The OEM Tan strap explained… pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

The OEM Tan strap explained… pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps

GerardfromHolland
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 2:19 pm #1

The OEM Tan strap explained pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps

Felt the urge to show you some differences between OEM tan straps.
To me the tan strap is as iconic for Panerai as the PAM00001 is.
It seems that for a lot of us the tan strap is just the strap that came with the watch.

Needless to say that I like 'm a lot and think they are very underrated.

Heres a pic of some of my OEM tan straps.
Nicely stored in a strapcase Wojtecki made me on my request with a black interior. Now it matches the OEM box colors.
(Thought I once saw Hammer had the same combination. Eye for detail there Hammer!)

The different OEM tan straps:
Pre-A: sewn in pre-A buckle, orange tan, backliner with a sort of leopard print, flat keeper
A-C: orange tan, brownish backliner, flat keeper
C-transitional: orange tan, light grey/beige backliner, flat keeper
D onwards: brownish tan, light grey/beige backliner, pressed lines in keeper.
Logo on backliner: later on, dont know when, the logo was pressed in the tip of the backliner of the long part of the strap. Do not know in what year!

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Detail of the C-transitional back

Detail of the D onwards back

Detail of the pre-A strap

These straps can age nicely, in my opinion. On the next pic you can see different stages of aging. With my most worn on my PAM1A
Left to right: New, slightly worn, bit more worn, and very very worn with now a very rich darker color. The very worn one looks so much better in reality than on these pics.

And a detail of the straps.

But there are more OEM tan straps.

Next to the Pre-A and the A-C strap is the original PAM195 strap, with a brown backliner. Next to that the MX tan strap, also with a brown backliner.
Hope it shows that all colors tan/brown are all slightly different.

And when I was finished doing this I could have showed some more friends of the OEM tan like:
PAV90, PAV99, the cashmere 1950 and the cashmere blackseal. All wonderfull OEM straps.
Yes its true, the OEM straps are my most favourite straps.

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

E CHI IL GRANCHIO IL PRIMO NUMERALE? CERTAMENTE PAM00001

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tr><td style="background-color:#bbbbbb;" align="left" bgcolor="#bbbbbb"><h1>Additional pics of leopard A-strap</h1></td><td align="right" valign="top">January 10 2009, 3:48 PM </td></tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tr><td style="padding-left:45px;">
Found these pics of a strap I once had.
A-strap, came with a pam 1A with the transitional pre-A box and envelope papers.
Pics are not mine, got them from Guillermo.

Tutorial a bit more complete now.
</td></tr></table>
Last edited by Kingsholm14 on January 10th, 2009, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tfas
Paneristi
tfas
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 2:38 pm #2

nice post Gerard, thanks

[[....]]

Danne10
Paneristi
Danne10
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 2:47 pm #3

The OEM Tan strap explained pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps

It seems that for a lot of us the tan strap is just the strap that came with the watch.

Nicely stored in a strapcase Wojtecki made me on my request with a black interior. Now it matches the OEM box colors.
(Thought I once saw Hammer had the same combination. Eye for detail there Hammer!)

Pre-A: sewn in pre-A buckle, orange tan, backliner with a sort of leopard print, flat keeper
Logo on backliner: later on, dont know when, the logo was pressed in the tip of the backliner of the long part of the strap. Do not know in what year!

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

These straps can age nicely, in my opinion. On the next pic you can see different stages of aging. With my most worn on my PAM1A
Left to right: New, slightly worn, bit more worn, and very very worn with now a very rich darker color. The very worn one looks so much better in reality than on these pics.

Next to the Pre-A and the A-C strap is the original PAM195 strap, with a brown backliner. Next to that the MX tan strap, also with a brown backliner.

And when I was finished doing this I could have showed some more friends of the OEM tan like:
PAV90, PAV99, the cashmere 1950 and the cashmere blackseal. All wonderfull OEM straps.

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tr><td style="background-color:#bbbbbb;" align="left" bgcolor="#bbbbbb"><h1>Additional pics of leopard A-strap</h1></td><td align="right" valign="top">January 10 2009, 3:48 PM </td></tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"><tr><td style="padding-left:45px;">
A-strap, came with a pam 1A with the transitional pre-A box and envelope papers.

</td></tr></table>
nt

tc1881
Paneristi
tc1881
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:01 pm #4

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
but I did see some A-series backlined with leopard print

Happy 009

Greg_Prim
Paneristi
Greg_Prim
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:03 pm #5

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
The A-C Tan is a absolutly wonderful strap. Too bad like everything Panerai they are expensive.

Thanks

GregPrim @ fastmail.fm
(Remove spaces)

GerardfromHolland
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:07 pm #6

but I did see some A-series backlined with leopard print

Happy 009
Indeed, completely slipped my mind.
A-series could come with a leopard back and without the sewn in pre-A buckle, to be fitted with the thumbnail buckle.
I actually had one once!

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

TerryNJ
Paneristi
TerryNJ
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:18 pm #7

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
I have a few of the older tans in the strap box, it's all cleared up as to what they are MANY THANKS !!

Mr.Orange
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:19 pm #8

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>

PAV & OEM. Can't get any better then that!.

Thanks for sharing Gerard

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=8850409

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:48 pm #9

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
Thanks all this information...and for the time you´ve dedicated!

GerardfromHolland
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:48 pm #10

Indeed, completely slipped my mind.
A-series could come with a leopard back and without the sewn in pre-A buckle, to be fitted with the thumbnail buckle.
I actually had one once!

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 3:55 pm #11

Hope you dont mind but I added them to your original post. Apologies in advance, Paddy nt

GerardfromHolland
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 4:17 pm #12

andyhunt
Paneristi
andyhunt
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 4:58 pm #13

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>

Good judgement comes from experience...
Experience comes from bad judgement...

BlackPam
Paneristi
BlackPam
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 5:37 pm #14

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
Excellent post, thanks

Blackpam

eddieng
Paneristi
eddieng
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 6:42 pm #15

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
thanks for sharing, hagwe

SLYtech Risti

BillS100
Paneristi
BillS100
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 7:23 pm #16

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
Thanks for the info.

This one belongs in the archives!!

Bill

RichM-RI
Paneristi
RichM-RI
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 8:38 pm #17

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
Thank you for taking the time to do all this - fantastic job, well explained, and great pictures.

Cheers M8!
RichM

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. ~Buddha

shella10
Paneristi
shella10
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 9:35 pm #18

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
I used to dislike the tan strap my 183 came with now you made me see it in a different light! I look forward to it getting better with age.

My simple collection:

PAM 51
PAM 183

sqrl
Paneristi
sqrl
Paneristi

January 10th, 2009, 9:50 pm #19

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>

amchk
Paneristi
amchk
Paneristi

January 11th, 2009, 12:10 am #20

Front of the straps:

Back of the straps:

Detail of the pre-A back

Detail of the A-C back

Regards,
Gerard from Holland

</td></tr></table>
nt