So, yesterday I called the new Naples, FL Boutique to see if they had opened and....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

So, yesterday I called the new Naples, FL Boutique to see if they had opened and....

Fbhifi
Paneristi
Fbhifi
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:25 pm #1

Low and behold they had opened that morning only one hour earlier. I live in Marco Island which is only 30 minutes away, with the next nearest boutique being across on the east coast in Boca Raton. Lauren answered the phone all bright eyed and bushy tailed presumably happy to talk to her 1st potential customer. I proceeded to congratulate her on the store opening and then inquired about a few Radiomir models I was interested in. I told her- 448, 449, 424, 425. My strongest interest was in the Cali models. After a several minute wait, while she checkes inventory, she came back on the phone very pleased to give me "good news". I'm expecting she was going to announce that they had the 424 & 425, but Nooooooooo- she said that they had the 448 & 425. After thinking about it for a millisecond I told her I'd take the 448 and would be over shortly to pick it up. Apparently they had just put it on display and I asked my new best friend Lauren to put it back in the box and then offered a credit card to hold it. She said that the credit card wasn't necessary and she looked forward to seeing me later that morning. I got to the store after, fighting the "seasonal" Naples traffic, and it turns out that I'm the 1st customer to set foot in their new store. I walk over to the case where the oversized box containing the 448 was sitting and immediately glanced at the outer cardboard box to confirm that this wasn't some cruel joke but no there it was 448 on the sticker!!

I unpacked the watch feeling like a 7 year old on Christmas morning and gazed upon the beauty of that Cali dial for the 1st time. Sorry for the puny pics, I just set up and used Photobucket for the 1st time. I tried to follow Micah's tutorial but must have missed something. Any further pointers would be welcome.

The watch has a stoic, casual beauty all it's own. Looking at it just makes you smile!! I toured the store and tried on a bunch of other watches, none of which tripped my trigger like the 448. Lauren and I were having a great time talking about Panerai when two gentlemen walk in who Lauren clearly knew. As it turns out it was Simon who is in charge of the Panerai Boutiques and his brother. It was a delight to meet them, talk all things Panerai and enjoy a fabulous expresso that Simon kindly prepared.

What a great day!! I look forward to many more in the future.

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:31 pm #2

Sleziuk
Paneristi
Sleziuk
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:31 pm #3

Low and behold they had opened that morning only one hour earlier. I live in Marco Island which is only 30 minutes away, with the next nearest boutique being across on the east coast in Boca Raton. Lauren answered the phone all bright eyed and bushy tailed presumably happy to talk to her 1st potential customer. I proceeded to congratulate her on the store opening and then inquired about a few Radiomir models I was interested in. I told her- 448, 449, 424, 425. My strongest interest was in the Cali models. After a several minute wait, while she checkes inventory, she came back on the phone very pleased to give me "good news". I'm expecting she was going to announce that they had the 424 & 425, but Nooooooooo- she said that they had the 448 & 425. After thinking about it for a millisecond I told her I'd take the 448 and would be over shortly to pick it up. Apparently they had just put it on display and I asked my new best friend Lauren to put it back in the box and then offered a credit card to hold it. She said that the credit card wasn't necessary and she looked forward to seeing me later that morning. I got to the store after, fighting the "seasonal" Naples traffic, and it turns out that I'm the 1st customer to set foot in their new store. I walk over to the case where the oversized box containing the 448 was sitting and immediately glanced at the outer cardboard box to confirm that this wasn't some cruel joke but no there it was 448 on the sticker!!

I unpacked the watch feeling like a 7 year old on Christmas morning and gazed upon the beauty of that Cali dial for the 1st time. Sorry for the puny pics, I just set up and used Photobucket for the 1st time. I tried to follow Micah's tutorial but must have missed something. Any further pointers would be welcome.

The watch has a stoic, casual beauty all it's own. Looking at it just makes you smile!! I toured the store and tried on a bunch of other watches, none of which tripped my trigger like the 448. Lauren and I were having a great time talking about Panerai when two gentlemen walk in who Lauren clearly knew. As it turns out it was Simon who is in charge of the Panerai Boutiques and his brother. It was a delight to meet them, talk all things Panerai and enjoy a fabulous expresso that Simon kindly prepared.

Great story. Wear you new Cali in good health.

J

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:35 pm #4

back in 1996 when I visited with my wife and children.
Does it still rain at 2.30 in the afternoon every day? I found you could set your watch by the daily shower!
Happy for you with the Cali dial. Enjoy!
Last edited by rapers on February 2nd, 2013, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:36 pm #5

Good for you, enjoy!!!!

steveroadking
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:43 pm #6

Congrats Franz!!!!

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 7:58 pm #7

JB in Shaker

JB in Shaker

lumradsub
Paneristi
lumradsub
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 8:12 pm #8

And actually not that surprising. It makes sense that they would stock their new boutique with some decent stock, otherwise whats the point? Enjoy

My small collection

Fbhifi
Paneristi
Fbhifi
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 8:41 pm #9

Thanks for the enlargements! (nt)

Fbhifi
Paneristi
Fbhifi
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 8:43 pm #10

back in 1996 when I visited with my wife and children.
Does it still rain at 2.30 in the afternoon every day? I found you could set your watch by the daily shower!
Happy for you with the Cali dial. Enjoy!
Afternoon rains are very common in the summer, it's quite dry from November thru May. (nt)

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 9:05 pm #11

Night View DUOMO Firenze

mikefarha
Paneristi
mikefarha
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 9:05 pm #12

yo buy a lottery ticket today as its your day.....

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 9:08 pm #13

I'd be proud to wear that one!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

I'm the anti-flipper!

!!!COMMUNITY UP!!!

murphtyper
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 9:19 pm #14

I need to make it over there. That's the closest boutique to me here in Tampa.

RRM1020
Paneristi
RRM1020
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 9:20 pm #15

I got mine about two weeks ago...havnt worn it because I am waiting for my Ted Su straps to come!

latoyii
Paneristi
latoyii
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 10:10 pm #16

Good for you and Welcome!

Fbhifi
Paneristi
Fbhifi
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 10:20 pm #17

I got mine about two weeks ago...havnt worn it because I am waiting for my Ted Su straps to come!
I measured the lug end of the OEM strap and it is about 26.50mm.

Fbhifi
Paneristi
Fbhifi
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 10:24 pm #18

yo buy a lottery ticket today as its your day.....
I'ts probably too late now. Anyway I sort of feel like I already hit the lottery w/ the 448!

tomele
Paneristi
tomele
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 10:26 pm #19

Congrats & enjoy your Cali !! (nt)

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

February 2nd, 2013, 11:47 pm #20

Great story and congratulations on the watch! (nt)