Panerai quick change system or screws

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Panerai quick change system or screws

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 11:44 am #1

Which one do you prefer? I have one watch with screws and one with the push button system. I love how easy it is to change straps with the quick change system however, I always feel nervous that one of those little buttons is going to fall out. Is it just me or do others feel the same? I also wonder how many times you can change the straps before the system might fail. Maybe I'm just being paranoid after reading a few posts on this issue

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:05 pm #2

1. Historically relevant.
2. Less to go wrong as long as you are mindful not to strip your threads.

In fact, call me crazy, I believe I'd take springbars over the quick change system. Easy to operate and even less to go wrong.
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

gfriedell
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:17 pm #3

Which one do you prefer? I have one watch with screws and one with the push button system. I love how easy it is to change straps with the quick change system however, I always feel nervous that one of those little buttons is going to fall out. Is it just me or do others feel the same? I also wonder how many times you can change the straps before the system might fail. Maybe I'm just being paranoid after reading a few posts on this issue

Change straps and much less likely to slip and damage the watch. Never had a single problem with the quick change system.

tarichar
Paneristi
tarichar
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:24 pm #4

I have both systems and although I appreciate the quick change, I'm paranoid so I prefer the screws. Although the screws can fall out too, so nothing is foolproof.

Troy

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:56 pm #5

funny i don't chg the strap on my 328 as often now that i found a great strap for it.

enjoy
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm #6

In fact, call me crazy, I believe I'd take springbars over the quick change system. Easy to operate and even less to go wrong.
thanks for your comments

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 2:58 pm #7

Change straps and much less likely to slip and damage the watch. Never had a single problem with the quick change system.
Maybe I need to relax a little

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 3:00 pm #8

I have both systems and although I appreciate the quick change, I'm paranoid so I prefer the screws. Although the screws can fall out too, so nothing is foolproof.

Troy
Thanks Troy good to know it's not just me

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 3:02 pm #9

funny i don't chg the strap on my 328 as often now that i found a great strap for it.

enjoy
Good to hear. Thanks DP

azcodman
Paneristi
azcodman
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 3:11 pm #10

While I do appreciate the ease of changing straps with the QC buttons, there have been more than a few stories of them failing with expensive consequences and/or having to send the watch to Switzerland for a repair.

If the repair could be carried out by any authorized Panerai service center at minimal cost, I'd be a much bigger fan of them.

The thought of springbars on a Panerai just feels wrong, but maybe I'll change my mind as a model that uses them is on the way.

Keith

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 3:13 pm #11

ss

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm #12

While I do appreciate the ease of changing straps with the QC buttons, there have been more than a few stories of them failing with expensive consequences and/or having to send the watch to Switzerland for a repair.

If the repair could be carried out by any authorized Panerai service center at minimal cost, I'd be a much bigger fan of them.

The thought of springbars on a Panerai just feels wrong, but maybe I'll change my mind as a model that uses them is on the way.

Keith
All dat stuff

ambush11
Paneristi
ambush11
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 6:06 pm #13

3 screws and 1 quick change. Huge fan of my 233 quick change. To me that should be the standard.

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 7:11 pm #14

It's probably not a good design for salt water and I wish it were repairable.

You should be able to screw it out and replace it easily. Crazy bad design.

So nice changing a strap with it though - so nice!

hwest1013
Paneristi
hwest1013
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 8:08 pm #15

Interesting timing...my 392 that is 20 months old just had a quick change button fly out of it, rending the watch useless. It is now in Switzerland after initially being shipped to Ft. Worth for the repair. The watch should be under warranty. Ft. Worth said they couldn't fix the watch there so they had to send it to Switzerland. That was about three weeks ago. It's been gone about a month. I have to imagine that because Ft. Worth can't repair it they will have to either replace the case or they have some device there that can fit the spring system back into the case. If the former, it would be hard to believe that Panerai would have to replace the entire case for a $5 part. No telling how long it will be gone. Not a good situation.

MattyMac
Paneristi
MattyMac
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 10:58 pm #16

It's probably not a good design for salt water and I wish it were repairable.

You should be able to screw it out and replace it easily. Crazy bad design.

So nice changing a strap with it though - so nice!
Quick Change is very nice and quick" albeit on watches that will not see saltwater. There has been some failures mentioned in the past that are not a cheap fix if the watch is out of warranty.

The screws are easy, tried and true. Really hard to "screw" up.
Matt aka "MattyMac"
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/uhRXPLEt.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/Y9DzklCt.jpg[/img][/url]

Ayer
Paneristi
Ayer
Paneristi

March 15th, 2017, 9:05 am #17

Spring-bars just feel totally wrong to me on a Panerai, it's one of the reasons why the 1940 Radiomir have never had much appeal (although my interest was piqued by the 512 with the lovely P.999 movement). I've never had any issues with the quick change pushers. I managed to mash up the end of one of the screw bars on my 170 as the previous owner had glued all the screw threads but my local watchmaker was able to come to the rescue and a replacement bar was pennies. So yes you do sound a little paranoid, but having said that Panerai's QC isn't infallible and the occasional mutt does tend to sneak thru so maintain a good relationship with your AD so you've someplace you can go and throw a fit if something goes awry.

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 15th, 2017, 10:02 am #18

Keith
Look forward to seeing a post on your new model when it arrives

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 15th, 2017, 10:03 am #19

ss
A thousand removals without a problem speaks for itself

paulee53
Paneristi
paulee53
Paneristi

March 15th, 2017, 10:04 am #20

3 screws and 1 quick change. Huge fan of my 233 quick change. To me that should be the standard.
the fear factor