*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM395 Radiomir 8 Days GMT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM395 Radiomir 8 Days GMT

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 7:27 pm #1

Quote from the SIHH documentation:

Loyalty to its historic origins perfectly blended with elegance and sophistication: these are the
characteristic features of the new Radiomir 8 Days GMT Oro Rosso.

The 395 has one of the most beautiful brown dials. The dial has a magical golden sheen.
It really is an elegant and sophisticated looking watch. Just beautiful. You have to see it in person.

The 395 is akin to the currently discontinued stainless steel 268 (pics at the bottom of the page),
but note that the new 395 doesn't have a cyclops and that the 268 doesn't have an AM/PM indicator.

The 395 is a special edition Radiomir. Its case is 45mm and made of red gold "oro rosso".
This is a new type of gold that - according to my information - has not been used by OP before.

The photo below shows its golden sheen as the dial catches the light.
Its beauty is hard to capture with flash photography - but trust me, this dial is something special.
The official photographer has done a much better job showing what I mean.
Check out the official photos with the links at the bottom of the page.

As impressive as the front of the watch is, the movement (P.2002/10) is just stunning.
In my opinion, this watch clearly shows what OP are capable of now.

Perfect finishing and engraving. Such a pleasure to look at.

The P.2002 calibre is handwound and offers the functions date, second time zone, AM/PM indicator, zero reset and a horizontal power reserve indicator on the dial (aka "fang").

Another close up of the case back

Note that the 395 has a sandwich dial with green Luminova, as opposed to the ecru that we have been seeing on most new watches lately.

You can find the SIHH specifications here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... al+Edition+***

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... +Oro+Rosso

For your reference

The discontinued stainless steel PAM268

Case back of the 268 (left) next to that of the 233 - both showing the P.2002 movement

Thanks for looking
Martin / paneristi.com SIHH team

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Last edited by wilmsenm on March 12th, 2012, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JPRamos
Paneristi
JPRamos
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm #2

Hey Martin! I hope you are well.
Brother - your pictures are truly amazing! They really capture the beautiful characteristics of our beloved watches.
Thanks for all the pics you are submitting mate.

Your friend from the US,

Pastor J
No.VA
USA

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 8:09 pm #3

Loyalty to its historic origins perfectly blended with elegance and sophistication: these are the

The 395 has one of the most beautiful brown dials. The dial has a magical golden sheen.
It really is an elegant and sophisticated looking watch. Just beautiful. You have to see it in person.

The 395 is akin to the currently discontinued stainless steel 268 (pics at the bottom of the page),
but note that the new 395 doesn't have a cyclops and that the 268 doesn't have an AM/PM indicator.

The 395 is a special edition Radiomir. Its case is 45mm and made of red gold "oro rosso".
This is a new type of gold that - according to my information - has not been used by OP before.

Its beauty is hard to capture with flash photography - but trust me, this dial is something special.

As impressive as the front of the watch is, the movement (P.2002/10) is just stunning.

The P.2002 calibre is handwound and offers the functions date, second time zone, AM/PM indicator, zero reset and a horizontal power reserve indicator on the dial (aka "fang").

Note that the 395 has a sandwich dial with green Luminova, as opposed to the ecru that we have been seeing on most new watches lately.

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:

For your reference

Case back of the 268 (left) next to that of the 233 - both showing the P.2002 movement

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Night View
Il Duomo Firenze

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 8:19 pm #4

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
That skelotenized movement is gorgeous, not a high-end finish (as it is not meant to compete at that level) but rather a sign of the capability and good taste

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

gfriedell
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 8:31 pm #5

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
It's done in a "tool-like" industrial way, a great alternative to the base 2002 finish.

Last edited by gfriedell on January 25th, 2012, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 9:10 pm #6

Hey Martin! I hope you are well.
Brother - your pictures are truly amazing! They really capture the beautiful characteristics of our beloved watches.
Thanks for all the pics you are submitting mate.

Your friend from the US,

Pastor J
No.VA
USA

I know I still owe you a few pics but I can't the message with the info... can you remind me please?
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

wesleyvs
Paneristi
wesleyvs
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 9:59 pm #7

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
.. The index looks ecru color instead of green...

Anyone knows the msrp in euro ?

Cheers

mfer
Paneristi
mfer
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 10:19 pm #8

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Like this one very much but I wonder what these watches would look like without the Sandwich AM/PM. I think they might look better if they just apply it to the dial opposed to cutting it out like that.

They don't just do that on this watch, they do it with all the AM/PM indicators. But, what do I know.

That movement is an improvement IMHO.

Pictures are perfect as always Martin.

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 10:37 pm #9

.. The index looks ecru color instead of green...

Anyone knows the msrp in euro ?

Cheers
But at home I noticed that the luminova appears green in the photos... Could be that it lit up this way because of the lighting. Ecru luminova lights up green as usual in the dark, so that would make sense.
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

RUpanerai
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 10:47 pm #10

For your reference

Thanks for looking

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
I believe that it is the same movement... Why couldnt they do the bridge like THAT in the 233!!!?!?!

That movement looks so much better!

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 11:14 pm #11

233=P.2002/1
268=P.2002/3
395=P.2002/10

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

RUpanerai
Paneristi

January 25th, 2012, 11:47 pm #12

Hope that the movement finds its way into other SS models...