*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM449

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM449

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:02 pm #1

As I wrote in my SIHH introduction post earlier today, Mr Bonati told me that he does read paneristi.com from time to time, and that he is always interested in what the paneristi have to say.

I'd like to think that the introduction of the new Panerai Radiomir S.L.C. 3 Days really shows that OP are listening. Lots of people were saying that the PAM373 was a winner at last year's SIHH, but if only it was available in steel (the 373 has a platinum case). Well, the PAM449 must be OP's answer.

I have to admit that when I saw the first press photos, I really did like this watch - but I wasn't sure about the blue hands. Seeing a watch in person can make you change your mind in no time at all. I really do love this watch and its blue hands look perfect on it.

The PAM449 is a Special Edition and 500 units will be produced.

Note that the watch in the photos is still a prototype so the final production version may be somewhat different. If you have a good look at the photos, you can easily spot some things that the final version won't have.

On to the photos...

The words Radiomir Panerai are engraved in the dial, the above photo clearly shows how 3d this engraving is. Very cool

As you can see, the Luminova is ecru. Same as that of e.g. the PAM372. I was told that "ecru" is actually the preferred term to use when referring to this color. Further info can be found here on wikipedia.org.

The SIHH documentation contains this information: To emphasise the strong historical connotations of these two Special Editions, the word VINTAGE
is engraved between the strap attachments at 6 oclock
. As you can see in the photos, the prototype doesn't have this detail yet.

The crown has the embossed OP logo.

The SIHH prototype has PAM00426 engraved where the strap is attached at the 12 o'clock position. This is obviously another detail that the final production version will not have. I'm not sure what will be there instead.

You can find the SIHH specifications here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... AL+EDITION+***

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... +Days+47mm

For your reference, here are some photos of the PAM373 that was introduced last year.

The 373 has a brownish dial whereas that of the 449 is black.
Other differences are that 373 has gold hands, a platinum case and it comes with an alligator strap.
Both the 373 and and the 449 have the in-house P.3000 movement.

Thanks for looking,
Martin / paneristi.com SIHH team

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Last edited by wilmsenm on March 12th, 2012, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul-Belgium
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm #2

were can i get one .....
Many thanks

Polleke

ERSanchez
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm #3

As I wrote in my SIHH introduction post earlier today, Mr Bonati told me that he does read paneristi.com from time to time, and that he is always interested in what the paneristi have to say.

I'd like to think that the introduction of the new Panerai Radiomir S.L.C. 3 Days really shows that OP are listening. Lots of people were saying that the PAM373 was a winner at last year's SIHH, but if only it was available in steel (the 373 has a platinum case). Well, the PAM449 must be OP's answer.

I have to admit that when I saw the first press photos, I really did like this watch - but I wasn't sure about the blue hands. Seeing a watch in person can make you change your mind in no time at all. I really do love this watch and its blue hands look perfect on it.

Note that the watch in the photos is still a prototype so the final production version may be somewhat different. If you have a good look at the photos, you can easily spot some things that the final version won't have.

On to the photos...

The words Radiomir Panerai are engraved in the dial, the above photo clearly shows how 3d this engraving is. Very cool

As you can see, the Luminova is ecru. Same as that of e.g. the PAM372. I was told that "ecru" is actually the preferred term to use when referring to this color. Further info can be found here on wikipedia.org.

The SIHH documentation contains this information: To emphasise the strong historical connotations of these two Special Editions, the word VINTAGE

The SIHH prototype has PAM00426 engraved where the strap is attached at the 12 o'clock position. This is obviously another detail that the final production version will not have. I'm not sure what will be there instead.

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:

For your reference, here are some photos of the PAM373 that was introduced last year.

Other differences are that 373 has gold hands, a platinum case and it comes with an alligator strap.

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
....breath-taking from every angle. The dial is absolutely perfect with it's simplicity features that still manage to scream Panerai. Hopefully nothing much will change from the proto to production? Either way, it's a winner! And I can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks for the excellent photos, killer! Even though you have a way of making the ugliest watch look spectacular, that isn't the case with this one.

Cheers & HAGWE!!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

time4me
Paneristi
time4me
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:19 pm #4

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Can't wait to see this one in the metal!

Jim (time4me)

"It is not so much how you manage the successes but how you withstand the crisis."

stingerstingray
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Pam 382; Pam 112; Rolex GMT MasterII

porsche-964
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:26 pm #6

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

censec
Paneristi
censec
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:28 pm #7

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Huge thanks on that detailed implementation to Sig AB and Panerai! Great challenge - with brilliance done.

Chapeau,
Hagen

zameenzahari
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:39 pm #8

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Can't wait to get my hands on one!!

Panerai449
Paneristi
Panerai449
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm #9

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Wonderful work many many thanks - this is the reason why I've switched to being a future Panerai owner the passion shown by the Paneristi and OP completely in touch with what their customers want - and delivering in pure Italian flair and style and history.

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm #10

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
the production!

Fantastic photos of a beautiful & historic piece! Thanks Martin.

-luke

fullcourt1
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:50 pm #11

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

dp
just living the dream
chicago
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

HinaIpo
Paneristi
HinaIpo
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:51 pm #12

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:55 pm #13

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Of a not to shabby looking watch

docbowman
Paneristi
docbowman
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm #14

can't wait to see your visual take on the 448.
i'm on the wait list at my AD for the 2012 Cali, but after seeing these, i might be regretting my decision.
also, as an aside, i'm secretly hoping that they leave the word "VINTAGE" off the final production pieces.

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm #15

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Please, the word VINTAGE is off, isn't it?

Vintage watch is a VINTAGE watch, why call vintage a new model? Free use of words, but I think this models would be much better without this "plus"

If a buyer buys the watch for its aesthetic not for historical resemblance, then "vintage" would mean nothing. If a buyer buys this watch because of its historical resemblance, still "vintage" would have nill value.

best

docbowman
Paneristi
docbowman
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 10:14 pm #16

Totally agree (nt)

jacksonian71
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 10:14 pm #17

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Fabulous pictures, Martin. Thank you as always for stunning work.

Mr. Bonati, if you're reading...Please don't put "Vintage" on the case. Please stick with the way you did the case for the 372 and 373. Put the case style number on one side and the model number on the other. That's so much more classic and timeless than a word like "vintage" being on the watch. I think if you took a poll of Panerai collectors, you'd get a 100% no vote on writing vintage on the watch. Otherwise it's perfect!

Thanks to OP for producing such a great piece and to Martin for making it come alive.

Brent

Rippie
Paneristi
Rippie
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 10:23 pm #18

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Great pictures,as usual.. The third option is the 425 which is not a special edition, and I assume much cheaper than the 373 (for sure!) and the 449, Anyone know price differences between the 425 and the 449?

bzabodyn
Paneristi
bzabodyn
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 10:24 pm #19

Fabulous pictures, Martin. Thank you as always for stunning work.

Mr. Bonati, if you're reading...Please don't put "Vintage" on the case. Please stick with the way you did the case for the 372 and 373. Put the case style number on one side and the model number on the other. That's so much more classic and timeless than a word like "vintage" being on the watch. I think if you took a poll of Panerai collectors, you'd get a 100% no vote on writing vintage on the watch. Otherwise it's perfect!

Thanks to OP for producing such a great piece and to Martin for making it come alive.

Brent

Keep the pig off the dial of the 425 too!

I've already ordered one from my AD and I really hope this detail is left off - the preproduction piece at SIHH is PERFECT!!!

Brandon

PAM 372 (Gone - 111, 210, 351) - 390 in waiting!

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

January 21st, 2012, 10:27 pm #20

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
x