*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM438 and PAM441

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM438 and PAM441

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 9:35 pm #1

The PAM438 is the first 44mm Luminor with ceramic black matt case and a ceramic black matt bracelet.

The PAM441 is essentially the same watch, but it comes with a strap.
The movement of the PAM438 has a very different look though. More about that below.

Panerai introduced the PAM438 with the name TUTTONERO which means "all black" if I'm not mistaken.
Both watches have the automatic in-house P.9001/B movement with the functions hours, minutes, small seconds, date, second time zone, zero reset and a power reserve indicator on the back.

A closer look at the bracelet, its matt finish looks great

1950's style case seen from the side

The Luminova is ecru

The sandwich dial has all the numbers, just as the PAM359 Luminor Marina 1950 3 days automatic that was introduced at the SIHH 2010.
I've read a couple of discussions about the fact that the word "ceramic" is printed on the dial above the six.
Can't say that it bothers me at all. I actually think that it makes the dial look nicely balanced.

I forgot to ask for confirmation but I don't think that the deployant (folding clasp) is ceramic. I assume it's PVD steel.

The lettering on the case back is gold colored on the 438. The movement is blackened too, the crystal of this version is not "smoked".
OP are now using a new process to darken the movement - the problems that occurred when they started doing this for the 317 are a thing of the past.

The movement of the 441 however looks more regular. The caseback has a smoked see-through sapphire crystal to give the movement a dark look.
It is the same style crystal that can be found on the ceramic PAM335 Luminor 1950 GMT that Panerai introduced at the SIHH in 2010.

The 441 comes with the great looking "assolutamente" strap

The following two photos show how surprisingly alike the black of the PAM360 is compared to that of the ceramic 441.
Interesting because the watches are made using completely different materials and finishing.

You can find the SIHH specifications here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... CA+-+44+MM+***

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:

PAM438
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... MT+CERAMIC

PAM441
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... ica-+44+MM

For your reference

The 2010 PAM359 was the first Panerai with a polished 1950's style case and a sandwich dial with all the numbers

The ceramic PAM335 (2010) was the first Panerai watch with the "smoked" case back crystal

The ceramic PAM317 (2009) has a PVD coated movement, the production process that was initially used caused many problems

Thanks for looking
Martin / paneristi.com SIHH team

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Last edited by wilmsenm on March 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nxpham
Paneristi
nxpham
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 9:48 pm #2

USA Prices for these watches release yet?

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 9:52 pm #3

The PAM438 is the first 44mm Luminor with ceramic black matt case and a ceramic black matt bracelet.

The movement of the PAM438 has a very different look though. More about that below.

Panerai introduced the PAM438 with the name TUTTONERO which means "all black" if I'm not mistaken.
Both watches have the automatic in-house P.9001/B movement with the functions hours, minutes, small seconds, date, second time zone, zero reset and a power reserve indicator on the back.

The Luminova is ecru

The sandwich dial has all the numbers, just as the PAM359 Luminor Marina 1950 3 days automatic that was introduced at the SIHH 2010.
I've read a couple of discussions about the fact that the word "ceramic" is printed on the dial above the six.
Can't say that it bothers me at all. I actually think that it makes the dial look nicely balanced.

I forgot to ask for confirmation but I don't think that the deployant (folding clasp) is ceramic. I assume it's PVD steel.

The lettering on the case back is gold colored on the 438. The movement is blackened too, the crystal of this version is not "smoked".
OP are now using a new process to darken the movement - the problems that occurred when they started doing this for the 317 are a thing of the past.

The movement of the 441 however looks more regular. The caseback has a smoked see-through sapphire crystal to give the movement a dark look.
It is the same style crystal that can be found on the ceramic PAM335 Luminor 1950 GMT that Panerai introduced at the SIHH in 2010.

The following two photos show how surprisingly alike the black of the PAM360 is compared to that of the ceramic 441.
Interesting because the watches are made using completely different materials and finishing.

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

The 2010 PAM359 was the first Panerai with a polished 1950's style case and a sandwich dial with all the numbers

The ceramic PAM335 (2010) was the first Panerai watch with the "smoked" case back crystal

The ceramic PAM317 (2009) has a PVD coated movement, the production process that was initially used caused many problems

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Beautiful watch though. I love gmts.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 9:53 pm #4

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
glad you got all the finger prints off that bracelet before taking these photos

I would still prefer the strap but man I just saw these babies in another light...you have a way of doing that

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 9:56 pm #5

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Really like that ceramic 1950 case. Although I hate the new style bracelet design, the all ceramic bracelet is kinda cool...

Wish they would do the old style bracelet in ceramic...?? Maybe?? Anyone listening? Only can hope.

Studio City, CA

J.Fok
Paneristi
J.Fok
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:02 pm #6

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
now to start saving my pennies so i can buy this watch lol

fullcourt1
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:13 pm #7

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
"
dp
just living the dream
chicago
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:25 pm #8

USA Prices for these watches release yet?
as far as I know, but here's a link to a post with prices for some of the models in Euro:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... in+EURO%29

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:26 pm #9

Really like that ceramic 1950 case. Although I hate the new style bracelet design, the all ceramic bracelet is kinda cool...

Wish they would do the old style bracelet in ceramic...?? Maybe?? Anyone listening? Only can hope.

Studio City, CA
that this new style bracelet is a much better fit for this model. Just my opinion of course.
Thanks,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:27 pm #10

glad you got all the finger prints off that bracelet before taking these photos

I would still prefer the strap but man I just saw these babies in another light...you have a way of doing that

much appreciated

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:34 pm #11

that this new style bracelet is a much better fit for this model. Just my opinion of course.
Thanks,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
I'm just a big fan of the old bracelet & not the new

Certainly to each his own.

Cheers! AP

Studio City, CA

hardimana
Paneristi
hardimana
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 10:43 pm #12

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Thanks for all the awesome pics.. Is that watch made out of Ceramic? LOL

docfink
Paneristi
docfink
Paneristi

January 26th, 2012, 11:25 pm #13

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
...but I would prefer "GMT" on the lower half of the dial and the "ceramic" removed. A nice, modern interpretation of the classic Luminor. The black works beautifully with the new-style bracelet. The 438 is a winner.

david

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 12:31 am #14

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
The clasp in steel + PVD and so is the element connecting the bracelet to the case.

THis watch looks great in person, not only in the pics

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

CharlesLC
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 1:14 am #15

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
but your pics gave me a new lust, Martin.
Thanks a lot. really.

Would be better without the "ceramic" on the dial - but still very cool.

c

Chase265
Paneristi
Chase265
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 1:24 am #16

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
that is super sexy

jibuti
Paneristi
jibuti
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 2:41 am #17

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
"Ceramic" writing on dial means it is non-EU version...?

"it is only water in stranger s tear"

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 2:49 am #18

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
GUSH

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 2:54 am #19

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
From the very first press release, I was in love with the 438. A bit out of my price range, so I will have to wait and save, but it is definitely a watch I would love to acquire in the future. Your pics and review helped cement that, Martin.

Many thanks,

Eric

ucdvwchan
Paneristi
ucdvwchan
Paneristi

January 27th, 2012, 3:39 am #20

The Luminova is ecru

PAM438

PAM441

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
The darkened movement along with the ceramic casing really grows on me... don't know how well the ceramic models will hold up over time though.