - DNA - Flot Mas power onboard again >>>

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 10:15 am #1

Was on her EPIC Journey from almost scrap metal saved returned to LIFE again with“Function NOT Fashion” with protection of All DNA untouched 👌

Here she is transversely crossing the Mare were some @@@ memories of poss having been to many places we went before only 70-80 years ago 🤔

Image if she could talk the stories (censored) she has been the start of - first time back after so long - that’s MAGIC ... FORZA Panerai 👌

Now that’s RISTI POWER - the rest of the journey to her resting place again to come HAGWE m8’s 🇦🇺♿️🙏🏻👍🏻👌❤️

OMG 😲

ALONG WAY FROM WHAT - LEFT THE UK PERONS HOUSE and 1+ MORE YEARS WORK >>

So long a journey but one I’d do again and as it turns out unknown to me ? another came Much the same I’m @6 months on it - TAXI 🤞

Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

fullcourt1
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 1:33 pm #2

....wow
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 1:37 pm #3

Was on her EPIC Journey from almost scrap metal saved returned to LIFE again with“Function NOT Fashion” with protection of All DNA untouched 👌

Here she is transversely crossing the Mare were some @@@ memories of poss having been to many places we went before only 70-80 years ago 🤔

Image if she could talk the stories (censored) she has been the start of - first time back after so long - that’s MAGIC ... FORZA Panerai 👌

Now that’s RISTI POWER - the rest of the journey to her resting place again to come HAGWE m8’s 🇦🇺♿️🙏🏻👍🏻👌❤️

OMG 😲

So long a journey but one I’d do again and as it turns out unknown to me ? another came Much the same I’m @6 months on it - TAXI 🤞

Look at you with the OG rivet dial! Congrats! 🎉👍🏻🍻
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 5:35 pm #4

OMG 😲

From scrap metal to LIFE. Love the results. How could those parts possibly work in the movement? Dial is amazing! Master watch maker for sure.

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 5:50 pm #5

OMG 😲

Incredible skipper!!!! please share restoration snaps, lets see the process!!!

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 6:15 pm #6

OMG 😲

My Pam knowledge isn't nearly enough to know what this is.

My gut tells me it's beautiful.

The fact that it's on Hammer tells me it's ultra rare and special.

Can someone help me out with what to type into the Google machine to figure out this majestic beast??

Thanks in advance
Mike C, 312 NYC

goldie_1
Paneristi
goldie_1
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 7:41 pm #7

OMG 😲

it was going to be something this vintage - WOWZA! Congrats and could not go to a better home.

Best,

goldie

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 9:14 pm #8

OMG 😲

Awesome!

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 10:26 pm #9

OMG 😲

I removed tje Rolex i had on today and strapped on tne Panerai.

https://i.imgur.com/SiJDEuR.jpg

PAM062E
Paneristi
PAM062E
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 12:13 am #10

OMG 😲

Wow! The case and dial appear to be in excellent conditions! If you need more donors for the 618, please let me know I may have a broken 616 somewhere ...

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 1:41 am #11

Taken by my maatje and el supreme master of images Martin >>>

Working perfectly now >>>

Front and Center >>>

The entire journey will come soon >>>

And now look what is on my bench >>> This would be the cannon pinion and hands >>>

It’s like I’ve been here before >>>

Before >>>

After hand clean ONLY >>>

Wait till you see after the RM clean you could eat off it albeit better be small noodles 🍝

Now we’ll over 100 hours to hand clean every part so perfectly so I could run through the final finish machine RM60 but I was turned away from the RM machine 3 times becuase the parts were still not clean enough - the RM has like a carousel of buckets & baskets that get dunked in various fluids + agitation and moved through different fluid then they ascend and turn and dunk in the next so dirty parts would mean @6 lots of fluids would need to be replaced - even when on the 3rd Time I needed a 3X loupe to see even a macro dot of dirt but finally all by hand my mate let me use his RM60 and finally the parts are ready clean and about too start the fun stuff - trying hard to forget all the hurdles like like broken screws broken parts busted pivots rusted pinions and arbors etcetera etcetera can’t wait to rebuild 👌👌👌

This was first time apart >>>

Well another year long resto but when you can take something so treasured and bring back to life with function it’s a feeling indescribable when the first time I see the balance wheel spin and the pallet fork tick I’ll be one happy Chappy u bet 🇦🇺♿️🙏🏻👌🤗
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

Miki_Ryu
Paneristi
Miki_Ryu
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 6:10 am #12

Pure vintage there. Lend me if I make my way to see you.

Thanks for sharing Bro.

Cheers.

racingfreak201
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 7:49 am #13

OMG 😲

What an amazing restoration and I'm sure you can write a book about the journey! Some scary pre- and fantastic post restoration pics!

PAM062E
Paneristi
PAM062E
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 7:51 am #14

Taken by my maatje and el supreme master of images Martin >>>

Working perfectly now >>>

Front and Center >>>

The entire journey will come soon >>>

And now look what is on my bench >>> This would be the cannon pinion and hands >>>

It’s like I’ve been here before >>>

Before >>>

After hand clean ONLY >>>

Wait till you see after the RM clean you could eat off it albeit better be small noodles 🍝

Now we’ll over 100 hours to hand clean every part so perfectly so I could run through the final finish machine RM60 but I was turned away from the RM machine 3 times becuase the parts were still not clean enough - the RM has like a carousel of buckets & baskets that get dunked in various fluids + agitation and moved through different fluid then they ascend and turn and dunk in the next so dirty parts would mean @6 lots of fluids would need to be replaced - even when on the 3rd Time I needed a 3X loupe to see even a macro dot of dirt but finally all by hand my mate let me use his RM60 and finally the parts are ready clean and about too start the fun stuff - trying hard to forget all the hurdles like like broken screws broken parts busted pivots rusted pinions and arbors etcetera etcetera can’t wait to rebuild 👌👌👌

This was first time apart >>>

Well another year long resto but when you can take something so treasured and bring back to life with function it’s a feeling indescribable when the first time I see the balance wheel spin and the pallet fork tick I’ll be one happy Chappy u bet 🇦🇺♿️🙏🏻👌🤗
Thank you for showing us the pictures. It's amazing how you could bring the life of this gem back.

"...when the first time I see the balance wheel spin and the pallet fork tick I’ll be one happy Chappy u bet" It must be so rewarding to have this experience especially with this watch.

Thank you so much for the pictures, sir!

sassiekiwi
Paneristi
sassiekiwi
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 9:57 am #15

OMG 😲

Seriously!

This is fab ... I particularly like some of the extra journey pics you put up for us! As always, I am in awe of your skills and passions. Thanks for sharing with us Alan. It's beautiful. Hope to see it in real life one day!

S

Panerai-1950
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 12:23 pm #16

OMG 😲

Kind regards

Christian
www.paneristiclub.com

"Dive in your time"

Saludos

Christian

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 1:20 pm #17

OMG 😲

Just amazing, Hammer
JB in Shaker

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

February 4th, 2018, 1:43 pm #18

OMG 😲

dfdfd

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

February 5th, 2018, 2:50 am #19

OMG 😲

The most apt ..

stronzix
Paneristi
stronzix
Paneristi

February 5th, 2018, 6:22 pm #20

OMG 😲

Did not know that Panerai had in the past "closed 6 & 9's" on the dials, I always thought the vintage piece, 3646 and 6152 always came with those types of dials....
I'had have to go back to Mr. Volker's books (References ) and take a closer look, I must have missed it.
Do you know if the watch spent some time at the bottom of the Ocean?
Fantastic restoration by the way

Best,
--CF