Submersible .... choice

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Submersible .... choice

harrarm
New User
harrarm
New User

February 2nd, 2018, 3:20 am #1

Dear watch lovers

First let me introduce myself as I am not active at all on this forum (sorry about that)
I live in Asia and I am a big fan of OP, I have a few ones and my first one was a Radiomir 210 which I bought many years ago
Also I ve decided to buy a submersible OP as I love this design + it reflects OP brand DNA (my personal opinion)

I would like to know which reference among the following ones should I chose?
*616 (carbon) *
*692 (BMG)
*1389 or 389 (amagnetic)

Knowing that my top criteria are:
- Authenticity / Purist choice
- Respecting the brand values and history
- Rarity
- Potential for a future investment (cherry on the cake)

I wish everyone a good week end a thanks in advance for your answers

Max

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2018, 4:27 am #2

Wow, three great options

Love the pop of blue on the 1389 v 389. And the black bezel is beautiful

The other two are more higher tech, less common and between them I like the carbotech better. It's so unique and stealth.

You can't go wrong.

Good luck!!
Mike C, 312 NYC

racingfreak201
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2018, 7:14 am #3

Dear watch lovers

First let me introduce myself as I am not active at all on this forum (sorry about that)
I live in Asia and I am a big fan of OP, I have a few ones and my first one was a Radiomir 210 which I bought many years ago
Also I ve decided to buy a submersible OP as I love this design + it reflects OP brand DNA (my personal opinion)

*616 (carbon) *
*692 (BMG)
*1389 or 389 (amagnetic)

- Rarity

Max
All the pieces you've mentioned are regular production pieces and (except for the bmg coming later this year) all readily available.

None of them are bronzo rare.

The 305/1305 are probably as close to purist that you can get with the 47mm subs. I do however also prefer the 389/1389 with ceramic bezel. The 389 is more chunky with green markers, with the 1389 slimmer with white markers and blue small seconds. I prefer the latter for aesthetics, but the former for its bulky feel which speaks to its heritage.

The 692 is going to be a big hit, but more a showcase of where OP is going rather than where they come from.

The 616, money no object, will be my choice. Primarily because it's just badass, bit also because every piece is unique ito carbon weave, so technically you have a 1 of 1 when ot comes to looks. Bronzos are investments when bought new, but in my opinion they should only go to guys that wear them and intend to never sell them, except for original purchase price...yes,I say that because I want a 382...hahaha

Hope it helps

harrarm
New User
harrarm
New User

February 2nd, 2018, 9:01 am #4

Dear watch lovers

*616 (carbon) *
*692 (BMG)
*1389 or 389 (amagnetic)

- Rarity

Max
Thanks a lot
I agree with you 1389 is a safe choice
All the best

Ayer
Paneristi
Ayer
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2018, 6:02 pm #5

Dear watch lovers

*616 (carbon) *
*692 (BMG)
*1389 or 389 (amagnetic)

- Rarity

Max
Ignoring your choices and just going on your criteria. Personally speaking an early T-dial 24, sans painted markers is unbeatable. The polished steel really pops, yellow/orange patinated tritium markers (of course you'll have to be very careful to avoid anything that's chipped or flaky as they're dangerous) but for me that ticks all your criteria boxes in spades. Otherwise the 389, it's next on my list

Stolen picture!

harrarm
New User
harrarm
New User

February 3rd, 2018, 4:24 am #6

Indeed..... it looks super nice

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 3rd, 2018, 10:48 am #7

All the pieces you've mentioned are regular production pieces and (except for the bmg coming later this year) all readily available.

None of them are bronzo rare.

The 305/1305 are probably as close to purist that you can get with the 47mm subs. I do however also prefer the 389/1389 with ceramic bezel. The 389 is more chunky with green markers, with the 1389 slimmer with white markers and blue small seconds. I prefer the latter for aesthetics, but the former for its bulky feel which speaks to its heritage.

The 692 is going to be a big hit, but more a showcase of where OP is going rather than where they come from.

The 616, money no object, will be my choice. Primarily because it's just badass, bit also because every piece is unique ito carbon weave, so technically you have a 1 of 1 when ot comes to looks. Bronzos are investments when bought new, but in my opinion they should only go to guys that wear them and intend to never sell them, except for original purchase price...yes,I say that because I want a 382...hahaha

Hope it helps
I FREAKING Love this one ☝️ made a post awhile back showing various strap images sure you can search it ✅

CarboTech + Carbon Fibre Fork me >>>

Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

nasty204
Paneristi
nasty204
Paneristi

February 13th, 2018, 11:00 pm #8

Ignoring your choices and just going on your criteria. Personally speaking an early T-dial 24, sans painted markers is unbeatable. The polished steel really pops, yellow/orange patinated tritium markers (of course you'll have to be very careful to avoid anything that's chipped or flaky as they're dangerous) but for me that ticks all your criteria boxes in spades. Otherwise the 389, it's next on my list

Stolen picture!

One of my first model that draw me into the brand