Secure watch storage

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Secure watch storage

spstevens
Paneristi
spstevens
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 6:04 pm #1

Greetings, all.

A quick question to the group, as most of you have much more watch collecting experience than I do. As my collection has grown to 4 good watches, I'm wondering the most efficient means of secure storage. Right now, I have one of the 4 on a winder that is on my dresser with the other 3 laying on top of the winder on cuffs. I'd like to keep the watches accessible and wearable and not relegate them to a safe, but wondering if there might be a more secure method of storage. Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

-Scott

fullcourt1
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 6:49 pm #2

maybe a small home safe is in order? (nt)
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

tsunami2000
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 6:52 pm #3

Greetings, all.

A quick question to the group, as most of you have much more watch collecting experience than I do. As my collection has grown to 4 good watches, I'm wondering the most efficient means of secure storage. Right now, I have one of the 4 on a winder that is on my dresser with the other 3 laying on top of the winder on cuffs. I'd like to keep the watches accessible and wearable and not relegate them to a safe, but wondering if there might be a more secure method of storage. Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

-Scott
Fire and Burglary proof. Heavy. Bolted to the floor.

AmSec makes some nice ones.

mike2zero
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 8:11 pm #4

Greetings, all.

-Scott

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 8:45 pm #5

Greetings, all.

-Scott
We ended up ended up with a full vault drilled in to the concrete floor with concrete on three sides and a motion sensors on the door. It's nice to know our photo albums and my G-Shock are safe. Even with all this, the watches, etc. are at the bank in a safe deposit box. Is it convenient? No. ..but I believe it's the most effective form of secure storage.

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 10:05 pm #6

is it famous, period correct, etc? someone here must know.
Mike C, 312 NYC

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 10:06 pm #7

Greetings, all.

-Scott
or is that an expensive custom job?
Mike C, 312 NYC

spstevens
Paneristi
spstevens
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 10:12 pm #8

Thanks for thinking of me! If I ever have to take this advise, I'll have bigger problems than watch storage!

spstevens
Paneristi
spstevens
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 10:13 pm #9

Fire and Burglary proof. Heavy. Bolted to the floor.

AmSec makes some nice ones.
I'll look in to AmSec. Looks like there are a couple dealers close to my house.

-S

MattyMac
Paneristi
MattyMac
Paneristi

July 6th, 2017, 11:09 pm #10

Greetings, all.

-Scott
Get a good home safe. Bolted down. One that will withstand the house burning down around it.

Best thing I ever bought. If you care about your watch boxes you'll need a pretty big one. Standard PAM and SE boxes are pretty big and take up a lot of space in the safe. If that's not important you can get by with a small one.

It's pretty ghetto but I put my watches in regular rotation in tube socks when I'm not wearing them to keep them from getting scratched from when I take them in and out of the safe.

My safe is about about 650lbs 5 feet tall and was a bitch to install in the base of my bedroom closet but all my watch related items stay in there and I feel good about it.
Matt aka "MattyMac"
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/uhRXPLEt.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/Y9DzklCt.jpg[/img][/url]

tarichar
Paneristi
tarichar
Paneristi

July 7th, 2017, 3:36 am #11

Greetings, all.

-Scott
I have it bolted to the concrete foundation, and it's very secure. It has an S&G mechanical lock.

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

July 7th, 2017, 12:19 pm #12

We ended up ended up with a full vault drilled in to the concrete floor with concrete on three sides and a motion sensors on the door. It's nice to know our photo albums and my G-Shock are safe. Even with all this, the watches, etc. are at the bank in a safe deposit box. Is it convenient? No. ..but I believe it's the most effective form of secure storage.
Photo albums (of pre-digitial images) aren't replaceable ! Good idea to keep them safe.
JB in Shaker

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

July 7th, 2017, 2:59 pm #13

You bet...too much history to risk on a bookshelf, JB. :-)

spstevens
Paneristi
spstevens
Paneristi

July 7th, 2017, 10:46 pm #14

Greetings, all.

-Scott
For the responses. Going to do a little safe shopping and research. A heavy safe might be problematic in our upstairs master bedroom since we have a 100 year old house, but I'll be finding out.

Thanks again for the input and pics!

-Scott